Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

warlock changes and chambers

HothloveHothlove Member UncommonPosts: 126
Im leveling a warlock now and just got my first chamber in hexing. I try to load some spells in to the chambers but you can't do that anymore now??

When I use the chamber lol I only regain some power. Basicaly the chambers can't hold any spells eh?

Then what about the twin casting of spells? It is gona but weird though that on their own page it says under warlock description you can twin cast spells.

What is this broken mess of a class? Without the twincast the spells are very gimp coz they cast alot slower than other casters.

I know warlock was an I-win class but now they are completely not very unique in any way and all the fun stuff are gone. They are more like a runemaster without the run speed or a mentalist without the pet lol.

Comments

• JermzyJermzy Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Copied from the Postcount boards for ya.

Curse is very nice, the only problem is Mid groups just work better for tanks and their casters do not synergize as well as the other realms.

The primers got changed to just being effectively a buff that allows the secondary spells to be cast using their effect. Usual spec for curse varies but usually around 46 curse for the 199 DD, top pbae, misses you the top spec bolt but lets you get enough hex for the 1st matter debuff. You get some left-overs in witch but not really enough for anything other than a ghetto heal, but means you don't really need a CL heal at least.

Chambers are now 2 per spec line, you'll end up with 3 or 4 depending how you spread your sub-specs out, curse ones are a 10% crit chance buff and the Insta-PBAE (which also happens to be completely impossible to resist by anything, even epic mobs). The usual spec will get you the 1st chamber from Hex which is a power-charge. Chambers are on a cooldown so you cannot pop them all at the same time, there's like 8s cooldown to re-use or re-charge after popping one, but it's still something no other caster gets and is insanely useful at times.

Curse spec gives you range primer, decent spec DD, OK bolts (great bolts if you spec for the top one), purple Nearsight, free Wild Power 10% chamber and pbae chamber for spike deeps plus the obligatory PBAE. off spec in Hex gives you 40% power charge chamber, UI primer which makes your secondary spells cost, well, delve says 30% power, but in reality it's a bit less as it depends on PP % in template, you also get an AE root secondary, unbreakable frog snare secondary and a primary LT. They added a primary root to baseline spec so you do have some kiting options for sure. Don't usually spec for much witch but the 1st primer is powerless, basically the higher you spec in Witch the less of a casting speed penalty the primer will give, but even the 1st one is still a nice bonus, you can blow your power on UI in a clutch situation then switch to range or powerless as needed.

TBH if the class was in Hib or Alb everyone would be whining how OP it is, but like i said the Mid casters just don't seem to synergize that well and it can be a hard sell to have the 1 caster in a group as a lock, although IMO a humongous range nearsight spammer is frikkin nuts to have, if you add in a matter debuffer (RM or Hex lock) you have a decent caster core.
    Haroo!
  • HothloveHothlove Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Thanks for taking your time for your great reply. I started getting an error when trying to launch the game - something like wrong client version - like my version was not up to date. Tried delete some things like some people said, it would quickly redownload it but to no avail. Couldn't play the game. I might try and see if I can get an official reply on this bug.