Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The PlayStation 4 Launch Day Interview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageThe PlayStation 4 Launch Day Interview

Neverwinter has hit the ground running with the release of the game on PlayStation 4. We had the chance to talk with Producer Ben Bascom about the move to PS4 and consoles in general. See what he had to say in our exclusive interview.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Sorry Cryptic but you gave up your solid fan base when you joined Perfect World Entertainment.
    WERD

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    The game isn't bad but PWE is a cash grab company.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited July 2016
    The interview is missing one question, Where is the keybinding option? L1+X to jump is a little bit way too inconvenient. I rather have X to jump and L1+X to interact/loot, but there are more button combinations they didn't even use.

• GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    You can say that about a lot of games under their umbrella; Star Trek Online, Champions Online, NWN, Forsaken World; lots of games.  They are fun until you get to the endgame, and you see that it is ruled by P2W.  And then when you calculate what it will cost to catch up... definitely takes the wind out of your sails.

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    The game looks like pc version and controller works fine. My only problem is f2p as I don't commit ever to f2p games.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    edited July 2016
    I have been having a great time in this. The lack of customization for the controller layout is a bit of a pain (finding it hard to play guardian when I have to press in L-stick to block and press again to unblock), but otherwise its running nicely.
  • huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

Sorry Cryptic but you gave up your solid fan base when you joined Perfect World Entertainment.

Ive played this game on the pc,and its great!!!! I was very impressed with the console version of the game. Im a HR by heart, but i decided to switch up and go Control Wizard. Its awkward. The game is smooth. I have to agree with everyone about this game is a cash grab in the endgame. They try to get you ad get you good. Wards and rubys are WAY OVER PRICED. No way in hell i would pay almost 75 dollars for Dragonborn or any other payable race. They have made this game fun again but at a price.

Edgar F Greenwood

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

Ive played this game on the pc,and its great!!!! I was very impressed with the console version of the game. Im a HR by heart, but i decided to switch up and go Control Wizard. Its awkward. The game is smooth. I have to agree with everyone about this game is a cash grab in the endgame. They try to get you ad get you good. Wards and rubys are WAY OVER PRICED. No way in hell i would pay almost 75 dollars for Dragonborn or any other payable race. They have made this game fun again but at a price.

I have noticed a lot of people on the net talking about how NWO becomes really p2w and grindy at level cap (or even from level 60-70). Its quite fun leveling atm with its Diabloesque dungeon runs and looting, but its a bit concerning if it just devolves into some kind of a cash grab toward level cap.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    GladDog said:
    You can say that about a lot of games under their umbrella; Star Trek Online, Champions Online, NWN, Forsaken World; lots of games.  They are fun until you get to the endgame, and you see that it is ruled by P2W.  And then when you calculate what it will cost to catch up... definitely takes the wind out of your sails.
    F2P games are exaclty what people asked for so its exactly what they got.  What most F2P people do is play the game up to the point where it costs them money to compete then quit and log into the next available F2P game and repeat.  The people with money area the ones getting F@cked by F2P games.  It now costs them 10x the money to compete at end game.
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    Yeah goboygo I think when I calculated it it came out to about 500$ + 100$ a month per expansion until geared after about 3 months. To play for free never catch up and gain current gear lvls in about 5 years lol, but then that's a bunch of expansions later so pretty much never
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    In all fairness though it is a fun game and was a good game for awhile
  • Charliff1966Charliff1966 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    I tried the game for a week (headstart) but the amount of lockboxes I was getting, which means buying keys for real money, and the coupons just made me realise that this game is not for me.