Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking forward to this game. Cant understand how its going to work. one or two questions!!

AlpennAlpenn Member UncommonPosts: 30
So will this game be an open world like all other MMO's or will it just be instanced between campaigns and your EK or how is it all going to work, im confused?

Comments

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    @Alpenn Crowfall universe is going to be much bigger and more complex than that of other MMOs, twist being that Campaigns (1-2000 players, continent size servers) should last couple months before going offline.

Briefly, it will be a complicated net of at least dozens of Campaigns and tens of thousands of Eternal Kingdoms, with moving between these depending on availability/queues/penalties etc. (Campaign to Campaign, or entering a new one) or permissions to enter someone's Eternal Kingdom, which may include paying/taxes/guild membership and god knows what else.

IIRC you will be moving to another Campaign via your own EK (or that of your guild, aliance etc.) Also, you should be able to leave from Campaign to Eternal Kingdom via some form of astral projection, i.e. only your body - or better, crow-spirit - is appearing in the kingdom, without any gear or loot being carried unless the campaign is over.
     W...aaagh?
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    @Alpenn Crowfall universe is going to be much bigger and more complex than that of other MMOs, twist being that Campaigns (1-2000 players, continent size servers) should last couple months before going offline.

Briefly, it will be a complicated net of at least dozens of Campaigns and tens of thousands of Eternal Kingdoms, with moving between these depending on availability/queues/penalties etc. (Campaign to Campaign, or entering a new one) or permissions to enter someone's Eternal Kingdom, which may include paying/taxes/guild membership and god knows what else.

IIRC you will be moving to another Campaign via your own EK (or that of your guild, aliance etc.) Also, you should be able to leave from Campaign to Eternal Kingdom via some form of astral projection, i.e. only your body - or better, crow-spirit - is appearing in the kingdom, without any gear or loot being carried unless the campaign is over.
    Which is it? Open world or instanced? Don't write a book. Just say open world or instanced.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    carotid said:

Which is it? Open world or instanced? Don't write a book. Just say open world or instanced.

open world or instanced.   There I said it.  Are you happy now?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• AlpennAlpenn Member UncommonPosts: 30
    No but my point is are all eternal kingdoms instances. As such bar campaigns u load into, there is no actually open world. Like as such campaigns are batllegrounds so shouldn't there be a proper world aswell and then from that world u enter campaigns and u can enter your eternal kingdom?
    @Alpenn Yes, Eternal Kingdoms will be instanced BUT you shouldn't be confusing Campaigns with battlegrounds - Campaigns will be hundred times bigger in both area and population, not to mention that you will be able to do much more than just PvP (which is what you do in battlegrounds).

Campaign will be your "proper world", huge like servers in other MMOs and you'll be able to do building, economy, social stuff and what not - same as on any other MMO server. Difference is that Campaigns go offline after 1-3 months, and then you pick another one.
     W...aaagh?
  • AlpennAlpenn Member UncommonPosts: 30
    @Alpenn Yes, Eternal Kingdoms will be instanced BUT you shouldn't be confusing Campaigns with battlegrounds - Campaigns will be hundred times bigger in both area and population, not to mention that you will be able to do much more than just PvP (which is what you do in battlegrounds).

Campaign will be your "proper world", huge like servers in other MMOs and you'll be able to do building, economy, social stuff and what not - same as on any other MMO server. Difference is that Campaigns go offline after 1-3 months, and then you pick another one.
    Ahh ok this makes more sense as I thought campaigns was just only pvp like battlegrounds. Why would u build stuff in the campaigns if they will be wiped once they're over?
    Alpenn said:

Ahh ok this makes more sense as I thought campaigns was just only pvp like battlegrounds. Why would u build stuff in the campaigns if they will be wiped once they're over?
    @Alpenn Territory control will be based on sieges and conquering. Also, you build to fortify and secure your territories. You also need workshops to make stuff, stables for mounts, places to keep materials you gathered or pillaged and so on.

Also, the amount of gold/resources you bring to your Eternal Kingdom (or, possibly, to other Campaigns) after the Campaign is over depends on your success in that Campaign, and on how much you gathered and pillaged during fights.

There should be huge difference between wining and losing, or just kneeling to the victor.
     W...aaagh?
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Eternal Kingdoms are instanced. I don't think you'll be running from one player kingdom to the next. I don't think they have revealed how the player will be navigating from each EK or each ring (loading screens or open world tricks). I'd love to know as well.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    This game has so many spiritual themes. It incorporates many beliefs, and people who study occult will really relate to it. When I saw this game was using sigil's I was shocked. That is mostly reserved for people who practice Black magic. Can't wait to try it.

• Count_DirkoffCount_Dirkoff Member UncommonPosts: 11
    @ceratop001 There is no Black Magic in Crowfall.... Necromancy maybe, looting corpses definitely :).