Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion Ascension Event Scam

2»

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I admit it took me about 200 hours before I realized how messed up this game is.  Trust me its messed up and run as fast as you can away from it.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited June 2016
    filmoret said:
    I admit it took me about 200 hours before I realized how messed up this game is.  Trust me its messed up and run as fast as you can away from it.
    Yea man , its really messed up and a fuggin shame to .. the irony is if Trion were able to with permission and opened a Sub server with (only vanity cash shop) It would be the most populated server by far , would most likely need 2or 3 servers to handle the influx of players .. ...

but as the game stands its a complete P2W game

• Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Soybean said:
    The sad thing is after spending all of that money on the packs for the regrade gems there is no guarantee that the regrade will be successful. The chances the regrade will fail are pretty high so that was $50 - $150 flushed. Then you get the fun of starting over again.  Not to mention the labor wall you will hit trying to craft the gear all over again.
    Its not that when freebies are complaining about all the p2w, but the whales who spent thousands of $/eur  are flaming eachother becouse it became a wallet-race , normal players are not even in the picture ,tho it is possible to be a little tiny bit competetive if you play 15h/day or so xD
  • SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Soybean said:
    The sad thing is after spending all of that money on the packs for the regrade gems there is no guarantee that the regrade will be successful. The chances the regrade will fail are pretty high so that was $50 - $150 flushed. Then you get the fun of starting over again.  Not to mention the labor wall you will hit trying to craft the gear all over again.
    Its not that when freebies are complaining about all the p2w, but the whales who spent thousands of $/eur  are flaming eachother becouse it became a wallet-race , normal players are not even in the picture ,tho it is possible to be a little tiny bit competetive if you play 15h/day or so xD
    Even if you did spend 15hr a day playing the labor will run out very quickly even with a sub and you are sent right back into that cash shop. The whole game is just a giant hole players are throwing money into just to have an enjoyable experience but that is F2P for you.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Soybean said:
    Soybean said:
    Even if you did spend 15hr a day playing the labor will run out very quickly even with a sub and you are sent right back into that cash shop. The whole game is just a giant hole players are throwing money into just to have an enjoyable experience but that is F2P for you.

NO, it is HOW THAT game is setup. That is all.

• hammarushammarus Member UncommonPosts: 196
    edited July 2016
    Such a shame.  A great game ruined by a cash shop.  Was truly an epic game in Alpha/Beta.  I would play it again if the cash shop became just vanity items.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Trion completely ruined one of the best MMORPG's that has come out in a long, long time. 
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    hammarus said:
    Such a shame.  A great game ruined by a cash shop.  Was truly an epic game in Alpha/Beta.  I would play it again if the cash shop became just vanity items.
    Unfortunately, if the Cash Shop sold only cosmetics, it wouldn't make the kind of money that XL Games are expecting, so that's never going to happen.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Are we going to act like this is new every damn time Archeage does something? People have been rightfully blasting the game for the cruddy monetization plays from the transition from open beta to live.

What is this? People didn't believe and are JUST getting it now? Respectfully piss off.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Im out.
    Never going back i think.
    Never playing ANY Korean title ever anymore.
    My trust in Game companies wasnt very high before, but now all trust is ruined.

How can i ever again give a company time of my life, to bring my life it into their worlds ?
    Impossible after that experience.
  • Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    hammarus said:
    Unfortunately, if the Cash Shop sold only cosmetics, it wouldn't make the kind of money that XL Games are expecting, so that's never going to happen.
    Heh necro thread, but i had to respond, anyway, there are purely sub mmo's similar to if Trion would only sell apex, than there are fair hybrids like Tera online, where you would have rng chests, vanity items, cosmetics, and boosts, and than there are "those" , where Trion sells main component in economy aka Thunderstruck tree, and main component in pvpve aka Regrade charm, in the cash shop itself.

I would very much prefer if they did Tera version, with medium p2w, instead of full.

Hell, most would.