Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your ANGRIEST MOMENT EVER in a MMO. Tell us!

2»

Comments

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    In Vanilla WOW, i was farming/skinning  Devilsaurs in Un'Goro Crater on my Dwarf Hunter. I think I was lvl 57 or 58. Crafting Devilsaur armor to level up my leatherworking and sell on the AH for gold. Devilsaurs were  Elites and hard to kill and hard to find.

Just as I finished killing a Devilsaur and  running up to skin it, a night elf druid unstealths and skins my kill. I say "WTF?" and he just  runs away. Few minutes later I kill another Devilsaur and he does the same thing, so I  run up to him and say "yo dude, i'm farming these for the skins, wtf are you doing?"

He runs off so I say screw this, i'm gonna  head  to the other side of the zone and kill some over there. So I kill another Devilsaur  10 minutes later and guess what? he skins it again. This druid is literally following me around Un'Goro stealthed skinning  all my kills. I'm so mad at this point, I send him a PST and say " hey asshole, if you skin  one more Devilsaur i'm gonna report you". He doesn't say a word. I hearth back to Ironforge cause I was  fed up. 

Next day before I log into WOW i'm checking my email. I get a  letter from Blizzard saying I've been issued a warning for  harassment and foul language. He actually reported me for harassing him. I was so angry. I wrote Blizzard back explaining what happened but never heard from them again.
    Yup.  I would say the forums work the same way.  Someone starts something with you, then if you take it to PMs they have all the reason to get you for harassment.  

Honestly my biggest problem has always been similar to you:  Someone did something that made you unhappy yet they won't respond to any dialogue.  Or after you logically speak to them, they reply back with "You mad bro" or "go QQ".  I've actually found my unhappiest gaming moments all came while playing WoW and involved other players.

WoW was really the groundbreaking game for solo mmo's.  I remember being in the same guild with people doing the exact same quests, same level same everything, and those people wouldn't even reply to me in chat.  Just killing all your mobs doing solo on the exact same stuff your doing.

So I would just say "non responsive players who break the unwritten & written rules of gameplay with zero communication to anyone"

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Very, Very Easy.  The moment I played STO, considering how much I love Star Trek and how much this game was a huge, huge disappointment.
  • Gamer54321Gamer54321 Member UncommonPosts: 452
    I think watching SWTOR go live on youtube also made me a little angry. Knowing all so well that I did not want to even try out that game.
  • GainsNGamesGainsNGames Member UncommonPosts: 107
    time007 said:
    So I would just say "non responsive players who break the unwritten & written rules of gameplay with zero communication to anyone"
    LOL good one. 

Or back in vanilla when you were in front of a  named mob you needed to kill for a quest, and you would see a player heading towards you, so  to be  nice, you'd decide to wait for them . But  just as you were about to invite them to group they would just run in, tag the mob, kill it,  and run away. And you're like " what... the..."  wow!

Don't have to worry about that anymore with Faction tagging. thank god
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    My angriest moments were in Final Fantasy 11 . I will never play a Red mage or do social chat no more. The forced PVP in Allods really pissed me off as i was getting ganked while i was trying to quest.  Thank god for DDO LOTRO and Neverwinter i get to chose to pvp if i so desire
    Heh, people would bitch at me sometimes when I was playing red mage in ffxi too.  I remember one time someone yelled at me because "I wasn't doing anything."  God forbid a red mage takes a breather for 1 second in between refresh rotations, debuffs and damage.
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I've been upset before, but i've never been angry on the level of Angry German Kid.
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Every single time I've bought a CE of a game, for some reason I never learn my lesson.  There's never actually been a time where I ended up thinking "totally glad I paid X dollars more for the collectors edition".

And yet I keep buying them.
  • MwahahaMwahaha Member UncommonPosts: 126
    SWTOR PvP:  I'm on a great team and on a killstreak..we're on the verge of winning then bam, crash to desktop.  All that effort gone to waste.  

Played:  EQ, EQ2, Vanguard, WAR, WoW, LoTRO, CoX, CO, GW2, FFXIV: ARR, AoC, Rift, TSW, SWTOR, TERA, BnS, ESO

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    SWG when one of the co-guild leaders decided to kick me and several others from the guild simply because he was "roleplaying". The annoying part was that his wife was the other leader and she did not agree with it but had not power to prevent it. Lost a long term and very good relation with that guild on that one instance. Tainted my outlook on guilds in general and mmo forever after.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    I kind of lost it at the end of this raid...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLDytJC655c

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

In Vanilla WOW, i was farming/skinning  Devilsaurs in Un'Goro Crater on my Dwarf Hunter. I think I was lvl 57 or 58. Crafting Devilsaur armor to level up my leatherworking and sell on the AH for gold. Devilsaurs were  Elites and hard to kill and hard to find.

Just as I finished killing a Devilsaur and  running up to skin it, a night elf druid unstealths and skins my kill. I say "WTF?" and he just  runs away. Few minutes later I kill another Devilsaur and he does the same thing, so I  run up to him and say "yo dude, i'm farming these for the skins, wtf are you doing?"

He runs off so I say screw this, i'm gonna  head  to the other side of the zone and kill some over there. So I kill another Devilsaur  10 minutes later and guess what? he skins it again. This druid is literally following me around Un'Goro stealthed skinning  all my kills. I'm so mad at this point, I send him a PST and say " hey asshole, if you skin  one more Devilsaur i'm gonna report you". He doesn't say a word. I hearth back to Ironforge cause I was  fed up. 

And THIS... is exactly why I prefer open PvP games

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    I tend to get disgusted rather than angry.  Some of my most disgusted feeling moments were: discovering that X game had no quests over level 20.  Discovering that Y game only had different quests for different races up to level 25.  Discovering that in Z game all the effort I put into leveling up my crafting was worthless because there was basically nothing people wanted to buy that was made by that crafting profession.  Discovering that in Q game free trial players' stuff can be stolen with impunity by paid players, because locks placed by free trial players only lock out other free trial players, and the game doesn't wan you of this at all.  Discovering that in W game soloing became impossible at level 30 because the monsters you could kill solo were considered too low level to drop loot for you.  And again, the game doesn't notify you at all that you are missing loot due to your level, it just silently drops less or silently drops only commons.

And people wonder why I am unhappy with existing MMOs and want to design one that doesn't have all these disgusting/infuriating failures of design...
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • TaiphozTaiphoz Member UncommonPosts: 353
    in Archeage when I destroyed as in total loss of all of my mains equipment through trying to upgrade, worst game mechanic I have ever seen in existance ever in the whole universe.
  • scribeofsalmacisscribeofsalmacis Member UncommonPosts: 26
    The angriest moment probably was when it suddenly became extremely difficult to follow to coordination of a very competitive GvG guild raid leader in fights, and I started to get strange disconnects and lags. I received a fair bit of qq from the leader, who was actually as ignorant as myself about the reasons. I didn't understand what was going on with my gameplay (everything had been fine) and my new rig, got frustrated and left the guild due to certain gamer pride, thus also letting down a friend, who went his way to vouch for me. The guild entered all the good fights both EU and NA. I soon found out that one of my memory sticks was corrupted and made the system increasingly unstable, leading to spontaneous restarts. Bought new memory, then all was well - but the social momentum was lost, and the hurt pride admittedly intact. Even though new good groups will be assembled for sure, just thinking about it all make s me want to chop my head off. xD
  • Bluehound17Bluehound17 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    I hate it when you are so good at an MMO and people accuse you of hacking! been banned because of it.
  • SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852
    edited July 2016
    Well, in principle I play games to have fun not to be angry or upset right, especially not towards or   with otehr people I think this is someothing we all share (albeit I know people who play MMORPGs because they hate people in general but that is another story).

So I remember many frustrating points during all my playing MMORPGs, where I was upset and even angry. And they all had to do with moments where the game let me down because of a bug a glitch lag spike.

I never been agry because of anotehr playr or the interaction with other players really so I do not have such stories.

But the Game letting you down in the key moment of a raid or even more importantly PvP..omg I could break a keyboard at that point, I was yelling and cursing towards the companies and their devs for making such poor game experiences!

One of my earliest such moments was in Ultima Online, there was an Invasion of Serpent's Hold by the Council of Mages, and I was tasked to organize the defense. Right as the Enemy forces some 30-40 people on horseback stormed the fortress I got so much Lag Everything froze and the next frame was me being atacked and the next frames my chartacter dying... this happened many times in many games after that.

Heheh, make sme laugh now that I think of it all LOL!!
    - Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
  • crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    Mine is pretty simple:

Everquest 1 - 

I was probably 14 or so and had two friends over watching me play before we were heading to a movie.

I had just sailed from the wood-elf/dwarf continent to the human continent (which took like 30 minutes of just sitting on a boat, not to mention time spent waiting for the boat to arrive)  Well, in Freeport, the human city that you arrive at (I think that was the name) there was an NPC ogre vendor named "Bomba the Big" who sold pickles.

As soon as I got off the boat, I wanted to show my friends how the NPCs auto reply and have some funny things they say.  I went up to Bomba the Big and intended to hit the H key for "Hail" but instead hit my A key for "Auto-Attack".  Bomba killed me in one hit, I hadn't bound yet so I spawned all the way back on the Elf continent completely naked.

I...was..livid.  I seriously almost threw my computer.  Complete meltdown.
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

*sighs* The world is hard enough. How about you not try to make it even worse. 
  • Bluehound17Bluehound17 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Moirae said:

Man i Agree I love open world PvP, Any game with open world pvp is fun, just plain pve is boring, Spice it up a little by adding pvp on the side, Dont you just love the excitement you get when you are questing and some random guy comes out behind you and shanks you?
  • SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 543
    Playing DDO, failed time after time while the guild learned Tower of Despair. Went through god knows how many runs once we got it down, passing on items that I could have used, but didn't think it was right to roll on items that were not my ultimate choice when other guildies were drooling over them (most of the guild worked this way, that's why the guild was so awesome).

Finally the ring I was looking for drops, and myself and one other guildie are rolling for it. He wins the roll, which makes me sad, but hey, a roll is a roll. Then, the f****r says, "It'll be good to use for now, but not sure it's gonna be in my final setup." WHAT?!?!?! These were top tier, end game items at the time, and knowing good and well that it was in my final setup, he rolls on it not knowing if he really wants it? 

I am surprised I didn't have a stroke from the sudden spike in blood pressure. I had never (or ever again since) rage quit from something that happened in an MMO, but this one thing made me consider quitting the game. Still makes me angry to think about how much of a D-bag the guy was.
  • SoybeanSoybean Member UncommonPosts: 111
    I did not get mad at one thing but it was a lot of small things that built up to it. I was a healer during Cata and Wotlk. The tank would:

1. stand in stuff
    2. run through the dungeon tagging caster mobs without tanking them
    3. did not always have the proper gear and then blame the healer that they could not keep him up.
    4. The dps would run in all different directions tanking the mobs the tank should be tanking
    5. have pvp gear on with no gems or enchants
    6. need on healing gear for an off-spec
    Then too, I had always wondered why people would leave if the runs was mostly filled up with people from the same guild. Well, now I know. They were by far the nastiest, rudest group to deal with. So for a few expansions I refused to go into a heroic as a healer based on a number of things
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 915
    edited July 2016
    Somone cunned me for 100 g in wow and then he made a fool of me and flamed me after th etrade,,then i flamed him back and got reported by blizzard and got banned for 7 days..I lost this fight 100 % and today i realy wanna punch that apehead in blizzard who banned me...some asshat he was!

Moirae said:

Man i Agree I love open world PvP, Any game with open world pvp is fun, just plain pve is boring, Spice it up a little by adding pvp on the side, Dont you just love the excitement you get when you are questing and some random guy comes out behind you and shanks you?
    At least you can do something about it.  In the scenario the person I replied to described, he was being griefed by a player and could do nothing about it because mechanics prevented him from stopping the douche. When someone kills you maybe it sucks but at least there is the POTENTIAL to fight back or have someone avenge you.  Griefing in PvE offers no such remedy.   Nothing quite like having the griefed /dance around... 

• ImpmonImpmon Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Everquest I played a troll shadowknight.  When they implemented the epic quests everyone was working on them.  Certain parts were very difficult to complete and required your entire guilds assistance.  I was up to the point where all I needed was the Soul Leech 2h sword from Casic Thule in the Plane of Fear zone.  He was the final boss.

The guild that I created...  downed the god and he dropped the Soul Leech.  They'd invited some random Shadowknight to the raid.  I was talking to him during the raid telling him what to do the guy was clueless.  He hadn't even started the epic quest.

My fucking guild said he could roll for the sword.  Guess what happened.

1.  He got the sword.
    2.  I quit the guild & joined the resident uber guild and told them all to fuck of and die.  About a week later I got the sword and completed the epic quest with the uber guild with half the people in one day when I used to have to cajole and beg people to work on the quests.