Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your social media habits? (survey)

Eloise2Eloise2 Member UncommonPosts: 3
Hi  everyone !  :)

As part of my master's in communication, I am conducting a study about the social media habits of video game players. I need your help to get as many responses as possible to my questionnaire (which will only take a few minutes of your time). 

If you read this message it means that you are a gamer and are therefore part of the people I would love to get answers from! I would be most grateful if you participated by answering questions of this form: http://goo.gl/forms/oxCI9B8pdeJ537lJ2 

If you want me to send you the statistics and analysis of the questionnaire when my project is completed, this is possible! Simply send an email to the email address mentionned at the beginning of the questionnaire! :)

Thank you in advance for your help and have fun!
Eloïse 

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited July 2016
    One statistical outlier coming up.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856
    My habit is to avoid social media sites like the plague.
  • smysirlakismysirlaki Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Hi @Eloise2 . Have you reached to a conclusion? We would love to see your results! =)
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Pynda said:
    My habit is to avoid social media sites like the plague.
    ^This.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • Eloise2Eloise2 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Hello Everyone! :) Sorry for the late reply and thank you again for answering the questionnaire ! I have been able to finish the analysis as well as to send the final dissertation to my university the 1st of September. I am now waiting for the dissertation to be reviewed and will definitely get back to you (and post the results of the study) once I hear from the university. Unfortunately, I can't risk to publish anything on the internet before I get their approval. I'm sure that you understand. :) 
  • TheFunky1TheFunky1 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    I always found it funny that my mother and her friends( the same people who couldn't program a vcr or configure a one touch router set-up) spend more time on social media sites than their offspring who live and breath tech but have no interest in facebooking or sharing pictures on pinterest.

It really is more of a social gathering than anything so it makes sense to cater to those who just can't help but share their pictures and gossip with their friends instead of playing something with their computer time.
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    TheFunky1 said:
    I always found it funny that my mother and her friends( the same people who couldn't program a vcr or configure a one touch router set-up) spend more time on social media sites than their offspring who live and breath tech but have no interest in facebooking or sharing pictures on pinterest.

It really is more of a social gathering than anything so it makes sense to cater to those who just can't help but share their pictures and gossip with their friends instead of playing something with their computer time.
    Lol, yeh, my Dad is 59 and he spends an absolutely massive amount of time on social media. Not only facebook, but he's on instagram as well and has things like whatsapp as well. 

Me, I'm 31, have a degree in computer science and work in the IT industry surrounded by tech every day. As a business we even offer social media services. Yet, I can't stand social media and avoid everything except facebook which I only have due to necessity - people have stopped talking to each other outside of facebook so I have to be on it in order to receive invites to events.