Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fifteenth Anniversary Fete Kicks Off - All Are Invited

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,126

imageFifteenth Anniversary Fete Kicks Off - All Are Invited

All current and former Anarchy Online players are invited to take part in the game's fifteenth anniversary celebration that will be running from now through July 11th. Players will be able to check out all of the game's latest updates including the addition of the changes to the PvP Notum Tower fields, new Research Lines for high level players, new Veteran Shop rewards and skill increases.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HarikenHariken Member RarePosts: 2,435
    I logged in for the event. Really disappointing what they have done. Their earlier events were really epic parties all over the planet. Now you get 12 days of free play and some free junk that no one uses from the cash shop. And you get to do the open world event to kill a big boss in the hope of rng loot. And the new graphic update is a joke. The game still plays like crap on modern PC's. Even though this was my first mmo i lasted just two days before i just uninstalled the game.
  • DatcydeDatcyde Member UncommonPosts: 564
    edited June 2016
    Anarchy online and expansion shadowlands has a unique feel of adventure like no other and shadowlands feels open world.
  • Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Hmm, the problem with AO now for me though is that they took what almost 10 years of promises to get an engine update rolled out to improve the gfx aaaaaaand it was horrible. So if they cant even update a game in 10y properly why should people bother getting into such a longterm play style game, especially one you have to sub to to get anywhere.
  • exile02exile02 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    if this doesnt make you feel old, i dont know what would.
  • OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 2,041
    edited August 2016
    This should have been done for AO: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?193768-Update-5-0-Notes-Freedom-to-Play

"Free-to-Play Changes
    You may now access any area you own, regardless of your membership status. You no longer need to keep buying access passes or membership in order to enter Raids, Unchained Dungeons, or playfields from expansions you already bought. Please remember that you still need to own the appropriate pack (such as Rise of the Godslayer) in order to access these areas."

This would bring back players. And would give them a reason to start pumping out content to sell. Works for SWtOR, Guild Wars 2, and ESO. Buy to play with paid DLC is the way to go, but as usual Funcom can't see what's right in front of their face. I own every single expansion and I'd buy more if there was no sub required with it. Make an optional sub with minor benefits as these other games have and it's all good for everyone.

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,017
    OG_Zorvan said:
    They did, all 3 games received the membership update - and that's the key word here, it was a membership update :wink: 
    In TSW and in AO the change left the free players unaffected, and even in AoC it just made their life a bit easier for the leveling. Sure, they can access now Khitai without the sub, but the gold cap will hinder any meaningful activity there... tricky FC move. (but it was already discussed to the teeth)

Ironically, AoC is the only one where the subscribers were kinda shafted with the change. So while in TSW and AO it's better for subs and no change for free players, in AoC it's a bit better for free players, while subs have lost quite a lot. Maybe in AoC's case they should title it as membership downgrade instead of update :lol:
  • OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 2,041
    Po_gg said:
    OG_Zorvan said:
    They did, all 3 games received the membership update - and that's the key word here, it was a membership update :wink: 
    In TSW and in AO the change left the free players unaffected, and even in AoC it just made their life a bit easier for the leveling. Sure, they can access now Khitai without the sub, but the gold cap will hinder any meaningful activity there... tricky FC move. (but it was already discussed to the teeth)

Ironically, AoC is the only one where the subscribers were kinda shafted with the change. So while in TSW and AO it's better for subs and no change for free players, in AoC it's a bit better for free players, while subs have lost quite a lot. Maybe in AoC's case they should title it as membership downgrade instead of update :lol:
    Yes, and once again their idea of "improving membership" mismatches the rest of the known world. I seriously think Funcom suits are smoking some really funky doobies and living in their own little private world.

Noone subs to AO because it's a 16 year old game still demanding $15 a month ( $20 a month in EU ), while it's gone months and even years at a time with no development other than some patches and switches flipped for the same old "events" every years. Since Michi took over, they've gotten 1 new dungeon, a craptastic "new" engine ( first announced in 2009 ) dropped on users with no further development done to it to even fix its bugs, and  the Reck zone opened up ( which was already 80% complete and sitting locked since launch in 2001 ). 

Now make the sub optional for all, give people access to the expansions they've already bought ( which WILL bring back a lot of people who loved the game but left because they couldn't see any point in subbing anymore ), and then make new expansions and charge for them. They will make money, more than they're making now floating along in limbo, I guarantee.

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.