Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert gone HARD p2w! (Cash shop Items, available at Market Place next week)

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    GladDog said:
    God damn it.
    That's cuz you just dropped $29 on an outfit, right?

Actually I don't see the P2W aspect at all.  I have to rethink things now, I may actually be tempted to try this one now that costumes don't cost two months premium for premium games.
    I'll be getting that 29 back and the rest of the 100 I spent on the game if the change goes through using a chargeback.

No, I'm upset because the game is amazing and they are planning on killing it...
    Huge in game demonstration going on Croxus-velia c1 in Heidel right now.. seems to be happening in other regions too..
    maybe there can be hope.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,776
    So I defended the game while it was not P2W. Now that the company totally changed their stance, I no longer defend it.
    Someone, call the police. This can't be tolerated, intelligent human beings changing their mind when the situation drastically changes.

Don't choke on that popcorn. Karma is a bitch, and same could happen to the next game you enjoy.
    I have to agree here. Players did not implement the change. The publisher did.
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,153
    lol..I saw this one coming.

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,588
    edited August 2016
    So I defended the game while it was not P2W. Now that the company totally changed their stance, I no longer defend it.
    Someone, call the police. This can't be tolerated, intelligent human beings changing their mind when the situation drastically changes.

Don't choke on that popcorn. Karma is a bitch, and same could happen to the next game you enjoy.
    Karma is natural. Imagine a game that was free and no money was required to play. In order for that to happen the world would be absent of money. I wonder if we would be playing games if there was no accomplishments.

After pondering this statement I had another thought. There are no accomplishments and its all just an illusion. :)

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,756
    edited August 2016
    mmorpg.com image resizing sucks.  Suffice to say people throughout the game are demonstrating their dislike of this proposed change.
  • n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496

I have to agree here. Players did not implement the change. The publisher did.
    Yes but smart players are capable of looking for patterns that are common in p2w games.

Looking for patterns in the data is a common way to solve a problem.
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member UncommonPosts: 656
    this is nothing new, look at swtor ALL ITEMS FROM CARTEL MARKET ARE TRADE-ABLE! so it is not as bad as people think, then again people complain about everything because they do not want others who can not afford to pay 30 bucks to have anything. 

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    jircris said:
    this is nothing new, look at swtor ALL ITEMS FROM CARTEL MARKET ARE TRADE-ABLE! so it is not as bad as people think, then again people complain about everything because they do not want others who can not afford to pay 30 bucks to have anything. 
    The two games are completely different.
    The enchantment system in BDO alone allows a much more radical advantage by way of silver available.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,776
    When I make my cynical predictions, I do it because I am cynical and am simply stating things as I see them. When I had posted negative things about this game in the past. It wasn't because I wanted to see BDO fail. It's just how I viewed the state of the game.

I am never upset to be proven wrong when a game actually does well when I thought it wouldn't. I was wrong about GW2. I was on the fence with BDO in terms of admitting my 1st impressions were wrong and that the game. As I said above, I recognized this game had more of a following than many of the other Asian ports.

And now I am actually finding myself saddened by this announcement even though it justifies my early comments about "give it a few months, it will be totally P2W"

I would be happier to admit I was wrong as that would mean there would have been at least one more decent game on the market.
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,554
    mmorpg.com image resizing sucks.  Suffice to say people throughout the game are demonstrating their dislike of this proposed change.

It's probably less than 5000 players total -  a small but vocal minority 

Majority of players will be fine with the change and many will love the option of avoiding the grind and just selling a few things to earn silver 

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    When I make my cynical predictions, I do it because I am cynical and am simply stating things as I see them. When I had posted negative things about this game in the past. It wasn't because I wanted to see BDO fail. It's just how I viewed the state of the game.

I am never upset to be proven wrong when a game actually does well when I thought it wouldn't. I was wrong about GW2. I was on the fence with BDO in terms of admitting my 1st impressions were wrong and that the game. As I said above, I recognized this game had more of a following than many of the other Asian ports.

And now I am actually finding myself saddened by this announcement even though it justifies my early comments about "give it a few months, it will be totally P2W"

I would be happier to admit I was wrong as that would mean there would have been at least one more decent game on the market.
    Dude I wanted BDO to succeed. I loved the concept,  top-notch graphics, combat .. almost everything but when they stared to put *controversial* items in the shop I knew no dev lip service would change the fact that they are going onto the path of a p2w game.

People defended the items with .. oh it is JUST that ... just 10%... just small bonus. Well the same people now "just" have a p2w game.

DMKano said:

It's probably less than 5000 players total -  a small but vocal minority 

Majority of players will be fine with the change and many will love the option of avoiding the grind and just selling a few things to earn silver 

Yeah, um... I'm just going to say that I believe you are incredibly out of touch with how most players feel about this change.
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    scorpex-x said:
    azurrei said:
    I'm confused on how this constitutes pay to win? Do costumes play a role in PvP? Do they give stat boosts? Do the provide an unfair advantage against other players?

They said "Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets ", which seems mostly cosmetic to me, in which case, welcome to free to play and buy to play MMOs!

If Value Packages provide some gear with BiS stats, THEN there's something to complain about. If not, then common, we're been over this forums. Stop it.
    BiS slot gear can all be purchased via the marketplace or night vendor...hence $$$>silver>BiS gear - get it?
    Almost every game has this though.

I can't think of many MMO's where you can buy your way to BiS gear. 
    You know that almost every mmo has mercs, and most mmo games have cash shops right?  Even XIV lets you sell cash shop items.
    I'm beginning to think that many of the people who think this is not a  big deal do not understand the gear advancement systems in BDO.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,884
    Cant say we didnt warn yas .. lmfao ...
    edited August 2016
    Honestly if they are really going to do this change, they should just go full throttle p2w.  This change doesn't even benefit your average whale.  Because of the limit of 5 sales a week, you can't even just buy your way to top gear- you have to pay $150 a week AND play non-stop if you want to compete.

Even whales won't stick around once they get roflstomped a few times despite paying hundreds, by the even more fearsome no-lifer whales.

P2W with a limit is just bizarre.  You still have to pay a lot, but you don't even win when you do, but you can never win unless you do.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,616
    The game will still have a niche following....just the niche following will be even more....niche.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member EpicPosts: 7,772
    Albatroes said:
    The game will still have a niche following....just the niche following will be even more....niche.
    I think people who like the game and are upset about the change will still have many of them keep playing. They just may change how they support the game.

I sympathize with all of you. There is no definite answer. Everywhere I look I see interesting games. If a game falls out of grace with me or us, we can move on to another game.

I sympathize with all of you. There is no definite answer. Everywhere I look I see interesting games. If a game falls out of grace with me or us, we can move on to another game.
    It's true there are lots of good games to play, but damn this one is especially good and unique to me.

I hold out hope they reconsider, or maybe come up with a compromise that is palpable to most people, but I don't find it likely.  I don't even know who exactly this system is supposed to appeal to.  Whales don't p2w to lose and they will lose unless they grind a lot on top of paying.  And regular players are not going to spend $150 a week on a video game.

I can't think of a compromise really.  If they limit sales even further as some are suggesting, whales will be even less inclined to spend, and it will still be viewed as p2w by most regular players.

That's all not to mention the box price and very high price on cash shop items ($30 outfits, $10 pets etc) were sold to us under the pretext that they needed to be expensive to avoid p2w.  It's very hard to justify those prices alongside p2w, hence why me and many others will be doing chargebacks if this change goes through.
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    To all the people I used to play this game with......

I don't even know who exactly this system is supposed to appeal to. 

The system appears to be very appealing to the people at Daum. We as consumers have to decide if that applies to us.

The system appears to be very appealing to the people at Daum. We as consumers have to decide if that applies to us.
    Actually it appears to be what Pearl Abyss wants. 
    It actually looks like, in this case, Daum is caught in the middle.
    Thourne said:

Interesting I wonder if Daum has any say in the matter.

Thourne said:

Interesting I wonder if Daum has any say in the matter.
    I've given them the benefit of the doubt since I made the decision to start playing, but after this comment of theirs that the whole thing is to just allow people that don't spend money in the shop access to shop items, I'm done.