Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's with the AdBlock Notice?

15678911»

Comments

• MadocDesMadocDes Member CommonPosts: 3
    pinktailz said:
    Lol it is most lame and obnoxious anti adblocker message I ever seen on internet :D Whoever genius thought it is a great idea to ask users to support site by annoy shit of them lmao xD

Anyways this is the last time I came here, it is already full of league of slutlends garbage everywhere, and now this :D Good luck with your business model counting users as adverts sheeps it is disgusting
    ScriptBlock for Chrome and Adblock pro do a good job of nixxing the nag itself as well. Now you can have no ads AND no nags about no ads!
  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,881

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,781
    filmoret said:
    waynejr2 said:
    filmoret said:
    So here's what I did.
    While running Ad-block in Chrome, I clicked on the ad-block Icon in my upper corner of the browser. Select "Show All Requests" Then right click on MMORPG.com and select Inspect. Click on the AdBlock Tab and then refresh the page.

On this site right now on the home page, I am seeing some red flags. OK, the one all the way at the bottom is from "Securepubads"
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=securepubads

ADBLOCK STAYS!

I dont have adblock and visit this site maybe 20+ times a day.  If what you are saying is true then how is my computer even working?
    Why do you expect me to answer that?
    LOL! Can't argue with her logic.  Literally, you can't argue with that.  If she scooped a bucket into the ocean and found zero fish, I guess she would say the ocean doesn't have any fish.........haha.
    I literally showed something that concerned me that was on this site....right now....today......Is it OK? Maybe? Is it malware? Maybe....who knows?

But just because someone decides to swim in piranha infested water and say "Why am I not getting eaten?", doesn't mean I'm sticking my big toe in.

Really bad analogy.  Anyways I just went to that dangerous website that everyone was talking about and man yes it has a bunch of malware and crap all over it.  ALT-f4 fixed the problem immediately.  Maybe I'm safer because default windows makes you authorize anything that installs first.  It also makes me authorize any downloads and any changes to my browser or hard drive.  Maybe you guys need to use windows like a normal person because they have protected me for 20 years now.  

But yea as far as your analogy is concerned.  You are saying the malware is all over the place.  I have over 10k hours internet use and yes there's some dangerous stuff out there.  But that is why we have what is called trusted sites.  I didn't pull a bucket out of the ocean.  I have been swimming through the entire thing.
    What are you trying to prove? You want to allow it and tell me it's fine, and therefore so should I?
    As if millions who use AdBlock are wrong because you can surf the web just fine?
  • defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 449
    edited August 2016
    i use AdBlock Plus from its birth and i'll never stop using it. If you block me watching your site or become so pushing with that ''welcome screen'' that you add today, then i'll leave you. Simple as that. You arent the 1st one that i'll do it.

Imagine your site as a store showcase that you show to pedestrians what you selling. Forcing them to watch it before entering to your store will make them never enter again to your store.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    i use AdBlock Plus from its birth and i'll never stop using it. If you block me watching your site or become so pushing with that ''welcome screen'' that you add today, then i'll leave you. Simple as that. You arent the 1st one that i'll do it.

Imagine your site as a store showcase that you show to pedestrians what you selling. Forcing them to watch it before entering to your store will make them never enter again to your store.
    You might want to read up more on AdBlock.  They have their own whitelist and allow certain advertisers through their program.  That's how they get paid too.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member EpicPosts: 7,794

Imagine your someone who always stands in a store, taking up room and never buying anything from that business. Thats kinda what you are.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,912
    observer said:

You might want to read up more on AdBlock.  They have their own whitelist and allow certain advertisers through their program.  That's how they get paid too.
    Of course, nobody REALLY works for free, they just pretend to ! :D
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,488
    OK guys, we've heard you on this issue and we've removed the adblock popup. Closing this up.

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @eMikeB

This discussion has been closed.