Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KS Update #35 - We all got 'em, and they all stink...

MaygusMaygus Member UncommonPosts: 374
Latest KS Update is here

Sure it's a few days late reposting and I'm sure most have seen it - but... never hurts to share here for those not on reddit/coe official site to have a discourse on the contents of it.
Visit the Chronicles of Elyria official site and the Official Wiki... an upcoming MMO from Soulbound Studios with real consequences to your actions.
Finite Resources, WYSIWYG looting to player created and maintained maps and a deep modular crafting system. So much more that hasn't been said, ask questions! Post your thoughts! Spread the word of COE!

If you haven't yet, register with my referrer code on the official website: B0E240

Comments

• ZultraZultra Member UncommonPosts: 385
    I like how this gets no comments but a hate thread gets loads.
    Sign up for Chronicles of Elyria here don't forget to use my friend code - B4ACB3

Join the revolutionary MMO! 
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Zultra said:
    Any thread that has mixed opinions always tends to grow quite a bit, because someone will always try to counter the opposing viewpoints, and the resulting back-and-forth keeps the thread in the "active list" on the front page, which means it gets noticed and attracts more comments, etc.
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    I still don't get it why some of the people here were sperging about a website because websites make a game or break a game. Right? Jesus christ. Chill pills for everyone.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    I still don't get it why some of the people here were sperging about a website because websites make a game or break a game. Right? Jesus christ. Chill pills for everyone.
    I don't think its entirely without merit to judge a companies competency based on their ability to launch a website and run an online store. That should be considerably easier than creating a working mmorpg.

• RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Dullahan said:
    I don't think its entirely without merit to judge a companies competency based on their ability to launch a website and run an online store. That should be considerably easier than creating a working mmorpg.
    Well not if you are an mmorpg programmer and don't have time to deal with the website
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Ramajama said:
    Dullahan said:
    Well not if you are an mmorpg programmer and don't have time to deal with the website
    Yea, it is like if you have a restaurant. You also do not have time to make a website since you are all busy cooking.
    So in both cases you hire in a consultant to do it for you or you contract with a firm specializing in that line of work.
    Only a complete amateur would take a project 25% complete and try to put it up on a live, client facing system. This goes directly to competence, both management and IT and what it shows is total incompetence.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Zultra said:
    Obviously you didn't have anything positive to say either.
    Harbinger of Fools