Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

class changes put me off buying legion :(

Comments

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    axtranti said:
    Complex, dynamic, skilled... sounds like a Neil Peart drum solo. FlyByKnight, syriinx... I see we got some Rush fans  in the house. nice.

You can pretty much called it WOW 2. The game is nothing like it was back in vanilla. Doesn't mean it's  a bad MMO. I think people  just need to stop complaining and comparing it to vanilla wow.  It's just not the same game.

Blizzard is not trying to bring WOW back to its glory days, or else they would of done it already.  The game is just trying to stay competitive in the current mmo market. Hence , alot of the changes to pvp and  skills/abilities. 

The hardcore MMO is dead. Wait for legacy servers or just don't play Legion,  it's that simple.

Hardcore mmo market when almost all vanilla p servers have more active players than 10 retail realms combined. Just because some games are not popular in the western player base doesn't mean they are not popular. Hardcore MMOs have not died nor ever will, at least as of now. Just because you're a Blizzard fanboy and like WoW regardless of whatever shit they dip in, doesn't make it good.

Legion is just a big hype like every other expansion, WoW will be alive for 1-3 months after Legion release and then gravity will do the rest. I will enjoy this.

And in that time they will soar to 10+ million subs, make a ton of money, and do it all again.  There is no end.
  • rush1984rush1984 Member UncommonPosts: 371
    axtranti said:
    Complex, dynamic, skilled... sounds like a Neil Peart drum solo. FlyByKnight, syriinx... I see we got some Rush fans  in the house. nice.

You can pretty much called it WOW 2. The game is nothing like it was back in vanilla. Doesn't mean it's  a bad MMO. I think people  just need to stop complaining and comparing it to vanilla wow.  It's just not the same game.

Blizzard is not trying to bring WOW back to its glory days, or else they would of done it already.  The game is just trying to stay competitive in the current mmo market. Hence , alot of the changes to pvp and  skills/abilities. 

The hardcore MMO is dead. Wait for legacy servers or just don't play Legion,  it's that simple.

Hardcore mmo market when almost all vanilla p servers have more active players than 10 retail realms combined. Just because some games are not popular in the western player base doesn't mean they are not popular. Hardcore MMOs have not died nor ever will, at least as of now. Just because you're a Blizzard fanboy and like WoW regardless of whatever shit they dip in, doesn't make it good.

Legion is just a big hype like every other expansion, WoW will be alive for 1-3 months after Legion release and then gravity will do the rest. I will enjoy this.

And in that time they will soar to 10+ million subs, make a ton of money, and do it all again.  There is no end.
    not a chance in hell will wow ever get anywhere close to that number id be surprised if they have even 3 mil 6 months into expac
  • WinnTechWinnTech Member UncommonPosts: 71
    rush1984 said:
    After a year of not playing wow, the longest time since 2005 i thought id give wow a go and check out the new class changes.
    Ive played every major patch every expac every change this game has made and none have quite put me off as much as these ones.
    Every class in game now has only 4-5 spells in rotation ( and some utility)but thats not the biggest put off , the rotations themselves are mind numbingly boring ! ( atleast for me and alot of other players as shown on the official forums).
    How anyone could want to level to 110 like that is crazy, People will say "yeah but its better at 110 because its tuned for that" sorry but no its not gonna be the case this time.
    I know blizzard like to simplify but this has made this game pathetic now.

I'm Glad in a way its put that final nail in for me to be honest i needed it, resubbing every x amount of months always ends in a waste of money.
    Its the kiddies time to play now and i dont mean that as an insult, the game has been reworked completely for a very young audience.

Hopefully they will make a vanilla server (legacy) i think its extremely likely now as this new expac will do worst than WOD.
    Its only way they will get me and my community and friends to play wow again

ps this isnt a angry rant , i subbed to try the changes and i didnt like it half expected it  im not that bothered about it just disappointed :dizzy:

I too grabbed WoW Leg...been playing since vanilla and skipped Panda and WoD. Felt that they fell off the feel of the game. I was kind of excited for Legion. I jumped on and tried the rogue changes...I literally said "WTF". I have been playing a rogue since vanilla and Legion has ruined rogue for me. So I am playing a monk, which is ok. Hunter is ok as well. The changes are not that good. I understand the need to streamline things, but now one can zone out and press 1-4. I kind of hope they do bring back vanilla. I doubt I would play the expansions unless they actually get it right one time at least. 

WinnTech

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    So now everyone at the end game will all be wielding the same weapons per class? ie. Paladin's will all have Ashbringers? ... am I right? If so, that's ridiculous.
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    I would normally agree, but in this case I can't. Yes there may have been pruning, but with quite a few of the classes it takes a lot more to play than just spam. Many occasions I've heard stories since the patch of high end players failing at dps, healing and tanking or under performing  because they're trying to spam their abilities.   A lot of the tooltips for abilities have changed meaning the will effect the target differently than it did before, this also applies to talents, which can switch up your style of play. i.e enhancement.

Goes into detail more. I would say check through other classes videos as well, some are complete rubbish others work amazingly 
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Mpfive said:
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    As Biz said there's the artifact skill tree when Legion arrives. I've linked a calculator below showing the skill trees. 

http://beta.wowdb.com/artifact-calculator 
    They are all passives, that hardly counts
    Their not all passives. For example Sindragosa's Fury. I wouldn't want everything on hot bars, rather build on existing talents with procs and passives. Gone are the days of multiple hotbars full of useless skills. Like ESO only has five active talents on the bar with weapon swap being another five and it works well. I do believe Blizzard dumbed down the wow system too far but I have played Legion beta and I like what they have done with the new talents working with the artifact talents.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    axtranti said:

numbers please
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    As Biz said there's the artifact skill tree when Legion arrives. I've linked a calculator below showing the skill trees. 

http://beta.wowdb.com/artifact-calculator 
    Even with those artifact skills, the class changes have radically departed from their original concept.  Some class specs were altered so much, it's like an entire new class to relearn.
  • GenetikCodeGenetikCode Member UncommonPosts: 48
    Hmmm... by the way they are dumbing it down again to what.. 4 button rotation system? sounds like its being dumb down for ps4/xbox kids?
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Oh give me a break, I have played all the classes since vanilla or they were introduced.  There really is not much change.  The only people that are whining are those that can't stand any change.  

If you don't like Wow, go find some other game to play.  It is still top dog and that is not going to change any time soon.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Classes in vanilla sucked

I remember as a Paladin

"You are ret? You suck" and get kicked out of the group

Also this was a paladin

AUTO ATTACK! AUTO ATTACK! AUTO ATTACK

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Ability "pruning" is because Blizzard can't have it that LoL and Dota2 are so successful.
    They would love to make WoW a moba.

They made so many changes to further simplify the game to attract players that wouldnt play mmorpgs, so that the mmorpg'ers got alienated more with every xpack.

• LleithLleith Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Blizzard put me off buying Legion.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    The sheer hatred towards WoW and Blizzard on this website is comically pathetic. 
  • GainsNGamesGainsNGames Member UncommonPosts: 107
    They hate because they know eventually they will give in and play Legion.  It happens every expansion, nobody is immune to it. Yeah maybe you can hold out for a month, even two, but eventually it'll get you and there is nothing you can do about it. "You are a slave, Neo."
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited July 2016
    Hmmm... by the way they are dumbing it down again to what.. 4 button rotation system? sounds like its being dumb down for ps4/xbox kids?
    why "kids"? these comments don't make YOU any less of a kid, you know? dont like the way blizz are doing things? move on.

• carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    The sheer hatred towards WoW and Blizzard on this website is comically pathetic. 
    They hate because they know eventually they will give in and play Legion.  It happens every expansion, nobody is immune to it. Yeah maybe you can hold out for a month, even two, but eventually it'll get you and there is nothing you can do about it. "You are a slave, Neo."
    So, you two clowns think it's "hate" when someone has a negative opinion on something? Looks to me that you two are the ones that are comically pathetic.
  • unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388
    Too busy having fun with the class changes to be bothered by the usual hate squad that occupies this site.

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    To me it feels like they are trying to get the game into a controller friendly game.  I don't mind that but I don't enjoy losing more and more skills as a result.  Feels like they are working hard to make it something they can push to consoles in the future.
  • LleithLleith Member UncommonPosts: 126
    I played for a very long time. They earned my ire.
    carotid said:
    So, you two clowns think it's "hate" when someone has a negative opinion on something? Looks to me that you two are the ones that are comically pathetic.
    See you in Legion buddy :)
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    carotid said:
    No. I think criticism is fine, but there's a lot of people who do nothing but shitpost about how awful WoW and/or Blizzard is and how they'll never play again. Every time there's a post about WoW or Blizzard, it ends up being a circle jerk of negativity. If the mods wanted, they could just as easily populate the comments with a thread simulator and it'd end up being pretty close to what gets posted anyways. The petulant hatred is predictable, but also kind of sad. 

I'm not saying that applies to all posters. 
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    rush1984 said:
    not a chance in hell will wow ever get anywhere close to that number id be surprised if they have even 3 mil 6 months into expac
    If this were reddit I'd say Remindme! 2 months.  So that way I could laugh.  
  • axtrantiaxtranti Member UncommonPosts: 95
    edited July 2016
    axtranti said:

And what exactly makes u think legion will give WoW 9m+ subs? Cause they stopped reporting at almost 1.9 subs if I'm not wrong. The remaining players of WoW are just fanboys, the game itself is dead. 

Wow always dies 1-3 months after an expansion release, that's the only moment when wow is alive. You are all so delusional, it's really beyond comprehension. Keep playing your 5 button spam game, but don't spread the stupidity everywhere. The only thing that will kill WoW, its WoW, and it's doing just fine.

asdasdasd