Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shadows of the Hist Review

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited August 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageShadows of the Hist Review

Shadows of the Hist, the most recent DLC added to Elder Scrolls Online, just launched on August 1st for PC. We’ve been dabbling for a bit on the PTR, and now on live, and have come to a verdict on the Argonian-centric dungeon and cosmetically focused expansion.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    The only thing I have done so far is dye my costume. However this is the first DLC I will refer to as a patch and not really worthy of the DLC tag. Not a bad thing but most of the changes arent related to the two dungeons.

1500 is an ok price but probably should have been 1000 with just two dungeons added ( $5 a piece seems ok to me ).

However I am more interested in some of the data mined info coming out about Vvardenfel.. It looks like that entire area is going to a DLC.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    The sneaky bastards got me to sub again when they added the crafting bag... hard to pass on that for someone like me who crafts everything.

DLCs are just gravy for me :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    ya the crafting bag is awesome worth the sub in my opinion also the fact that you get 1500 crowns every month is great so you could by all that dlc. I just got my legerdmain skill to 12 pick pocketing is so much fun.
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    When I started playing, I made a Kahjjit Templar.  With no bonuses for magicka or light armor, this was probably not the ideal racial choice.  So I made him into a Paladin, and played him that way.  Still, not the greatest.  They have a bonus to stamina, so I changed a couple of my magicka powers to stam.  But I figured that since I had a ton of crowns, I might as well change him.  I made him an Imperial, with small bonuses to all attributes, this would make a better Paladin.  Cost 3500 crowns, and I bet the price goes down soon, or goes on sale often.  But it was worth it.

So now I have a meatbag handy.  I can brag about how cool I look, then suddenly use the meatbag and yell, 'HAIRBALL!'  As a leftover from being a cat...  I can also occasionally talk with a deep voice in a bad Russian accent for the same reason! 

And, of course, the name 'GladCat' had to be changed...

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

SlyLoK said:

The only thing I have done so far is dye my costume. However this is the first DLC I will refer to as a patch and not really worthy of the DLC tag. Not a bad thing but most of the changes arent related to the two dungeons.

1500 is an ok price but probably should have been 1000 with just two dungeons added ( $5 a piece seems ok to me ).

However I am more interested in some of the data mined info coming out about Vvardenfel.. It looks like that entire area is going to a DLC.

And if it had been 1000 would you have not said "1000 is an ok price but probably should have been 650 with just two dungeons added"....
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

GladDog said:

When I started playing, I made a Kahjjit Templar.  With no bonuses for magicka or light armor, this was probably not the ideal racial choice.  So I made him into a Paladin, and played him that way.  Still, not the greatest.  They have a bonus to stamina, so I changed a couple of my magicka powers to stam.  But I figured that since I had a ton of crowns, I might as well change him.  I made him an Imperial, with small bonuses to all attributes, this would make a better Paladin.  Cost 3500 crowns, and I bet the price goes down soon, or goes on sale often.  But it was worth it.

So now I have a meatbag handy.  I can brag about how cool I look, then suddenly use the meatbag and yell, 'HAIRBALL!'  As a leftover from being a cat...  I can also occasionally talk with a deep voice in a bad Russian accent for the same reason! 

Sounds like you are having fun!

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Anyone know if the dungeon finder is still broken in ESO ? I queued for hours trying to get to the new dungeons and nothing. I thought there would be huge amounts of people queuing for these new dungeons.
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    Anyone know if the dungeon finder is still broken in ESO ? I queued for hours trying to get to the new dungeons and nothing. I thought there would be huge amounts of people queuing for these new dungeons.
    Yeah. Something went wrong with the DB patch a couple of months back and they've been trying to fix it ever since. It's definitely funky and works sometimes but not always.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I'd say it works for healers and tanks still. But not hardly ever for DPS.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

I'd say it works for healers and tanks still. But not hardly ever for DPS.
    Even that is hit and miss. There have been times when I've queued for any random on my healer for 3 hours plus with no match and sometimes I've gotten like 3 in a row with barely a wait on a DPS.

Before the DB update it was actually working great, with the slightly longer waits for DPS of course. The DB patch did something and they tried to hotfix it and tweak it with weekly patches but it's still not like it was before DB.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    waynejr2 said:

GladDog said:

Sounds like you are having fun!
    *COUGH*  HAIRBALL!  Yes, I am having fun!

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

Iselin said:

The sneaky bastards got me to sub again when they added the crafting bag... hard to pass on that for someone like me who crafts everything.

DLCs are just gravy for me :)

IF DLCs are the gravy, what is the mashed potatoes? And the pumpkin pie?

edited August 2016
    Need to run these dungeons tonight if I can. Look fun.

waynejr2 said:

SlyLoK said:

And if it had been 1000 would you have not said "1000 is an ok price but probably should have been 650 with just two dungeons added"....

Of course not. I am one of the bigger ESO fans on this site. However I will call it like I see it.
  • WolfsheadWolfshead Member UncommonPosts: 224

SlyLoK said:

I total agree with you and honest this so call DLC is not 2500 crown and honest this 2 dungeon could have been add in to DB DLC instead it is total useless DLC to be honest.
  • etharnetharn Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Most people that actually care already sub to the game which they get it for free lol. This game is getting too large download size lol. Only got 111gb HDD (I know I need to update it lol)

A man who fears nothing is a man who loves nothing; and if you love nothing, what joy is there in your life?

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

Iselin said:

PsYcHoGBR said:

Yeah. Something went wrong with the DB patch a couple of months back and they've been trying to fix it ever since. It's definitely funky and works sometimes but not always.

Wow, what a surprise! Maybe by next year they will figure out how to fix it LOL

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    I have the other DLC's but this one just seemed to give 2 new dungeons really. Dungeons that you either stand around waiting and hoping to find a group or just bypass doing them at all.
    Thats why i decided not to bother with this DLC and more than likely will bypass it