Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why did the best mmorpg never....

2»

Comments

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    heerobya said:

WoW focuses on the things it's players like to do. They've added tons of new features over the years. 
    Twitter integration and Farmville.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 12,861
    Muke said:
    heerobya said:

WoW focuses on the things it's players like to do. They've added tons of new features over the years. 
    Twitter integration and Farmville.
    You know when they bought Candy Crush I thought for sure they would add it to WOW. lol

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,635
    edited July 2016
    I would love it if Sylvannas becomes warchief she rebuild and reinforce the ruins of Lordaeron above Undercity and it becomes the new Main City hub for the duration of her leadership. Same for whoever becomes warchief(H) and King/Queen(A) and their respective race.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member RarePosts: 3,113
    filmoret said:
    My biggest problem with WOW is the things they never put in the game.  

1.  First thing and probably the most widely accepted is player housing.  
    2.  The second thing is the vast ocean they are doing nothing with.  They could have easily turned it into something akin to Archeage with ships, sailing, fishing, ect ect...  
    3.  The next thing is WVW.  They could have made a nice map just like GW2 and ESO did but they just never did.  
    4.  Then the world events all over the world like GW2, DCUO, Rift we never saw this either.

I could never figure out why they never did these things.  Or maybe they did and I missed it.
    1- player housing , hmmm not many ppl interested
    2- yup
    3- Ashran , Wintergrasp , whateve was called in Cata (it sucked too)
    4- Legion brings world quests , that are kinda " fates in FFXIV , rifts in rift ect"

wow can do whatever they want , but they are in lazy mode since wotlk

• Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Warlyx said:
    filmoret said:
    My biggest problem with WOW is the things they never put in the game.  

1.  First thing and probably the most widely accepted is player housing.  
    2.  The second thing is the vast ocean they are doing nothing with.  They could have easily turned it into something akin to Archeage with ships, sailing, fishing, ect ect...  
    3.  The next thing is WVW.  They could have made a nice map just like GW2 and ESO did but they just never did.  
    4.  Then the world events all over the world like GW2, DCUO, Rift we never saw this either.

I could never figure out why they never did these things.  Or maybe they did and I missed it.
    1- player housing , hmmm not many ppl interested
    2- yup
    3- Ashran , Wintergrasp , whateve was called in Cata (it sucked too)
    4- Legion brings world quests , that are kinda " fates in FFXIV , rifts in rift ect"

wow can do whatever they want , but they are in lazy mode since wotlk

1- You can't speak for others.  I am interested.
    2- Agreed, could have used the ocean.
    3 - Those maps died a death when out-leveled (Ashran soon no doubt). A good WvW zone where everyone becomes the same level, would help.
    4- We'll see.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,021
    edited August 2016
    I'm not sure who Blizzard was post-Cata but they weren't an mmorpg developer. We seem to see glimmers of them returning to mmorpg concepts. Sadly this trend will only occur if other mmorpg developers gain significant success with features they design ... so Blizzard can copy it once again and polish it into shiny little poo balls to make it their own.

They copied features from other genres that destroyed the concept of Wow when it was launched. Since then many of those features have failed. The success of what is produced moving forward will be based upon whether they are finally making an mmorpg again or just copying market trends.

If we start seeing augmented reality Wow apps integrated into Wow soon ... pack up your shit and uninstall Wow forever because Blizzard has finally lost their shit entirely. If Legion launches and we actually see horizontal growth to the mmo world ... there may be a single f'ing hope for this developer and players will feel like they live within an mmorpg once again that actually grows in scope instead of expansions copying the most recent pop culture craze even if genre bending.

This debate is endless and can only be judged in hindsight but seeing how 12 years will be passing soon since launch, we can all agree the game is significantly different in concept than when it launched. There is not many instances in Wow's current history where the game scope was expanded. If they can build a Wow version where the game becomes larger with each content push instead of adding more tiers on top that destroy what came before, I will consider them an actual mmorpg developer once again.

You stay sassy!