Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert gone HARD p2w! (Cash shop Items, available at Market Place next week)

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Phry said:
    Feels like a massive kick in the teeth tbh :(

'J Geils Band - Centerfold' moment.
    I guess it really is all downhill from here  >:)
    Aye.
    Thankfully, WoW:Legion comes soon, and the invasions start next week along with Demon Hunter. Blizzard never ever disappointed me that way. And they never will.

This said, there's a massive uprising on the BDO forums in the thread about that. Be sure to post your disagreement. It's NOT live yet. Maybe seeing it's not an uprising, but rather a major riot, they will change their mind?
    I'll give it a try, the thing that concerns me is that its just one small step away from allowing direct trading between players, and once that happens, the game is effectively finished and becomes a gold farmers paradise.
    BDO has so much promise, for it to end this way would be an utter travesty. :3
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    edited August 2016
    kitarad said:
    Oh I understand it now . Never saw it until you guys explained but what BiS gear is available in the market right now do they sell the fully +15 and beyond in the marketplace?
    No, they don't, but what people will do is sell a costume in the marketplace and use that money to buy gear.

Up until this point there was no realistic way to convert dollars to silver.

I read in Korea that costumes go for 70 million in the marketplace.  That's at least two +15 pieces for $30.

If people sell 5 of them a week, that's an extra 350 million they have out of thin air every week.  And to whales, 5x$30 is nothing.

Good luck to anyone still playing trying to compete against people that have an extra 1.3 billion silver a month on top of whatever they earn in game.
    Post edited by holdenhamlet on
  • p4ttythep3rf3ctp4ttythep3rf3ct Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Did CU just win?

That's just, like, my opinion, man.

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    i think its just better to be able to buy silver/gold ingame and be done with it
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Archeage!
    kitarad said:
    Oh I understand it now . Never saw it until you guys explained but what BiS gear is available in the market right now do they sell the fully +15 and beyond in the marketplace?
    No, they don't, but what people will do is sell a costume in the marketplace and use that money to buy gear.

Up until this point there was no realistic way to convert dollars to silver.

I read in Korea that costumes go for 70 million in the marketplace.  That's at least two +15 pieces for $30.

If people sell 5 of them a week, that's an extra 350 million they have out of thin air every week.  And to whales, 5x$30 is nothing.

Good luck to anyone still playing against people that have an extra 1.3 billion silver a month on top of whatever they earn in game.
    I recently upgraded a yuria weapon from +15 to PRI, it doubled the value practically, from 30m to 50m silver, the TET weapons literally go for over 400m silver, but they give a huge advantage, for people just to buy them, will be 'buying the win' its just so wrong
    The fall out from this could well be the equivalent of what happened with SWG's NGE.
    Daum bought a huge amount of popularity through keeping the P2W factors out of the game, along with the RMT'ers, perhaps we were wrong to expect them to keep that ethic.
    Honestly i thought they were making enough profit already from the cash shop, particularly when you factor in the 'monthly' item you could buy that gives QoL benefits, which was effectively a 'subscription' option.
    This however just smacks of being a short term'ist cash grab mentality, and to hell with the long term prospect for the game.
    The failness is way beyond epic at this point. I just wish this wasn't happening in a game i was so heavily involved with.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    This sure as hell isn't gonna make them money.  The majority of their playerbase is going to quit.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    DMKano said:
    This is completely expected as KR allows this and players selling cash shop items is the #1 source of revenue. 

Kakao got their box sales, they got their cash shop revenue and then subscription but they just need more income to keep the game running in the west.

This will bring in more money than subs and all cash shop sales combined so far.

Smart move for Kakao and PA.

Also great news for us that have a ton of silver and can buy items without spending money. 
    Yeah, i'm kind of confused here.  I don't understand why people would be against this.  It's just another alternative method of acquiring items.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    I've had discussions with my guild at launch that this would happen within half a year. Not everyone is willing to pay €30 for a costume and that 5% of the players that are whales are willing but didn't because they could not sell them in-game. Looks like the first start into real P2W has been made and P2W cash shop items as they appear in KR/RU will follow soon...
    Mardukk said:
    This sure as hell isn't gonna make them money.  The majority of their playerbase is going to quit.
    They are also going to lose a lot of money.  Many people will be doing chargebacks.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Mardukk said:
    They are also going to lose a lot of money.  Many people will be doing chargebacks.
    All they would need to do is go F2P.  Their playerbase would triple overnight.  It won't necessarily mean more profits, but it's still an alternative option for them.
    Mardukk said:
    I can't speak for others, but if this goes ahead, i'd be another one of those leaving.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    observer said:
    Mardukk said:
    All they would need to do is go F2P.  Their playerbase would triple overnight.  It won't necessarily mean more profits, but it's still an alternative option for them.
    This system being put in place makes it seem like they are getting ready to go F2P by next year at the very least.
  • BloodDiimondBloodDiimond Member UncommonPosts: 26

I don't think it'll be any more P2W then it has been because there have been gold bots since day one. The only thing that is changing is who is getting the money. Why hate on the company for wanting some of the money instead of letting gold bots take it all? All games that involve currency have gold bots and thus every game with currency is P2W. At least now everyone can look cool instead of those generically awful gear looks :)

edited August 2016
    observer said:
    Mardukk said:
    Yeah, another f2p p2w MMO full of goldsellers and spam where you cannot compete unless you spend hundreds a month.  I didn't sign up for that and neither did most people.

In fact I left BnS specifically to avoid that.

This super sucks, dude.  I had a fun morning grinding with my guild, going to pirates for the first time.  I was all set for an afternoon session of grinding and whatever happened- now there's little point to it.

I have a shred of hope that PA will read the official forums and the community response and figure out that this is a really bad idea, but that's about it.

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    One day, one day gamers will get a clue and stop feeding money to the machines that pump out crap. Only then will we ever see games developed by competent people, trustworthy people, people that actually love the games and not just the money.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Edit: Items can be sold on AH, just found out. People have a right to be upset about this after the company said they would never go P2W. This pretty much screams disadvantages to normal, non-microtransaction players. 
    But, if non-microtransaction players can buy from the AH the same items that microtransaction players buy for real money.... why is that P2W? everyone is getting access to the same items. Now if the items being bought with real money have a power advantage then yes, that is a problem even if other people can buy it from them with in game money because it will be priced stupidly high so they can't get it.

• WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Just another game that doesn't know what it wants both High-Fantasy wise and purpose, its a dressed up corpse.
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Does this really surprise anyone? 

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• BalticthunderBalticthunder Member UncommonPosts: 58
    edited August 2016
    So basically you will get Russian FTP version, only you still must buy the game lol! Seems that everything Russians have, sooner or later you will have also, like their new cash shop RNG boxes with boss loot and all that kind of endgame best items.
  • JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Im not playing the game atm and dont know how economy works, but im playing a game with a similar system and this is not the worse part, the worse will come later in a disguised form (im only predicting, hope i will be wrong):

- This system to give them money, they need people selling the CC items and people buying them, so epected for now on changes in some patchs that interfear with player economy. Im not a expert, but it will be something like create more silver needs for players like: decrease easy ways to make silvers, increase the silver needs putting a fee in every action, control the marketplace, etc.

Im play Archeage for 2 years allready, i had to adapt myself to a system i wasnt use to (allways prefer P2P without cs, but that time is gone), and im still a happy gamer there, because i dont dream to be on top and competitive in 1v1 and really i dont mind at all the player next to me spend 10k of euros and have 3k gear score above me.
    The only thing that really bothers me, and i keep igoring because i really like to play the game in a overall picture, is the way the game is setup and getting worse on every patch / events is creating gold needs because without this in-game players dont spend real money, and that interfear my gameplay experience in a direct way.

Im sure, those who really like to play BDO will continue to play and just adapt themselfs to this "new" reality, just pay attention to the next patchs, events and dont follow in traps created only to player spend all the silvers they have increasing this way the chances to invest real money to keep going. I allways pay attention to that in AA and im just fine for now =)

IMPORTANT NOTE: Im just predicting things about a game i dont know, its all from a management prespective.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    kitarad said:
    So I can buy costumes with in game currency sounds great. I am happy.
    Same here. As I've said before on another thread, it's not like there aren't a bunch of people that out gear me big time already. So in that regard it won't make a difference to me.  And on the plus side, I can finally get those things I absolutely refused to spend money on (hello ghillie suit, and likely the fish suit too when the aquatic expansion hits).

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    I hate to be a cynic, but this has bait-and-switch written all over it. Launch B2P to get more revenue from box sales with the intention to aggressively monetize the game later. I knew they'd end up going P2W, but it is disappointing. 
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Mardukk said:
    Hey it's only five a week...lol.

Kinda a convoluted pay to win.  Although I don't think money is really that tough to come by in the game and I don't see many +15 items on the market.
    Pretty much. And the only +15's you have a reasonable chance of seeing aren't BiS items. Goodluck buying a +15 Kzarka off the MP, or a TET just about anything. xD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

i think its just better to be able to buy silver/gold ingame and be done with it
    Are you happy that the game is going to be a ghost-town where you can't compete unless you grind constantly AND pay $150 a week?

All you care about is getting a "free" outfit?