Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert gone HARD p2w! (Cash shop Items, available at Market Place next week)

Comments

• AeolynAeolyn Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Aeolyn said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Phry said:
    Feels like a massive kick in the teeth tbh :(

'J Geils Band - Centerfold' moment.
    I guess it really is all downhill from here  >:)
    Aye.
    Thankfully, WoW:Legion comes soon, and the invasions start next week along with Demon Hunter.
    And Blizzard never ever disappointed me that way. And they will never.

This said, there's a massive uprising on the BDO forums in the thread about that. Be sure to post your disagreement. It's NOT live yet. Maybe seeing it's not an uprising, but rather a major riot, they will change their mind?
    I've got the feeling Daum EU cares but kakoa in kr is like show me the money and dont care about how we feel and their way is absolute.
    Well, if you look at that thread, growing by like 1 page per minute, they better care, or they will soon lose the majority of the people who pay for the game.

I'm quite used to "disagreement with developer" threads, and honestly, I've rarely seen a shitstorm like that. And each time I've seen one, it ended very badly for the development company.
    Really?  AA doesn't really seem to be suffering, lots of whales still visible on the servers I've visited lately...
    Define "lots".  Also, do you think those whales would be happy paying $150 a week and still losing all their fights?  Because you will lose in BDO unless you grind thanks to the limit on cash shop sales.
    Except for the EU servers the land is still pretty much all taken and not by thousands of farms but by mansions/treehouses plus lots of cash shop items for sale everyday on the ah.  Whether they lose most/all their fights, no idea as I don't pvp but going by general and jury chat it seems that many do, some seem to consider it an achievement...
  • AeolynAeolyn Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Forgrimm said:
    Aeolyn said:
    Well, if you look at that thread, growing by like 1 page per minute, they better care, or they will soon lose the majority of the people who pay for the game.

I'm quite used to "disagreement with developer" threads, and honestly, I've rarely seen a shitstorm like that. And each time I've seen one, it ended very badly for the development company.
    Really?  AA doesn't really seem to be suffering, lots of whales still visible on the servers I've visited lately...
    When I left AA a few months back, the population on Aranzeb was significantly lower than it was a year and a half before when I first started playing. The number of people streaming the game also dropped to a fraction of what it used to be.
    I didn't say the population wasn't lower, just that it didn't appear to be suffering(ie. whales have bought and are subsidizing their own private game, much like what SoTA will be like)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    As with all change, pluses and minuses to one player niche or another.

If you have tons of silver, but no RL cash you can now obtain cash shop gear.  A plus.

If you have lots of RL cash, but little free time, you can now obtain silver to equalize the imbalance. A plus.

If you were not planning on buying high end gear with silver, preferring to earn it via in game crafting or boss farming then no impact to your game play. Neutral.

If you are in the top 5% of the server in gear score and did it all through in game activities, possibly a negative as whales will now be able to catch up, invalidating your accomplishment. A minus of sorts, but hey you can sell gear to them at inflated prices.

I don't know how it will all turn out.  In EVE players have been able to do similar for years and to my knowledge I've never lost a fight to anyone simply because they outspent me in the PLEX market.

Hopefully it will turn out much the same for most players, with little actual impact on their day to day activities. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Good move. 

Everything they have done since release the haters said would kill the game but the game keeps getting better and better.  :o

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    redonyou said:
    I just thought it would be in the game's best interest
    You mistake "the game's best interest" for your best interest.

Common sight on these boards, no worries.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    mmorpg.com image resizing sucks.  Suffice to say people throughout the game are demonstrating their dislike of this proposed change.

It's probably less than 5000 players total -  a small but vocal minority 

Majority of players will be fine with the change and many will love the option of avoiding the grind and just selling a few things to earn silver 

Yeah, um... I'm just going to say that I believe you are incredibly out of touch with how most players feel about this change.

And you are in touch with majority of players?

Daum/Kakao is not reading forum posts because they know it's the voice of a very small percent of players.

Also how many say they hate it and they threaten to quit and how many will follow through?

Gamers are fickle - they often say one thing and do the exact opposite. 

This is why forums are shit as far as actual majority opinion.

Daum Kakao have internal metrics that show them even with some attrition this change will make them more money longterm.

Kakao/Daum see player spending trends, they are making the right decision.
    Yeah because no company in history has made a bad move after examining metrics, right?

They may not be reading forum posts, but are they looking at the game?  Many guilds have switched their logo to the "No P2W" logo in-game.  Protests are being scheduled.

Once again, I believe you are wrong in your assumption that a small percentage of players are upset about this.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    holdenhamlet said:
    I believe you are wrong...
    You also believe BDO is best game ever made(until now I guess)...your believes do not mean much.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Oo, lol , I never saw this coming, oh wait.
    Gdemami said:
    holdenhamlet said:
    I believe you are wrong...
    You also believe BDO is best game ever made(until now I guess)...your believes do not mean much.
    You should've just stuck with hitting the LOL button- it would've been more eloquent.
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Nothing new here. Move along.

I think some of us predicted it.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • redonyouredonyou Member UncommonPosts: 33
    edited August 2016
    Gdemami said:
    redonyou said:
    I just thought it would be in the game's best interest
    You mistake "the game's best interest" for your best interest.

Common sight on these boards, no worries.
    You mistake your own words for mine. No worries, common trolling on the internets.
  • GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    How about...."Who cares?!?"

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    And I was just wondering what you thought about the situation...
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Recore said:
    Good move. 

Everything they have done since release the haters said would kill the game but the game keeps getting better and better.  :o

Phenomenal sarcasm there, gave you an awesome for it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Im glad Ive never played and never will play this game.
    Your losing out, the game is fun... I doubt this will fly, they  will lose to many players if  it affects  stats..If not, then so what this is common, and they need to make a living, if it does not cause other players to  gain advantage then so what...If it does then  yes it will  piss me off and many others..which I bet will cause them not to do it or stop it..... They give  so much stuff for free ....No other company does, every time they have any tiny issue, we get free stuff, what other company does this..??? No one!!!

So sir you are missing out, I been playing MMO's since they been made and they quit for about 3 years due to all  of the free crap...Black Desert made me come back...They did a great job overall..
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    mmorpg.com image resizing sucks.  Suffice to say people throughout the game are demonstrating their dislike of this proposed change.

It's probably less than 5000 players total -  a small but vocal minority 

Majority of players will be fine with the change and many will love the option of avoiding the grind and just selling a few things to earn silver 

Yeah, um... I'm just going to say that I believe you are incredibly out of touch with how most players feel about this change.

And you are in touch with majority of players?

Daum/Kakao is not reading forum posts because they know it's the voice of a very small percent of players.

Also how many say they hate it and they threaten to quit and how many will follow through?

Gamers are fickle - they often say one thing and do the exact opposite. 

This is why forums are shit as far as actual majority opinion.

Daum Kakao have internal metrics that show them even with some attrition this change will make them more money longterm.

Kakao/Daum see player spending trends, they are making the right decision.
    Yeah because no company in history has made a bad move after examining metrics, right?

They may not be reading forum posts, but are they looking at the game?  Many guilds have switched their logo to the "No P2W" logo in-game.  Protests are being scheduled.

Once again, I believe you are wrong in your assumption that a small percentage of players are upset about this.

Well we have two different opinions and that's fine.

Ultimately Kakao Games and Pearl Abyss have all the cards in their hands as far as how they are going to make money from their business.

Guilds can protest and this cool but after the change will they Black Desert be making more money or less?

I am pretty sure it's gonna be more even after attrition 
    I really don't think they will make more.  Not with the way they are implementing it.  Like I said before, with the limits on sales, not even your average whale is going to be satisfied.  Nobody pays hundreds of money in a video game for gear that is subpar, and it will be subpar unless they grind too, and a LOT of grinding.

Whales don't like grinding- that's the whole point of being a whale- to avoid the grind.  And they also don't like losing.

So who do you have left?  A game catering to trust fund babies?  I don't see that being very profitible long-term.

I'd potentially agree that they might make more money if it was uncapped sales.  But with this half-assed implementation, I don't think so.  I think the game is going to lose tons of players, the reputation will tank beyond repair, and even whales will quit once they realize they can't just pay and win automatically without grinding tons in addition to it.

If they felt like the game was going to fall off a cliff by the end of the month, maybe.  But I don't think that's an accurate prediction and again, this half-assing the p2w wouldn't be the right way to grab cash.
    edited August 2016
    nm
    Thourne said:
    Well they just lost this customer.
    I happily spent 50ish dollars a month on pets, costumes, etc because I enjoyed the game.

Then they added the packs and I was concerned....they are basically a sub on top of the B2P+Cash Store.

Now this...I'm out.

So let me get this straight... DO you think a company can make it on just a box copy of 30 bucks ?? Then keep adding free content?????      I have been in this industry a long time, they won't last 2 mins just on a box copy...This is business.......Elder Scrolls online charges for new content,  20-50 bucks.. every update nearly.... and they have a store to sell stuff.....

This is business..   No game company can stay in business off of 30 bucks .... a person... Yes some may pay more ...But they can't count on that ...They do not have a SUB... That is how old MMO's made it.

Now they don't have one, which I love since I don't have 20 hours a day to play one game, so people love it..No one is forcing you to buy from  a store....   

Please make  a  game, then run it to understand why things are the way they are...Now the Pay to Win part that part I do agree with everyone...They need to keep  out stats where it effects other players to gain advantage ...That I agree..

But anything else is fair game...  I love that I can buy inventory and a lot of it... Otherwise if I was Black Desert  I  would say screw you all, and sell content like Elder Scrolls does, they are doing well that way....

I bet you people  would throw a fit... Then sell stuff on the store....I personally think all of this is ok, as long as they rethink the stat gains from gear.. The rest is ok...

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,350
    While I haven't played the game, I don't see what the big deal is.  Maybe I just misunderstand the situation.  As I understand it, there are items in the item mall that people want for various reasons.  Right now, you can buy them with real-life money, but they can't be traded in-game.  And now they're changing it so that those items can be traded in game.  Is that all?  If that's all it is, then to me, the surprise would be that the items couldn't be traded before.

Or is there more to it than that?  Could someone please explain why you say this is such a horrible thing?
  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    edited August 2016
    Soooo glad I never wasted a minute in this money grab... 

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Mardukk said:
    And I was just wondering what you thought about the situation...
    You were?

Wait...who are you again?

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• redonyouredonyou Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Quizzical said:
    While I haven't played the game, I don't see what the big deal is.  Maybe I just misunderstand the situation.  As I understand it, there are items in the item mall that people want for various reasons.  Right now, you can buy them with real-life money, but they can't be traded in-game.  And now they're changing it so that those items can be traded in game.  Is that all?  If that's all it is, then to me, the surprise would be that the items couldn't be traded before.

Or is there more to it than that?  Could someone please explain why you say this is such a horrible thing?
    That's it in a nutshell. However, you might be underestimating how significant of a change that is.

Gear progression in this game gets to be pretty absurd. It's heavily RNG based, and there's diminishing returns, making it so that the cost associated with obtaining the absolute best gear possible makes it realistically unfeasible at this time. However, this will allow you to just throw $ at the game until you get there, at which point the only people that could compete with you are others who did the very same thing.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    Cecropia said:
    This is one reason I steer clear of F2P mmos; don't want to invest my time in a game where this can happen at any time. 
    BDO is buy to play, not F2P.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Damn this game gets more entertaining by the day. That's all without playing it.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,350
    redonyou said:
    Quizzical said:

That's it in a nutshell. However, you might be underestimating how significant of a change that is.

Gear progression in this game gets to be pretty absurd. It's heavily RNG based, and there's diminishing returns, making it so that the cost associated with obtaining the absolute best gear possible makes it realistically unfeasible at this time. However, this will allow you to just throw $ at the game until you get there, at which point the only people that could compete with you are others who did the very same thing.
    Does this materially affect anything other than the endgame?  MMORPG endgames are generally awful anyway, and adding one more reason for it to be awful really doesn't change anything.  If it wrecks the game somehow when you're level 30 or 40, that's a totally different matter.

It doesn't sound like this should create additional in-game weapons, but only redistribute who has them.  Or does the best gear come exclusively from the item mall to begin with?