Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert gone HARD p2w! (Cash shop Items, available at Market Place next week)

Comments

• ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    I'm beginning to think that many of the people who think this is not a  big deal do not understand the gear advancement systems in BDO.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Cant say we didnt warn yas .. lmfao ...
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited August 2016
    Honestly if they are really going to do this change, they should just go full throttle p2w.  This change doesn't even benefit your average whale.  Because of the limit of 5 sales a week, you can't even just buy your way to top gear- you have to pay $150 a week AND play non-stop if you want to compete.

Even whales won't stick around once they get roflstomped a few times despite paying hundreds, by the even more fearsome no-lifer whales.

P2W with a limit is just bizarre.  You still have to pay a lot, but you don't even win when you do, but you can never win unless you do.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    The game will still have a niche following....just the niche following will be even more....niche.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Albatroes said:
    The game will still have a niche following....just the niche following will be even more....niche.
    I think people who like the game and are upset about the change will still have many of them keep playing. They just may change how they support the game.
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I sympathize with all of you. There is no definite answer. Everywhere I look I see interesting games. If a game falls out of grace with me or us, we can move on to another game.

I sympathize with all of you. There is no definite answer. Everywhere I look I see interesting games. If a game falls out of grace with me or us, we can move on to another game.
    It's true there are lots of good games to play, but damn this one is especially good and unique to me.

I hold out hope they reconsider, or maybe come up with a compromise that is palpable to most people, but I don't find it likely.  I don't even know who exactly this system is supposed to appeal to.  Whales don't p2w to lose and they will lose unless they grind a lot on top of paying.  And regular players are not going to spend $150 a week on a video game.

I can't think of a compromise really.  If they limit sales even further as some are suggesting, whales will be even less inclined to spend, and it will still be viewed as p2w by most regular players.

That's all not to mention the box price and very high price on cash shop items ($30 outfits, $10 pets etc) were sold to us under the pretext that they needed to be expensive to avoid p2w.  It's very hard to justify those prices alongside p2w, hence why me and many others will be doing chargebacks if this change goes through.
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    To all the people I used to play this game with......

I don't even know who exactly this system is supposed to appeal to. 

The system appears to be very appealing to the people at Daum. We as consumers have to decide if that applies to us.

• ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757

The system appears to be very appealing to the people at Daum. We as consumers have to decide if that applies to us.
    Actually it appears to be what Pearl Abyss wants. 
    It actually looks like, in this case, Daum is caught in the middle.
    Thourne said:

Interesting I wonder if Daum has any say in the matter.

Thourne said:

I've given them the benefit of the doubt since I made the decision to start playing, but after this comment of theirs that the whole thing is to just allow people that don't spend money in the shop access to shop items, I'm done.
  • nightbloomnightbloom Silkroad Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 31
    • Twitter:  If you have it, tag posts with #P2WBDO or something like that and complain, publicly and loudly.
    • Facebook:  Tag Black Desert Online and complain, a lot.
    • YouTube:  If you have that talent, create videos and make sure you tag that game so that people will find them when they search for videos about Black Desert.
    • Email Pear Abyss:  [email protected]  and let them know how you feel.  There is a lot of difficulty in digging up contacts for this game so if you have more, post them.
    • Write reviews:  I have a review account with MMORPG.com and I will be writing a review right away.  It often takes some time for this to be reviewed and published, so get on this. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_game_review_websites  If writing isnt your skill, comment on articles about Black Desert on these sites.
    • Reddit:  There are a lot of subreddits for gaming.  /r/Gaming etc.  Go write stuff about this development and why it is bad.
    • Change your guild tag to the image from Jordine (those guys are my heroes) http://origin.webcdn.theblackdesertonline.net/forum/service_live/monthly_08_2016/p2w.png.0c08924480311fa0457c11c4b4314721.png.38321368042d6027360328804c045da5.png
    • Complain, a lot.  Make your voice heard in every single way you can think of.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited August 2016
    ...or you can grow up a bit.

People buy stuff they like, that is how the world works and games are no exception.

Nothing wrong there.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Thourne said:

I wouldn't be surprised if their contract had stipulations where if certain goals aren't met, PA reserves the right to step in and make decisions.
    edited August 2016
    Gdemami said:
    ...or you can grow up a bit.

People buy stuff they like, that is how the world works and games are no exception.

Nothing wrong there.
    "People will buy stuff they like", wow that's a profound and insightful statement from a habitual LOL-button presser.  Thanks for that.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited August 2016
    holdenhamlet said:
    "People will buy stuff they like", wow that's a profound and insightful statement from a habitual LOL-button presser.  Thanks for that.
    Despite(or because of?) your comment making no sense whatsoever, you earned the "LOL", mission accomplished...?
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Thourne said:

I've given them the benefit of the doubt since I made the decision to start playing, but after this comment of theirs that the whole thing is to just allow people that don't spend money in the shop access to shop items, I'm done.
    Funny, the $30.00 skins were one of the big things keeping me away. Knowing I can earn them in game with game coin. I maybe trying this game soon. 
    Nanfoodle said:
    Thourne said:

Funny, the $30.00 skins were one of the big things keeping me away. Knowing I can earn them in game with game coin. I maybe trying this game soon. 
    Sure you'll be able to.  If you want to forfeit any and all progress on your gear during a week of grinding to get one outfit.

Those outfits will not be cheap.  They go for 70 million silver in Korea.
  • beebop500beebop500 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    I'm glad that my CB experience, and the 7-day pass I got from a friend, showed me that the texture pop-in in this game is so abhorrent that it gave me a headache. 

"Technical marvel", my ass.  "Pushing the boundaries of PC graphics", my ass x2.  When an expensive gaming rig produces foliage and features morphing 5 meters from my character, methinks the game needs some serious work before it launches.  Ooops, guess it's too late for that.
    "We are all as God made us, and many of us much worse." - Don Quixote
  • AeolynAeolyn Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Dragnelus said:
    Phry said:
    Feels like a massive kick in the teeth tbh :(

'J Geils Band - Centerfold' moment.
    I guess it really is all downhill from here  >:)
    Aye.
    Thankfully, WoW:Legion comes soon, and the invasions start next week along with Demon Hunter.
    And Blizzard never ever disappointed me that way. And they will never.

This said, there's a massive uprising on the BDO forums in the thread about that. Be sure to post your disagreement. It's NOT live yet. Maybe seeing it's not an uprising, but rather a major riot, they will change their mind?
    I've got the feeling Daum EU cares but kakoa in kr is like show me the money and dont care about how we feel and their way is absolute.
    Well, if you look at that thread, growing by like 1 page per minute, they better care, or they will soon lose the majority of the people who pay for the game.

I'm quite used to "disagreement with developer" threads, and honestly, I've rarely seen a shitstorm like that. And each time I've seen one, it ended very badly for the development company.
    Really?  AA doesn't really seem to be suffering, lots of whales still visible on the servers I've visited lately...
    Aeolyn said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Phry said:
    Feels like a massive kick in the teeth tbh :(

'J Geils Band - Centerfold' moment.
    I guess it really is all downhill from here  >:)
    Aye.
    Thankfully, WoW:Legion comes soon, and the invasions start next week along with Demon Hunter.
    And Blizzard never ever disappointed me that way. And they will never.

This said, there's a massive uprising on the BDO forums in the thread about that. Be sure to post your disagreement. It's NOT live yet. Maybe seeing it's not an uprising, but rather a major riot, they will change their mind?
    I've got the feeling Daum EU cares but kakoa in kr is like show me the money and dont care about how we feel and their way is absolute.
    Well, if you look at that thread, growing by like 1 page per minute, they better care, or they will soon lose the majority of the people who pay for the game.

I'm quite used to "disagreement with developer" threads, and honestly, I've rarely seen a shitstorm like that. And each time I've seen one, it ended very badly for the development company.
    Really?  AA doesn't really seem to be suffering, lots of whales still visible on the servers I've visited lately...
    Define "lots".  Also, do you think those whales would be happy paying $150 a week and still losing all their fights?  Because you will lose in BDO unless you grind thanks to the limit on cash shop sales.
  • redonyouredonyou Member UncommonPosts: 33
    I'm pretty disappointed by this tbh. I always knew this game going full on p2w was a possibility, I just thought it would be in the game's best interest long-term no to do so, and hoped that the developer agreed. They certainly made enough announcements to communicate that they're aware of how strongly people feel about the issue, but apparently still felt this was the best way for them to make their money.

Whatever. Count me as one of the people who actually logged off the game today rather than leaving it running for afk activities. I know that might sound like a silly statement to anyone who doesn't play the game.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Aeolyn said:

When I left AA a few months back, the population on Aranzeb was significantly lower than it was a year and a half before when I first started playing. The number of people streaming the game also dropped to a fraction of what it used to be.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Oh, who could have foreseen this? P2W is as P2W does. Viva la Sub-Model! 

Joined - July 2004