Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Issue with MMO's like World of Warcraft...

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
...the game would cost significantly less and it would be a superior experience if Blizzard decided to divide the game into two separate games, one World of Warcraft: Battlegrounds + Arena and the other World of Warcraft: Dungeons and Raiding.

Because the game tries to appeal to both markets it delivers weaker experience in both for a far bigger price, of course. Then you have the fact that it's impossible to be fully focused and excel in both PvE progression or PvP top arena or RBG ranking. You need a complete dedication, either to raid 4+ days a week and do all the PvE quests, mythic dungeons and study the PvE bosses to perfection as well as all the classes and which ones are the best, similar with PvP. PvP is even more challenging since players are your opponent and you need to pick players even more as you climb in ranking to push further.

The traditional MMORPG doesn't have separate, instanced PvP from the persistent open world. The loot is also same and works for everything PvE and PvP. Anyways, I think it's time to throw the towel and wait for the next big MMORPG that's coming soon and by soon I mean within the next 6 months to a year. I got enough entertaining games to keep me busy until then, after all WOW:WoD failure has helped me to depend less on it and do something else.

I look forward to the new Path of Exile league in September, while I also have CS 1.6 Warcraft mod that I still enjoy and then and some other titles. This is just one example of MMO's trying to appeal to many audiences and fail both in the process. All I know it was a mistake buying WoW: WOD, since I spent $95 USD for only playing it for 2½ months. Star Craft 2 was the other mistake I made, spending again $70+ for only playing the game for 2 weeks. I would feel like a fool dumping so much $, especially on a game I still have so little info about, specifically WHEN tier 20, 21, 22 etc will be released after Legion launch. When crucial info like that is lacking, a set time table it makes me even more certain that they are going again for the cash grab on start and then abandoning their customers for another 1½+

Comments

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    Oh good.

Splitting the community, and gameplay features instead of having them all together in one game that is available whenever I should feel inclined to do (or interact with, in terms of community) them is somehow the superior experience.

Thanks for the high quality post. It's superior because it's separate from another post I just read.

• GainsNGamesGainsNGames Member UncommonPosts: 107
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I agree, it would be much better to have two separate games to buy and then spend $12.99 on a month each, instead of one game to buy and spend $14.99 on.  Wait, what?
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    @MightyUnclean or it could be $4.99-9.99 for a far superior arena/battleground PvP without also having to pay for these expansions, while the PvE'rs (raiders) get to pay their $50 fee every 3-6 months without sub. Either way both would be far more profitable, and still offer far better experiences to both crowds since they will have far better support and team focused working on them.

Right now just like the last few expansions both been lackluster and players get ripped far more for that service.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Now this .. this is brilliant Op , And maybe they should also seperate the Pet battles into a 3rd game , Why didnt they think of this , You should quickly Bundle this up and present to ATVI , i am sure it will be far more profitable than there stock hitting an all time of 42.79 this month .. They must be doing something wrong over there..

Anyway great idea and good luck if you pursue this endeavor
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    What should they do with the open world crap?
  • GainsNGamesGainsNGames Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Scorchien said:
    Now this .. this is brilliant Op , And maybe they should also seperate the Pet battles into a 3rd game , Why didnt they think of this , You should quickly Bundle this up and present to ATVI , i am sure it will be far more profitable than there stock hitting an all time of 42.79 this month .. They must be doing something wrong over there..

Anyway great idea and good luck if you pursue this endeavor
    Great idea .  It could be called  WOW Pet Battles GO. And they should also make Hearthstone  playable in all  taverns and cities  across Azeroth. Also they could merge HOTS and PVP battlegrounds for a more Dota like experience.

And while we are at it,  how bout adding an isometric view to dungeons for a more Diablo style feel in WOW.  You can also transfer characters from Diablo 3 to WOW. 

And wouldn't it be  awesome if we could  play terrans, protoss, and zerg in WOW. 

Better yet merge all Battle.net games into a super MMO for 199.99 dollars. OverHeroesoftheDiabloCraftStone
  • Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Kopogero said:
    ...the game would cost significantly less and it would be a superior experience if Blizzard decided to divide the game into two separate games, one World of Warcraft: Battlegrounds + Arena and the other World of Warcraft: Dungeons and Raiding.

Because the game tries to appeal to both markets it delivers weaker experience in both for a far bigger price, of course. Then you have the fact that it's impossible to be fully focused and excel in both PvE progression or PvP top arena or RBG ranking. You need a complete dedication, either to raid 4+ days a week and do all the PvE quests, mythic dungeons and study the PvE bosses to perfection as well as all the classes and which ones are the best, similar with PvP. PvP is even more challenging since players are your opponent and you need to pick players even more as you climb in ranking to push further.

The traditional MMORPG doesn't have separate, instanced PvP from the persistent open world. The loot is also same and works for everything PvE and PvP. Anyways, I think it's time to throw the towel and wait for the next big MMORPG that's coming soon and by soon I mean within the next 6 months to a year. I got enough entertaining games to keep me busy until then, after all WOW:WoD failure has helped me to depend less on it and do something else.

I look forward to the new Path of Exile league in September, while I also have CS 1.6 Warcraft mod that I still enjoy and then and some other titles. This is just one example of MMO's trying to appeal to many audiences and fail both in the process. All I know it was a mistake buying WoW: WOD, since I spent $95 USD for only playing it for 2½ months. Star Craft 2 was the other mistake I made, spending again $70+ for only playing the game for 2 weeks. I would feel like a fool dumping so much $, especially on a game I still have so little info about, specifically WHEN tier 20, 21, 22 etc will be released after Legion launch. When crucial info like that is lacking, a set time table it makes me even more certain that they are going again for the cash grab on start and then abandoning their customers for another 1½+
    I mix my experience and do PvE and PvP depending on mood. I don't want that is two separate games.

And where does this 4 days a week hard on raiding come from? Teen with time or people with no life? I'm happy to play when I have the time, I'm not selling my life to the game so am real happy with how things have worked for ten plus years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• R3d.GallowsR3d.Gallows Member UncommonPosts: 155
    edited August 2016
    There already is a separate, superior (arguably) arena/battleground game by Blizzard. Its called Overwatch. 
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    They should have taken PvP away from WoW years ago or at least remove all rewards acquired purely from instanced PvP, and stop using their resources trying to balance classes and skills around PvP. Instead of developing arenas, BG's and other mini-games the focus should have been in dungeons, raids, quests and professions.

I believe one of the bigger reasons for WoW's downfall is it now includes too many 'mini-games' for any reasonable size dev team to handle and develop, and because of that most (if not all) of them remain shallow and underdeveloped in future expansions, or are rendered obsolete with no real meaning as content.

Blizz now has Overwatch to play for those who play WoW only because of PvP and who find leveling up and questing as necessary evil to finally get to the 'real game' (PvP in this case), and we all know pet battles, garrisons, shipyards, etc. should have been mobile phone apps in the first place.

I'm 100% sure WoW would be much better game now if they had focused on MMO features and let other dev teams handle the other genres.