Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the Most Rare Item You Ever Found in an MMO?

Comments

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Since I have never been a raider or seldom do dungeons my list of rare items are mostly the common epic drops (welfare epics).  When I first started to find them I was like, "I'm rich, b$%ch!", however when I went to put them on the AH because 99% of them were items I couldn't use I was instantly let down to see that there were already at least 20 of the same item for sale at any given time.  So what was "rare" for me was mostly your vendor trash or crafting breakdown item.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    edited July 2016
    I actually don't even know.

But I have Mini Tyrael and a few other rare TCG in WoW.

I guess I'm not a very lucky person.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    OhhPaigey said:

Hi Paigey!
    I'm sorry to see you still have these neck problems... :/

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    I have an Assault Trophy in Vendetta Online.

Short description: "a trophy for assault?"

Long description: "It's just scrap metal, with 'Assault Trophy, first prize' scratched into the warped surface, as if by a screwdriver."

How I got it:

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Eq: the robe from the devourer raid event in the deep. 1 Week cooldown, takes a raid force to do, 1pct drop chance - At the time it was the only white robe in eq (afaik.. At least with that look)
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Volgore said:
    OhhPaigey said:

Hi Paigey!
    I'm sorry to see you still have these neck problems... :/
    Hi!

Yeah, I mean as I said, I'm not a very lucky person. :/
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • MMORPGtesterMMORPGtester Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Rarest item I ever got was back in my EverQuest days. I obtained a Staff of Guidance.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Common sense!
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• workhorse12workhorse12 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    edited July 2016
    Jobe Portal Guard Personal Pistol and Grid Armor IV in a game called Anarchy Online.
    That pistol was my most rare item!  Sooooo much farming.  I had a stomach bug and looted corpse between throw ups.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Jobe Portal Guard Personal Pistol and Grid Armor IV in a game called Anarchy Online.
    Same, GA Nano.
  • Hashcow101Hashcow101 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    WoW AQ Vanilla Raid opening ceremony mount and achivemnt. As well as 4 server first and 2 world first level cap achievements.

"May Your Head Explode And Blood Swell From The Wound"
    - Hashcow

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    WoW AQ Vanilla Raid opening ceremony mount and achivemnt. As well as 4 server first and 2 world first level cap achievements.

Which Server?
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    edited July 2016
    The most rare item i have found was a Krol Blade in WoW. Back in vanilla, when that weapon was worth alot -and when 300 gold was "alot".

In fact i have lost more rare stuff in games than i have found in games. Figuratively speaking.

• Greyhawk4x4Greyhawk4x4 Member UncommonPosts: 480

Still have it too.

In SWG I had a vial of Gorax blood. - very rare.

• BrumeBrume Member UncommonPosts: 62
    It do not qualify for the rare drop, but the items i will remember the most is my Burning Rapier from EQ.. The quest was so good i almost cry when i got it.
  • SwampySackSwampySack Member UncommonPosts: 24
    about a decade ago, a helm dropped which nobody else has & very few ever heard of during the 1st yr of that mmorpg. linked it to chat & pm nearly exploded. continued to grind thinking it's no big deal, then a few mins later a GM spawned near by & said "i've been here a while & i'm just scanning ur account to check for any 3rd party program" ..when all was cleared he said congrats on the rarest helm in game & left.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    carotid said:
    Box of Abu-Kar dropped from a goblin warrior in Butcherblock Mountains.
    lol not rare at one point hard 20 or so of them. Would quad kite like crazy with my druid. 
  • GainsNGamesGainsNGames Member UncommonPosts: 107
    In Vanilla WOW, someone of my server got the Krol Blade. I found out who and  sent them a PST asking how much they wanted for it.  They said thy would let me have it for 5000 gold. I agreed and spent 18 hours a day for over a week in Winterspring farming and skinning Yeti. I eventually got the 5K,  player sent me an in game email  telling to me to COD the gold and they would sent the item after they  got the gold. I did and 24 hours later I still didn't receive the Krol Blade. I sent the GM of his guild a message telling him what happened, and he says that the Krol Blade was in the Guild Bank and that player has no authority to sell it. Luckily I had the  email he sent me so I got in touch with a Blizzard GM and explained what happened. Next day I got my gold back. 

So I had  over 5000 gold and nothing to do with it. I decided to purchase an epic mount. I think I was the first on my server to have one. Everyone in SW and Ironforge were chasing me around scratching their heads as to why i was riding so much faster. The epic mounts looked nearly identical to the regular ones.

I never did get that Krol Blade though but I was fast as hell :(
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I caught Pikachu in pokemon go
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    filmoret said:
    I caught Pikachu in pokemon go
    Where I live everyone is struggling to find a Mewtwo.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MoosahMoosah Member UncommonPosts: 12
    It was the Time-Lost Proto Drake in WoW for me.  I was on the hunt for an Unborn Val'kyr at the time when I spotted him flying around so it was a nice surprise.

Intel Core i7 4770K 4.4GHz | ASUS Z87 PRO | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Gigabyte Aurus Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti 11GB | Creative Soundblaster Z Sound Card | Samsung 256GB 840Pro SSD | OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD | Antec TruPower Quattro 1200 Watt PSU

• Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    edited July 2016
    The Rogue Tier 0.5 or Dungeon Set 2 for Vanilla WoW. At least at the time it was. Mostly because there were already raids on farm with better gear even before it was released so hardly anyone did it. Only ever saw a handful of others with it and my Dwarf looked badass in it.

Now its mog gear at the Darkmoon Faire..... :"(
  • LilanLilan Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Human kindness.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    I got a 2 or 3 ascended item drops in GW2.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Baron Rivendare's mount in WoW back when the drop chance was like 0.01%.
    Otherwise? My hoary mattekar pelt in AC1.
    Yep, my list topper as well. I farmed it for 3 years and finally got it.