Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Man's sky leaked footage

TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
edited August 2016 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
SWG Bloodfin vet
Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Post edited by Tiller on

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    So I guess it was an "on purpose leak" as some Steam users have now discovered xD
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    No, thanks.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Is this from the guy who spent 2000 to get the game ?

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    No interest at all. First off, release is very close. Secondly, I find what was done distasteful. Lastly, I can wait.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Not impressed.
    Considering both the financial and technical means the developer had at his disposal i believe that this is pretty solid. I will be buying NMS when it releases.
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    Shodanas said:
    Not impressed.
    Considering both the financial and technical means the developer had at his disposal i believe that this is pretty solid. I will be buying NMS when it releases.
    To me, I don't care how much money they had.  I only care about the final product.  If its not really impressive then I'm not wasting money on it.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    With the imminent launch of the game, i think will wait and see, but i think the game is going to be a very marmite experience, will be interesting to see what level of multiplayer is in the game at launch, assuming it has some that is. :o
    Isn't this game purely single player?  That's what it says on steam
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    I'm now semi-hyped now after seeing both videos. Just waiting for GMG to put it 20% off before launch like they do with most games. I might be hyped but not $60 hyped!

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

Rhoklaw said:
    scorpex-x said:
    Well, technically no, it's one huge and I mean HUGE persistent universe and the creators have stated several times that the chances of 2 people meeting one another is extremely rare.
    No it says, it's a single player game on the steam store page. 
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Anyone else get a very Destiny vibe from the first few seconds, I might be late to the party, haven't been following, but UI, menu, graphically?
    scorpex-x said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    scorpex-x said:
    Well, technically no, it's one huge and I mean HUGE persistent universe and the creators have stated several times that the chances of 2 people meeting one another is extremely rare.
    But it isnt, you'll be even able to do pvp, but its quite rare to meet other players, maybe you'll meet other players more often the closer you get to the centre of the universe.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited July 2016
    why is it given the supposedly the largest universe in the known universe with more planets then any game has ever tried that the first planet that a player lands on looks remarkably the same as all the videos? Maybe finding a Gas Giant will provide diversity I found one last night in another game

was the voice in the video the developer? ha!

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

The closer to launch they got, the further they backtracked from it being multiplayer. It's a single player game regardless of how badly you wish to think otherwise. The game connecting online to check what anonymous player #50,002 named a space rock doesn't count as multiplayer.
    What makes a game multiplayer? if not the possibility to meet other players, even its quite rare?

- Albert Einstein

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Can't Wait !!!!!! :D
    edited July 2016
    Daikuru said:
    scorpex-x said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    scorpex-x said:
    But it isnt, you'll be even able to do pvp, but its quite rare to meet other players, maybe you'll meet other players more often the closer you get to the centre of the universe.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/275850/

Single player.

Also more:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/358415206080963237/

They may of said multiplayer long ago, but that's not what it is.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Daikuru said:
    The closer to launch they got, the further they backtracked from it being multiplayer. It's a single player game regardless of how badly you wish to think otherwise. The game connecting online to check what anonymous player #50,002 named a space rock doesn't count as multiplayer.
    What makes a game multiplayer? if not the possibility to meet other players, even its quite rare?
    What makes a game multiplayer? actually being able to play with other people for one thing.
    And yes it is listed on Steam as being a single player game, which given advertising standards etc. I can only imagine its listed as single player, is because the version they are selling doesn't have features that are normally associated with multiplayer games ie. being able to play with your friends etc.
    And why should it be rare to meet other players? unless it is instanced in such a way that it precludes contact with other players?
    Having a game being 'online' does not make it a multiplayer game, and as previously stated, just because you get to name stuff in the game if you are the first to discover it, does not make it a multiplayer game. So until we actually see some instances of there being actual multiplayer gameplay, i will go with the steam description of it being a single player game.
    edited July 2016
    I think a lot of players have been mislead and they are going to be suckered into buying a single player game when they were expecting a sandbox multiplayer experience.
    Phry said:
    ... So until we actually see some instances of there being actual multiplayer gameplay, i will go with the steam description of it being a single player game.
    That would be the wisest course of action, imho.

But a game can have "multiplayer" features even if it does not allow players to "play with friends". 

Consider the faction manipulation in Elite Dangerous. Every player that delivers trade goods to a certain space station affects the power of the faction that holds that station. It doesn't matter if the player is playing in "multiplayer mode" or playing in their own single-player instance of the game. 

In E:D, every player affects the events and economy of the galaxy, regardless if they play it as an MMO or as an entirely single-player game. The same could apply in NMS...
    edited July 2016
    scorpex-x said:
    I think a lot of players have been mislead and they are going to be suckered into buying a single player game when they were expecting a sandbox multiplayer experience.
    It is single player, but with the possbility to meet other players, so it has multiplayer features and even pvp, even though its quite rare.

http://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-10-burning-questions-answered/

- Albert Einstein

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    Single player adventure games are not for me, especially when there is not much to do but to explore liveless like worlds. Concept was good, but they failed to make it feel like a true MMO.

Kopogero said:
    Single player adventure games are not for me, especially when there is not much to do but to explore liveless like worlds. Concept was good, but they failed to make it feel like a true MMO.
    No Man's Sky never tried to be an MMO, and you can do alot in NMS besides exploration.

- Albert Einstein

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Kopogero said:
    I agree, I am not sure what the point of it all is. Survive on your owe and do.....what?

Daikuru said:
    scorpex-x said:
    It is single player, but with the possbility to meet other players, so it has multiplayer features and even pvp, even though its quite rare.

http://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-10-burning-questions-answered/

And that pervasive avoidance of giving direct answers is the thing that makes people believe their own fantasises of the game play.

"Well, they didn't say it's NOT, possible, therefore it MUST BE possible !"

Why would any developer spend 100's of hours building and testing a feature of a game that will almost NEVER be used by players ? That's simply nonsensical.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    It seems they took all the threads on Steam down related to this supposed leak lol.
    SWG Bloodfin vet