Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are non-human playable races important to you? Why or why not?

2»

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited July 2016
    d_20 said:
    Po_gg said: [...] in AoC (or TSW) you can only play humans, and non-human playable race is not simply not important, it'd be dumb. [...]
    In TSW you could fit in non-humans. [...] I know TSW lore doesn't work that way, but as an original IP it could have.
    And you answered it yourself... TSW's lore doesn't work that way. There are non-humans, but they are only few and cornered in tight, hidden places like the forest in Transylvania. Not fitting for gameplay and wandering around, that's why the whole starting point of TSW is drawing in regular, everyday peeps (the players) into the secret world.
    There are non-humans on the other side as well, but again, the whole reason of gulping a bee is to play on "this" side... (tried to be the least spoiler-y :wink: )

"...but as an original IP it could have."  *scratching head*
    I don't really get this part, to be honest... that's how Ragnar built it over the years (if you count from TLJ) and it's a pretty cool and detailed world. Everything is true, but bullpoo is still bullpoo... reptilians  :lol:  (and the different dimensions, beyond our regular ones, is there.)
    It's like: yeah, Tolkien wrote this Middle-earth decently, but why it doesn't have jet fighters and nuclear bombs and ninjas? Sure the lore doesn't work that way, but as an original IP it could have.
    :wink:

edit: non-humans in a (mostly) human world was implemented nicely in Bloodlines, if you went with Nosfers. But it was still hindering, in a single game... in an mmo it would be very difficult.
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311
    playing a human in any game is boring, i play a human in RL
  • 45074507 Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Very different and interesting responses so far... I may make this into a poll in the near future.