Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Guide] How to Play DF:UW Asia (F2P)

yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
Hello all, I've decided to write a guide on how to play the JP/KR version of Darkfall: Unholy Wars. Now that DFUW officially dead indefinitely, I want to tell you that you can actually still play the game in the Asia server, in English. I myself recently just got started playing around yesterday. Looks complicated but actually it's pretty simple.

So give it a shot!

Link to Guide:
http://df-uw.blogspot.com/2016/07/guide-how-to-play-darkfall-unholy-wars.html

I've also created new Discord in case you are interested in grouping together and start playing DF:UW F2P version.
https://discord.gg/ZcUcpqD
Will also provide help if anyone have problem in setting it up, if I'm online lol.

Any questions, feel free to ask =)

Comments

• celestialimmortalcelestialimmortal Member UncommonPosts: 27
    edited July 2016
    tell the asians to come play the TRUE darkfall on Rise of agon or New dawn. Not that watered down crap they call unholy wars
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    If only they had set up the game as f2p for the west!
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    tell the asians to come play the TRUE darkfall on Rise of agon or New dawn. Not that watered down crap they call unholy wars
    I don't know man.  I tried one of those and it feels archaic, compared to DFUW.  Pull up a video of DFUW prior to the shut down and then log into one of those DFO's...it's painful.

I will try that tonight OP.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Yep I knew DFUW was going to fail, they went from an original Sand Box game to another Korean Game, with Classes and skills just combine two classes to get them when they should have kept everything Dark Fall had to begin with, and only made improvements to the game, graphics, and engine.
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    There http://darkfall.mgame.jp/community/freeboard.html?mode=view&page=&idx=2922

Renoaku said:
    Yep I knew DFUW was going to fail, they went from an original Sand Box game to another Korean Game, with Classes and skills just combine two classes to get them when they should have kept everything Dark Fall had to begin with, and only made improvements to the game, graphics, and engine.
    What are you talking about. There are nothing such as "Combine two classes", there's no classes you are free to pick whatever

Mardukk said:
    I don't know man.  I tried one of those and it feels archaic, compared to DFUW.  Pull up a video of DFUW prior to the shut down and then log into one of those DFO's...it's painful.

I will try that tonight OP.
    I'm with Mardukk, I don't know, I just prefer DF:UW than DFO. I might be crazy O.o
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Renoaku said:
    No amount of changes to the original rule set, free for all full loot with no real consequences will work, and whatever consequences are put in place there is always a work around for them.  There simple isn't a successful First or third person free for all full loot PvP MMO on the market making any money and there hasn't ever really been one.

You cant ask people to invested 100's or 1000's of hours into a character that gets striped naked every-time he dies and removed from the playing field.   There just aren't enough people that think thats fun and immersive considering the time investment.

The original DF had a pile of players at launch because no one had any idea what a game like that would be like, it was an unknown, they bought it, they played it, they left it.  But now people know, so your NEVER going to have the full world a game like that needs to thrive.  ROA and ND will make there little changes, limp along maybe pay the bills like Adventurine but that's about it.  The rule set is still the same the outcome will be the same.

Mark my words.
  • yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    @goboygo looks like the game is too hardcore for you lol. Darkfall is a niche game and was never meant to be everyone's game
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Uh oh DFUW asia doesn't work with windows 10?  Not good.