Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Site Redesign Feedback Thread

13»

Comments

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Warlyx said:
    im unable to see the text on the quick reply box .....dunno why i have to click preview to view what im writing lol  (Firefox)

I can verify that happened to me.  Using firefox.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• erinyserinys Member UncommonPosts: 395
    yeah same, doesnt look very new.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    @erinys @avvkhan This is the old website. They encountered some problems with the new site, so they reverted the changes and delayed launch.

@MikeB Maybe you should edit the OP because it looks like people are confused

• carlianxcarlianx Member UncommonPosts: 3
    @Nasa I agree xD
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    It's live again, NOW. :)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Huge empty bar at the top of the web site for me, taking up about 20% of the page space.  Also, OH GOD MY EYES, it's bright.  Is there a dark theme?
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    edited July 2016
    H0urg1ass said:
    Huge empty bar at the top of the web site for me, taking up about 20% of the page space.  Also, OH GOD MY EYES, it's bright.  Is there a dark theme?
    The circle on the top left that's half white and half black.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited July 2016
    Not going to lie, the new design is quite terrible for usability at the moment.

You can't see the full titles of the featured items meaning the only way to find out what they actually are is to click every single one of them or mouse over them all and I doubt everyone will do that all the time.

The banner images for the main feed are too big. I get you want to highlight certain posts but they are annoyingly large, not noticeably large. Personally, I would stop using the bigger images altogether and find a better way of highlighting certain articles. They just make it ugly, look less organized and seem less cohesive.

Latest community column is too thin for the amount of text and results in big blocks of multicoloured text that are hard to read. Needs less 'Posted by... in...' in the current format and the thread title needs to be a different colour. The latest community posts element needs to be at the top as well like it was before. I know that I personally used it all the time, having to scroll each time I feel like refreshing is redundant. It's the most dynamic and active thing on the landing page and should be one of the main features.

The reviews don't even say what has been reviewed in the title or anywhere noticeable, that's a massive problem. The review posts would be much better if they were like this:

Pokemon Go Review
    The biggest MMO in the world
    Pokémon Go is now officially the United States’ biggest game in the history of mobile gaming. It’s very nearly poised to pass Snapchat, too which is one of the biggest apps in history period.

You also need to make sure the preview text finishes in a sensical (yes, I know that's not an official word) way. Either on a full sentence or at least put some '...' at the end of the auto generator like you have for news items on the index page. Right now it just ends abruptly, it looks unprofessional.

There's lots of technical and alignment problems all over the place as well (in Chrome at least) but I'm sure you're aware of that already and will work out the kinks over time.

I've done a lot of web and graphic design so I'm just giving my opinion about things. Hopefully it's helpful rather than coming across as annoying and overly critical.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Not going to lie, the new design is quite terrible for usability at the moment.

You can't see the full titles of the featured items meaning the only way to find out what they actually are is to click every single one of them or mouse over them all and I doubt everyone will do that all the time.

The banner images for the main feed are too big. I get you want to highlight certain posts but they are annoyingly large, not noticeably large. Personally, I would stop using the bigger images altogether and find a better way of highlighting certain articles. They just make it ugly, look less organized and seem less cohesive.

Latest community column is too thin for the amount of text and results in big blocks of multicoloured text that are hard to read. Needs less 'Posted by... in...' in the current format and the thread title needs to be a different colour. The latest community posts element needs to be at the top as well like it was before. I know that I personally used it all the time, having to scroll each time I feel like refreshing is redundant. It's the most dynamic and active thing on the landing page and should be one of the main features.

The reviews don't even say what has been reviewed in the title or anywhere noticeable, that's a massive problem. The review posts would be much better if they were like this:

Pokemon Go Review
    The biggest MMO in the world
    Pokémon Go is now officially the United States’ biggest game in the history of mobile gaming. It’s very nearly poised to pass Snapchat, too which is one of the biggest apps in history period.

You also need to make sure the preview text finishes in a sensical (yes, I know that's not an official word) way. Either on a full sentence or at least put some '...' at the end of the auto generator like you have for news items on the index page. Right now it just ends abruptly, it looks unprofessional.

There's lots of technical and alignment problems all over the place as well (in Chrome at least) but I'm sure you're aware of that already and will work out the kinks over time.

I've done a lot of web and graphic design so I'm just giving my opinion about things. Hopefully it's helpful rather than coming across as annoying and overly critical.
    Yep, all of this is known and being fixed. Once keys get turned over to @skywisenight for the codebase he'll have his hands full.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Firstly selecting the black theme does not seem to be persistent, it has to be reselected each session.

Secondly the whole format is not displaying correctly on my Kindle Fire. It seems not to be detecting the width of the screen correctly.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    After some investigation I found the site - via a link. The address mmorpg.com still takes you (me at least) to the "Upgrade Underway" banner page. The link to homepage just takes you to upgrade underway page as well. 
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Is the site live? I only get upgrade underway page when i click on mmorpg icon or use www.mmorpg.com

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Is the site live? I only get upgrade underway page when i click on mmorpg icon or use www.mmorpg.com
    Not yet.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    edited July 2016
    Firstly selecting the black theme does not seem to be persistent, it has to be reselected each session.

Secondly the whole format is not displaying correctly on my Kindle Fire. It seems not to be detecting the width of the screen correctly.
    We have this fixed (theme) internally and we'll be pushing it live within the next 24 hours.

Is it possible to post a screen cap of the second issue?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    IS the new site actually launched? Other than the forums I get the old site for the front page.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Where's the mark all as read button?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

We're rolling back, folks. Major infrastructure issues still abound. We'll keep you posted.

My Review Manifesto

This discussion has been closed.