Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brad's posts make me worried

12346»

Comments

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    I dont think people had a problem with EQ progression servers being too hard at all.  The progression servers were too EASY and as a result people tended, for the most part, to hit cap and then be bored until the next expansion opened.
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    With regards to vanity pets. It's themepark crap and a waste development time, since you'll see zero ROI due to lack of cash shop. Hardly game breaking but adding Bard or Necro at launch is the wiser choice.

With regards to 2/3 classes having pets. To quote The Incredibles, "if everyone is special, no one is."
    Nuff said.

With regards to caravans & mentoring. These are good things people, they build community and replay value which supports the low level community. Just make sure mentoring can't be exploited for PL'ing.

With regards to the Pantheon forums. You need to open them up. As many have said and I've been saying for years, you have a community of yes men and delusional VG fans pretending to be the majority. You need feedback in it's entirety, not just what you want to hear. You'll hear it at launch anyways and it will be too late.

With regards to EQ-clone. Brad should embrace this, EQ classic was literally a D&D experience that has yet to be replicated by any game since(including D&D lol). Cloning most of EQ classic automatically makes you innovative by the MMO standards of today.

With regards to Unity. I hope they have a genius network coding expert because I can already see this game lagging to hell, with thousands of players on an engine known to cause problems in this area.

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Pets are annoying.  Pet classes are the exception, and having pets is part of what makes their class unique.  You see a player with a wolf and you know it's a hunter.  Now everyone has a wolf?  Really? I was super annoyed in BDO to see every single player running around with pets.  It's retarded, and I hope they don't give into this crap.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    edited July 2016
    With regards to the Pantheon forums. You need to open them up. As many have said and I've been saying for years, you have a community of yes men and delusional VG fans pretending to be the majority. You need feedback in it's entirety, not just what you want to hear. You'll hear it at launch anyways and it will be too late.
    This just demonstrates how disconnected you actually are from the reality of Pantheon's official forums. You can go and read the forum for free, so you may want to try doing so before passing opinion's that are clearly incorrect. Specifically the threads discussing pets.

Agree with you on vanity pets and embracing the EQ clone stigma.

I also agree that limited mentoring, when properly used, can be beneficial to growing the playerbase and community.

Caravans, on the other hand, have no place in an mmo that boasts a challenging virtual world. Its nothing but a mechanic that allows aspects of the game to be trivialized, in addition to being highly exploitable.