Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beautiful Garbage

124»

Comments

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    p89989 said:
    p89989 said:
    p89989 said:
    DMKano said:

For example, Trion.  Compared to Trion, Daum is the best publisher ever.

Opinions vary.

Daum Korea is good.

Daum EU is terrible, far worse than any western publisher IMO
    Well, imo Daum is certainly better than Trion or NcWest.  By a huge margin.

Only publisher of an Eastern game I can think of that comes off as better is EnMasse for TERA.  But TERA never had the problems that Archeage, BDO or BnS had, so they were never really put to the test.

Daum has botched some things and they need to improve on things.  But at least they aren't blatant cash-grabbers.

Both Trion and NcWest botched at least as many things as Daum, and grabbed cash at every possible opportunity at the cost of the quality of the game.
    that $30 price tag they slapped on the front is already pretty cash grabby considering it's free to play everwhere else in the world. what else but to cash in on the hype that was generated out here in the west.
    There are some pretty key differences. 

- no item in the cash shop to increase chance of enchantment- this is available everywhere else
    - no selling items directly in the marketplace from the cash shop (they recently allowed dyes to be sold but it's not really possible to p2w with them).

So we're basically paying $30 for a less p2w version of the game.  Worth the price imo.

F2p games are almost forced to go p2w.  B2p games at least have some income revenue from new box sales.
    not all F2P games are P2W
    it's just the fact that someone out there can get the same experience as us (for better or for worse) for free. They never have to deal with an entry fee, they could jump ship at any time and jump back in at any time.
    Sure $30 is not much and the game is well worth it, but the fact that theres a free version out there and we can't play it without jumping through hoops just doesn't sit well with me.
    Does it affect me enjoying the game personally? kinda. 
    No, f2p are not literally FORCED to go p2w, but they usually do.  And the f2p versions of BDO are p2w, at least much more so than our version.
    but that doesn't rule out the possibiliy of what could have been a f2p version and be not p2w. thats what localization is, catering to the people of said localized region. Despite the other versions having more p2w items, their service is better than ours, and much better staffed in my opinion.
    It's kind of funny because before it was released here, everyone screamed we wanted a B2P version of the game, but nobody explained what they really wanted for their money.

Daum gave us less p2w.  To me that's fair.  But to be clear, B2P was wanted by most players, but a large margin.

Keep in mind there are numerous advantages to a B2P game, too.  No spammers, no people just spouting off because they don't give a F, overall the community is a higher caliber than f2p games I've played.
  • p89989p89989 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    edited July 2016
    It's kind of funny because before it was released here, everyone screamed we wanted a B2P version of the game, but nobody explained what they really wanted for their money.

Daum gave us less p2w.  To me that's fair.  But to be clear, B2P was wanted by most players, but a large margin.

Keep in mind there are numerous advantages to a B2P game, too.  No spammers, no people just spouting off because they don't give a F, overall the community is a higher caliber than f2p games I've played.
    why wouldn't the community vote for F2P but less P2W, why couldn't that have been an option?
    Also i wouldn't say no spammers...well before the recent ban waves certainly it's less, but still present more or less. As for community...it's not great nor bad, i've had my fair share with griefers and bad apples.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    I think it's probably worth $30 to not have shoulderpads the size of your legs.

Really? You think having oversized shoulderpads is silly when BDO has things like this...

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    Boring and clunky. Beautiful, but nothing new or exciting.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• NAERNAER Member UncommonPosts: 17
    edited July 2016
    The games pretty but that's kinda were the pros end the only PvE in this game is a never-ending grind. That is horrible and stale even the leveling process is just complete grind, the crafting is not needed and most ways to make money aren't nearly as profitable as simply grinding for hours. PvP is also extremely gear based, unbalanced and buggy. Only way i'd ever recommend a game like this to somebody is if they have A LOT of free time and money on their hands.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    edited July 2016
    The best collection of non combat things to do in an MMO currently.  Not going to win any awards with the  PvP crowd or the gear grinding themeparkers who want their hand held down a linear story path.
  • NAERNAER Member UncommonPosts: 17
    @Mardukk Which is weird considering the game was originally advertised as a PvP based game... 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Mardukk said:
    The best collection of non combat things to do in an MMO currently.  Not going to win any awards with the  PvP crowd or the gear grinding themeparkers who want their hand held down a linear story path.
    Noo , that recognition of most non combat things to do , would still go to UO easily
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    UO's still alive, too!  ...I think?
  • Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    NAER said:
    The games pretty but that's kinda were the pros end the only PvE in this game is a never-ending grind. That is horrible and stale even the leveling process is just complete grind, the crafting is not needed and most ways to make money aren't nearly as profitable as simply grinding for hours. PvP is also extremely gear based, unbalanced and buggy. Only way i'd ever recommend a game like this to somebody is if they have A LOT of free time and money on their hands.

What level does this never ending grind start ? Even better yet please explain how $30 dollars is a lot of money ?Perhaps if $30 for the 5 or 6 months of gamming is a lot of money I'd find someway to make more money and not have to worry about the cash
  • DajunkaDajunka Member UncommonPosts: 12

Beautiful popping garbage is about right.  I could never get into the game because you were always expecting the game to crash at any moment.  It feels as if the game is chugging along on a zima-frame.

It felt broken at launch and feels even more broken now.  Unfortunately I am one of the poor sods that fell for the hype and bought this beautiful garbage.

• DajunkaDajunka Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Dajunka said:

Beautiful popping garbage is about right.  I could never get into the game because you were always expecting the game to crash at any moment.  It feels as if the game is chugging along on a zima-frame.

Did you try to run it on a toaster ? Because on a real computer, it runs smoothly...
    Yes but it came with a popular label and guarantee, not to mention can brown, defrost and take six rounds of bread at a time.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Dajunka said:

Did you try to run it on a toaster ? Because on a real computer, it runs smoothly...
    The game could use some work in terms of optimisation, but, it does look amazing and for me runs smoothly even at 2560x1440, although i am only getting about 45 fps with graphics maxed out.
    It would be interesting to see how the game runs with a decent 1080 gpu, but, thats a bit beyond my means for the moment.
    For the moment, unless you have at least a quad core cpu running at 3.0ghz+ and a nvidia 970 or equivalent gpu at least, having one that has 4gb+ of DDR5(or better!) etc. then your probably not going to get the best out of the game. :o