Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there any way to trade in my starter ship for another?

LleithLleith Member UncommonPosts: 126
I wound up with a Miranda class, but would much prefer a Centaur class vessel since it's actually my favorite Star Trek Federation type. Am I stuck with the Miranda, or can I swap out somehow?

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited August 2016
    Locate the Ship Tailor on Earth Spacedock. Make sure you don't have anything else you need to do for the next hour or so.

Why they decided to dumb down shipwright to ship tailor is beyond me.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • LleithLleith Member UncommonPosts: 126
    How... do I get into the Earth Spacedock? I've located the Sol system... can fly right up to the sun... but don't see any sign of the spacedock itself...
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited August 2016
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/9900/discussions/0/558756256398003676/

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/2n3ver/cannot_enter_earth_spacedock_after_tutorial/

And if you're downloading the game as you play then all of the needed assets for Sol and all of the ships floating around Earth Spacedock may not have gotten to your computer yet

This is what you're supposed to experience.  I'd suggest muting the video as soon as you can.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Lleith said:
    How... do I get into the Earth Spacedock? I've located the Sol system... can fly right up to the sun... but don't see any sign of the spacedock itself...
    I'm sure you have figured this out by now, but for someone else with the same question...

While in space, there is an information box with two sets of icons in the upper right, organized in vertical rows.  The top icon of the left row is your trans-warp destinations you can go to.  Click on Sol system, and one load screen later you are there!

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353
    Also, since i didn't see anyone mention it. You will get a choice of upgraded ship every 10 levels, so at level 10 you will get your first option. There will be a quest you recieve that will lead you to the ship requisition officer on sol station.