Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert gone HARD p2w! (Cash shop Items, available at Market Place next week)

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
edited August 2016 in Black Desert Online
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/106513-in-game-accessibility-to-pearl-shop-items/&page=1

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance.  After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets will be made available via the Market Place.  We, the Kakao Team, understand the impact of such a change and wish to provide as much information as possible, therefore we are explaining this change in advance to grant clarity.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.  Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.  Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers, including Pearl Shop Items.  Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content.  They are open to the community’s feedback and ask you to share your thoughts and concerns about this change.

We have communicated your feedback about such changes and your concern for players potentially being able to invest real money in order to gain an advantage, and in response Pearl Abyss has built limitation mechanics into the game.  Players will be limited to selling five items from the Pearl Shop on the Market Place per week.  This compromise will still provide in game accessibility but restrict how much can be gained via real money investment.

As we have stressed in the past, your feedback is paramount to us, and that is still true.  We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.  However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner.  We will continue to communicate on your behalf, and thank you in advance for your efforts.

-The Kakao Team

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    So I can buy costumes with in game currency sounds great. I am happy.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    God damn it.
  • halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 532
    edited August 2016
    I'm confused on how this constitutes pay to win? Do costumes play a role in PvP? Do they give stat boosts? Do the provide an unfair advantage against other players?

They said "Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets ", which seems mostly cosmetic to me, in which case, welcome to free to play and buy to play MMOs!

If Value Packages provide some gear with BiS stats, THEN there's something to complain about. If not, then common, we're been over this forums. Stop it.

Edit: Items can be sold on AH, just found out. People have a right to be upset about this after the company said they would never go P2W. This pretty much screams disadvantages to normal, non-microtransaction players. 
  • azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    I'm confused on how this constitutes pay to win? Do costumes play a role in PvP? Do they give stat boosts? Do the provide an unfair advantage against other players?

They said "Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets ", which seems mostly cosmetic to me, in which case, welcome to free to play and buy to play MMOs!

If Value Packages provide some gear with BiS stats, THEN there's something to complain about. If not, then common, we're been over this forums. Stop it.
    BiS slot gear can all be purchased via the marketplace or night vendor...hence $$$>silver>BiS gear - get it?
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

• RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Not a smart move at all.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    God damn it.
    My thoughts exactly unfortunately, it unfortunately means that people will be buying pearl shop items just to gain silver/gold in the game, not a good direction O.o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    Im glad Ive never played and never will play this game.
  • halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 532
    edited August 2016
    azurrei said:

BiS slot gear can all be purchased via the marketplace or night vendor...hence $$$>silver>BiS gear - get it?
    I see, this can be sold at market. That makes more sense. Thanks for explaining it, [mod edit]
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Sounds like a reasonable change.  This will give people incentive to keep playing.  When you limit just about every item to real money, there's going to be less incentive to keep playing.  Now people can grind their hearts out and start obtaining items that they never could have before.  They just need to get inflation under control now.  There's no reason why stuff should cost in the millions.
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    This is one reason I steer clear of F2P mmos; don't want to invest my time in a game where this can happen at any time. 

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    They do this in Aion and Tera. Just an fyi.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited August 2016
    Does this really surprise anyone? 
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Feels like a massive kick in the teeth tbh :(

'J Geils Band - Centerfold' moment.
    I guess it really is all downhill from here  >:)
  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    Well they just lost this customer.
    I happily spent 50ish dollars a month on pets, costumes, etc because I enjoyed the game.

Then they added the packs and I was concerned....they are basically a sub on top of the B2P+Cash Store.

Now this...I'm out.

• p89989p89989 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Cecropia said:
    This is one reason I steer clear of F2P mmos; don't want to invest my time in a game where this can happen at any time. 
    it's not a F2P game in NA and EU though, it's Buy 2 play
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    Oh I understand it now . Never saw it until you guys explained but what BiS gear is available in the market right now do they sell the fully +15 and beyond in the marketplace?

• RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Cecropia said:
    It can happen in any game, including sub ones. And btw, BDO is not f2p. 
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I don't know, I didn't mind this in Tera. I bought all of the costumes and mounts I wanted from the cash shop with in game money instead of having to pay stupid amounts for them while the players who were willing to pay money to get a bit of gold would give the company money. If it's still possible for me to earn the gear, then I guess I really don't care that people can pay for the gold to get their gear, that's their waste of money and time, I like to play my games to get better gear, not pay for it. 
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Hey it's only five a week...lol.

Kinda a convoluted pay to win.  Although I don't think money is really that tough to come by in the game and I don't see many +15 items on the market.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    p89989 said:
    Cecropia said:
    it's not a F2P game in NA and EU though, it's Buy 2 play
    That doesn't make it any better. Actually makes it worse.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Phry said:
    Feels like a massive kick in the teeth tbh :(

'J Geils Band - Centerfold' moment.
    I guess it really is all downhill from here  >:)
    Aye.
    Thankfully, WoW:Legion comes soon, and the invasions start next week along with Demon Hunter.
    And Blizzard never ever disappointed me that way. And they will never.

This said, there's a massive uprising on the BDO forums in the thread about that. Be sure to post your disagreement. It's NOT live yet. Maybe seeing it's not an uprising, but rather a major riot, they will change their mind?
    I've got the feeling Daum EU cares but kakoa in kr is like show me the money and dont care about how we feel and their way is absolute.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• p89989p89989 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    edited August 2016
    i wouldn't be surprised if they went free 2 play in a few months after this