Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Naval Content Expansion Coming to NA / EU in Q4 2016

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,127

imageNaval Content Expansion Coming to NA / EU in Q4 2016

Yesterday the Korean Black Desert Online team unveiled the naval content expansion and today there is great news for NA and EU players: The naval content update will be heading this way in Quarter 4 2016.

Read the full story here



¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


«1

Comments

  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    After playing Archeage this looks very.... unenthusiastic.

    Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 30,821


    After playing Archeage this looks very.... unenthusiastic.



    How so? It has rolling seas, explosions, sea monsters. What's the difference between the two games?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

    Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w


    Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

    Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

    Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 10,334
    edited July 2016
    The physics of the water in BDO are terrible and the combat looks boring. I'll wait for Sea of Thieves for decent real naval combat.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter
     
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Archeage naval combat and sea travel in general was epic... until they turned that in to the P2Gamble regrade mess it is.

    Not getting that same feel here. Can't wait to see what hax they can come up with to make boats fly super fast or shoot 1000 cannon balls in 1 press.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,771
    Looks like fun. I want more details about how it works and what you get out of participating in it, but I guess it's still a ways away.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Looks much better than Archeage.
    Just like the rest of the game does.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Sovrath said:


    After playing Archeage this looks very.... unenthusiastic.



    What's the difference between the two games?
    That is the point..at least for the naval section

    Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Recore said:
    Looks much better than Archeage.
    Just like the rest of the game does.
    Ummm...yeah ...welll BDO has far superior graphics than AA so of course it looks better....

    Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 30,821
    edited July 2016



    Sovrath said:





    After playing Archeage this looks very.... unenthusiastic.






    What's the difference between the two games?


    That is the point..at least for the naval section



    But what is the difference? I don't see how one is more "enthusiastic". Looking around at "like" videos I still don't see it. Go to 4':36 for the Archeage naval trailer. If anything I would say that "Daum" or whoever they are, "borrowed" a bit from the Archeage trailer with the showing of the leviathan (or whatever it's called) https://youtube.com/watch?v=h8vndOoqI7s
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

    Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w


    Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

    Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

    Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    I realize quite a few people are looking forward to this, however I feel this is somewhat premature. I would rather they spend their time polishing the node wars / sieges etc then to expand to naval battles. I feel like they are rapidly releasing content but are not properly editing their content for us.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 30,821
    Rictis said:
    I realize quite a few people are looking forward to this, however I feel this is somewhat premature. I would rather they spend their time polishing the node wars / sieges etc then to expand to naval battles. I feel like they are rapidly releasing content but are not properly editing their content for us.
    It's very possible that there are different teams that develop/test different parts of the game.

    One could very well be working on new content while others have the jobs of testing/refining what is there.

    That's my guess anyway.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

    Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w


    Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

    Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

    Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 30,821
    DMKano said:



    The physics of how the shis interact on AA with inertia, mass and speed all playing a part.

    You can customize a ship in AA to do massive damage by ramming other boats for example.

    Boat to boat collision is fully present as well as player to player collision - neither one exists currently in BDO.

    In BDO you can walk through other players, boats go through one another like they were made out of air.

    It's a night and day difference 


    Ok, that's at least a better explanation.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

    Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w


    Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

    Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

    Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    edited July 2016
    Sovrath said:
    Rictis said:
    I realize quite a few people are looking forward to this, however I feel this is somewhat premature. I would rather they spend their time polishing the node wars / sieges etc then to expand to naval battles. I feel like they are rapidly releasing content but are not properly editing their content for us.
    It's very possible that there are different teams that develop/test different parts of the game.

    One could very well be working on new content while others have the jobs of testing/refining what is there.

    That's my guess anyway.
    That is a good point, I feel that is likely the case. Having said that though I also feel that if that is the case then one team has a smaller budget then the other.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,720
    I didn't get that far into ArcheAge (thanks Trion and XLgames) so i can't compare them, but this looks very interesting. If they do it right i can see myself playing mmos more often again.




  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:



    The physics of how the shis interact on AA with inertia, mass and speed all playing a part.

    You can customize a ship in AA to do massive damage by ramming other boats for example.

    Boat to boat collision is fully present as well as player to player collision - neither one exists currently in BDO.

    In BDO you can walk through other players, boats go through one another like they were made out of air.

    It's a night and day difference 


    Ok, that's at least a better explanation.

    No one can claim to know anything in specific related to the physic in the naval expansion in BDO.  It is entirely possible that by the time this naval expansion is released in NA/EU all of those physics will be on par and just as viable in BDO, as they are in AA.  All talk regarding this expansion on this thread is based on baseless speculation and should not be taken as gospel.  The level of detail and professionalism BDO's game play mechanics to date have been top notch.  There is no reason to believe that the naval expansion will be any different.
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    New content is always a good sign and mostly appreciated.
     
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

    I find this behavior to be rude.



    Personal problem

  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Recore said:

    I find this behavior to be rude.


    Personal problem

    Ohh...ok...well... thanks for clarifying and admitting you have some problems, this is the 1st step to recovering from problems.

    Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

    DMKano said:



    Recore said:


    Looks much better than Archeage.


    Just like the rest of the game does.






    Not to me.



    AA has water nailed in a big way - you go into a river in AA and the current carries you and your boat.



    You go to a river in BDO and you just float in one place - the current is just an animation , no physics are there like in AA.



    In AA a ship that's heavier will sit deeper in the water and will be harder to manouver also the speed decreases with higher weight.



    Again Archeage did water and naval combat amazingly well









    Thanks for sharing but this looks better than Archeage.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Recore said:

    I find this behavior to be rude.


    Personal problem

    Ohh...ok...well... thanks for clarifying and admitting you have some problems, this is the 1st step to recovering from problems.



    How does it taste?
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 30,821
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:



    The physics of how the shis interact on AA with inertia, mass and speed all playing a part.

    You can customize a ship in AA to do massive damage by ramming other boats for example.

    Boat to boat collision is fully present as well as player to player collision - neither one exists currently in BDO.

    In BDO you can walk through other players, boats go through one another like they were made out of air.

    It's a night and day difference 


    Ok, that's at least a better explanation.

    No one can claim to know anything in specific related to the physic in the naval expansion in BDO.  It is entirely possible that by the time this naval expansion is released in NA/EU all of those physics will be on par and just as viable in BDO, as they are in AA.  All talk regarding this expansion on this thread is based on baseless speculation and should not be taken as gospel.  The level of detail and professionalism BDO's game play mechanics to date have been top notch.  There is no reason to believe that the naval expansion will be any different.
    That's very true but I was interested in "why" people were thinking this way. Personally I found the Black Desert Trailer rather exciting but others noted differences which caused them to think otherwise.


    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

    Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w


    Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

    Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

    Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DewulfDewulf Member UncommonPosts: 139
    edited July 2016
    Ship movement in bdo is shit. I was waiting for real galleons and instead we got freaking boats with cannons :( Also I'm 100% sure that the only way to customize ships is through pearl shop, just like it is for current ones. See all the normal sails etc.
  • RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 280

    DMKano said:









    Sovrath said:




    DMKano said:











    The physics of how the shis interact on AA with inertia, mass and speed all playing a part.

    You can customize a ship in AA to do massive damage by ramming other boats for example.

    Boat to boat collision is fully present as well as player to player collision - neither one exists currently in BDO.

    In BDO you can walk through other players, boats go through one another like they were made out of air.

    It's a night and day difference 






    Ok, that's at least a better explanation.





    No one can claim to know anything in specific related to the physic in the naval expansion in BDO.  It is entirely possible that by the time this naval expansion is released in NA/EU all of those physics will be on par and just as viable in BDO, as they are in AA.  All talk regarding this expansion on this thread is based on baseless speculation and should not be taken as gospel.  The level of detail and professionalism BDO's game play mechanics to date have been top notch.  There is no reason to believe that the naval expansion will be any different.






    I am talking current implementation in BDO - as in right now. The swim mechanics, the lack of currents and weight physics, lack of collision - I would be very surprised if they added player to player collison for example.



    Without player collision on boats in BD - you have this:



    This looks good to anyone? 





    LOL...that's not even an accurate representation.
  • RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
    DMKano said:
    Rhime said:

    DMKano said:









    Sovrath said:




    DMKano said:











    The physics of how the shis interact on AA with inertia, mass and speed all playing a part.

    You can customize a ship in AA to do massive damage by ramming other boats for example.

    Boat to boat collision is fully present as well as player to player collision - neither one exists currently in BDO.

    In BDO you can walk through other players, boats go through one another like they were made out of air.

    It's a night and day difference 






    Ok, that's at least a better explanation.





    No one can claim to know anything in specific related to the physic in the naval expansion in BDO.  It is entirely possible that by the time this naval expansion is released in NA/EU all of those physics will be on par and just as viable in BDO, as they are in AA.  All talk regarding this expansion on this thread is based on baseless speculation and should not be taken as gospel.  The level of detail and professionalism BDO's game play mechanics to date have been top notch.  There is no reason to believe that the naval expansion will be any different.






    I am talking current implementation in BDO - as in right now. The swim mechanics, the lack of currents and weight physics, lack of collision - I would be very surprised if they added player to player collison for example.



    Without player collision on boats in BD - you have this:



    This looks good to anyone? 





    LOL...that's not even an accurate representation.

    That's taken from BDO - they are hunting a whale  - how can something that is taken from the game itself not be an accurate representation of what I am talking about - which is lack of player to player collision detection - clearly it shows what it looks like to pile a bunch of players in a tight spot - they are all clipping through eachother.


    Whats player collision good for except for realistic representation? To me, its a only great way to grief someone, but maybe I am missing something. 
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 10,334
    DMKano said:
    Sovrath said:



    Sovrath said:





    After playing Archeage this looks very.... unenthusiastic.






    What's the difference between the two games?


    That is the point..at least for the naval section



    But what is the difference? I don't see how one is more "enthusiastic". Looking around at "like" videos I still don't see it. Go to 4':36 for the Archeage naval trailer. If anything I would say that "Daum" or whoever they are, "borrowed" a bit from the Archeage trailer with the showing of the leviathan (or whatever it's called) https://youtube.com/watch?v=h8vndOoqI7s


    The physics of how the shis interact on AA with inertia, mass and speed all playing a part.

    You can customize a ship in AA to do massive damage by ramming other boats for example.

    Boat to boat collision is fully present as well as player to player collision - neither one exists currently in BDO.

    In BDO you can walk through other players, boats go through one another like they were made out of air.

    It's a night and day difference 


    Yeah in AA you can do stuff like this xD



    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter
     
Sign In or Register to comment.