Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not impressed

2»

Comments

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    *waits for Holden's commentary*
    Not much to say- guy can't get a trial key to work.  Can't wait more than 10 hours for a resolution.  The 6 usual guys foaming at the mouth for anything negative about the game jump on the thread.

Only real commentary is you guys trying to bash the game at any opportunity are getting really sad at this point.
    Come on Holden. It's a 2 way street. With regard to foaming at the mouth, I think you fit that description yourself when it comes to White Knighting for BDO. Not only that, I've seen you recently in other threads criticizing other games. While valid, the criticisms were your opinion. I can't even say I disagreed with them. But, when it comes to BDO, the rights and privileges to express opinions change. What makes you better, that you can criticize one game, and then criticize who ever criticizes BDO?
    The difference is I'm not stalking the other forums of games hell bent on saying something bad about the game any chance I get.

Nothing wrong with criticizing a game.  When you compulsively do it, like 6 guys on this forum do to BDO, then maybe you should reevaluate your life.
  • DeltoisDeltois Member UncommonPosts: 384
    Theres nothing deep, that's just what they want to believe, and they keep telling themselves that so now they believe it.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Comes down to two things. They will get this worked out and this will be an awesome game. Or it will be another Archeage. I would revisit when it's been out 12 months. They are taking longer then normal to get things worked out. 
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Not much to say- guy can't get a trial key to work.  Can't wait more than 10 hours for a resolution.  The 6 usual guys foaming at the mouth for anything negative about the game jump on the thread.

Only real commentary is you guys trying to bash the game at any opportunity are getting really sad at this point.
    Come on Holden. It's a 2 way street. With regard to foaming at the mouth, I think you fit that description yourself when it comes to White Knighting for BDO. Not only that, I've seen you recently in other threads criticizing other games. While valid, the criticisms were your opinion. I can't even say I disagreed with them. But, when it comes to BDO, the rights and privileges to express opinions change. What makes you better, that you can criticize one game, and then criticize who ever criticizes BDO?
    The difference is I'm not stalking the other forums of games hell bent on saying something bad about the game any chance I get.

Nothing wrong with criticizing a game.  When you compulsively do it, like 6 guys on this forum do to BDO, then maybe you should reevaluate your life.
    So the difference is in degree? That's mighty subjective as well as convenient. Who gets to make that judgement? You?
  • RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283
    mortality said:
    mortality said:

Oh they got back to me, apparently the key I got yesterday from MMORPG.com yesterday, has expired, that was a quick 7 days...

I have played a lot of games from beta to ones that have been out for years and always try to be objective, but this one is so unpolished that a given key doesn't work, forums don't communicate issues and problems are not getting solved.

Why do I need to wait 2 days for a GM/Dev to tell me I need to use paypal instead of a credit card?

Bad business practices, clearly the keys were given to bring in new players, if the keys don't work people will go, sod it and find another game that actually works as it should.

Edit: Also I'm not a guy...
    Well, m'lady, I'd suggest that you do in fact sod it and find a different game.  BDO doesn't hold your hand and based on the level of frustration you've experienced before even starting the game, I kind of doubt you'll have a very good time with it.

Reading all the other comments about the game above, I will certainly say sod it and take my cash elsewhere, after all if they cant get the basics right the games not going to be worth my attention.

I'm not sure what the "basics" that you're going on about are...I've been playing since day one and as a veteran player, can say the combat is refreshing and challenging, graphics are quite stunning and the amount to do in the game is mind blowing. If this is your "basics" then pony up the $30 and come try for yourself.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    yeah yeah ... thats the first sign of BREXIT ;) ... UK needs their own servers now ... EU / US / UK :P  ... and if you are not even from there ... then just feel informed :pleased:

If I knew we would get separate UK servers for all games, I would have voted LEAVE haha :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

edited July 2016

So the difference is in degree? That's mighty subjective as well as convenient. Who gets to make that judgement? You?
    Yes the difference is degree.  And yes I make that judgement because this is my opinion.

If i go to a thread in WoW about it's quest design and say it's a boring themepark, that's fine.  If I post in EVERY SINGLE THREAD that appears in the WoW forum, regardless of content, that it's a boring themepark, then I'd be basically insane- like these 6 guys are.

Not to mention these guys can't type in complete sentences, are incredibly uniformed about BDO, and just generally rotten kids it seems.

People are obviously free to do whatever they want, but you literally cannot talk about BDO on this forum because of these guys.  MMORPG.com is the only forum with this problem, and it's because of like 6 guys.

Cheyane posted in another thread that she doesn't want to make a new thread about her experiences playing the game for it's subsystems and just enjoying all it has to offer without worrying about endgame because she didn't want to get flamed to hell by these guys.  It's a legitimate concern and I'm sure they would've flamed her thread.

I understand why you don't see a problem here.  You are interested in BDO but your computer can't run it, so you want the game to be bad.  Any criticism validates your decision not to upgrade and try it.
    Rhoklaw said:

The only thing that needs reevaluation is DAUM and BDO giving me a $300 refund. However, since they didn't, I have every right to complain about how horrible the game is and how stupid the companies behind it are. No offense to you Holden, since you enjoy the game. I just feel obligated to punch holes in an already sinking ship because I paid for that right.
    Well, I at least understand that motivation.  I've felt burned by MMOs before and unleashed some forum fury for a month or two afterward, most notably on Archeage in this forum.

But at least you can speak English, are informed about the game, and make points relevant to the topic.  And I don't see you in literally every single thread about the game, either.

These kids weren't burned- they're just bored and they spam up the forums.
  • ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292

Pretty simple really. As someone who mainly visits the forum to read up things and has been a part of it for years I have seen this behavior many times. Holden apparently enjoys the game which is good for them. With that in mind, I would expect to someone like them here in this forum because they are engaging the game and playing it. They would come here to give thoughts about certain aspects since they are experiencing in the present frame of sense.

Others who are posting negative comments have a different story. It's one thing to play the game,not enjoy it and put up a review or answer some questions on the cons they found in the game. It's another to come to the forum of a game you are not playing, have no intention of playing any longer only to jump up and down about how the game is "trash", "waste of money", etc. This type of feedback is unproductive as it is. It gives no real depth and is generalizing at the fullest.

Basically when one is done with a game why visit the forum so often as I have seen some of these posters do? It is pointless except for a simple goal of tearing something down just because they didn't enjoy it. We all will not enjoy the same thing. That is human nature. But why continue in this fashion as if seeking to drive someone else away when they should experience it for themselves? Why even care? Your experience isn't belonging to someone else. You are not the same person.

At some point one needs to move on. Continuing in said fashion is simply silly. Granted it's the internet and it is not like we should expect too much from such a media form.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited July 2016

Yes the difference is degree.  And yes I make that judgement because this is my opinion.

If i go to a thread in WoW about it's quest design and say it's a boring themepark, that's fine.  If I post in EVERY SINGLE THREAD that appears in the WoW forum, regardless of content, that it's a boring themepark, then I'd be basically insane- like these 6 guys are.

Not to mention these guys can't type in complete sentences, are incredibly uniformed about BDO, and just generally rotten kids it seems.

People are obviously free to do whatever they want, but you literally cannot talk about BDO on this forum because of these guys.  MMORPG.com is the only forum with this problem, and it's because of like 6 guys.

Cheyane posted in another thread that she doesn't want to make a new thread about her experiences playing the game for it's subsystems and just enjoying all it has to offer without worrying about endgame because she didn't want to get flamed to hell by these guys.  It's a legitimate concern and I'm sure they would've flamed her thread.

I understand why you don't see a problem here.  You are interested in BDO but your computer can't run it, so you want the game to be bad.  Any criticism validates your decision not to upgrade and try it.
    No, I checked, I can run this game on reasonable settings. I meet the recommended requirements. I only assumed I coudn't early on due to the beautiful graphics. Sure, I am curious. But the last 2 times I was on the fence like this, was GW2:HoT and ESO. Regretted both purchases.

I'm a patient person, I don't need this game now. If it's still around and not a ghost town next year, I'll play it.

As for the previous statement. Your opinion is not what I am talking about. It's that you deem to feel it's fine to carry one opinion to an extreme, but cannot deal with an equal and opposite one expressed from anyone else. You jump on that person's opinion and try to make it seem inappropriate.

BTW, I can respect your opinion on this game. Just that you don't seem to respect other's who's opinion disagrees with your own. It's one thing to challenge the expressed opinion for what it is, but you are trying to "shame" posters into silence. Holden, WTF do you expect from people when you post such a heavily one sided opinion?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Zhauric said:

Pretty simple really. As someone who mainly visits the forum to read up things and has been a part of it for years I have seen this behavior many times. Holden apparently enjoys the game which is good for them. With that in mind, I would expect to someone like them here in this forum because they are engaging the game and playing it. They would come here to give thoughts about certain aspects since they are experiencing in the present frame of sense.

Others who are posting negative comments have a different story. It's one thing to play the game,not enjoy it and put up a review or answer some questions on the cons they found in the game. It's another to come to the forum of a game you are not playing, have no intention of playing any longer only to jump up and down about how the game is "trash", "waste of money", etc. This type of feedback is unproductive as it is. It gives no real depth and is generalizing at the fullest.

Basically when one is done with a game why visit the forum so often as I have seen some of these posters do? It is pointless except for a simple goal of tearing something down just because they didn't enjoy it. We all will not enjoy the same thing. That is human nature. But why continue in this fashion as if seeking to drive someone else away when they should experience it for themselves? Why even care? Your experience isn't belonging to someone else. You are not the same person.

At some point one needs to move on. Continuing in said fashion is simply silly. Granted it's the internet and it is not like we should expect too much from such a media form.

New to internet forums? Behaviour you descibe is part of forum PVP, arguing for arguments sake, or to just prove the other person is "wrong."

It's not necessarily sensible, but it is entertainment which is why they do it. Heck, getting others riled up is likely a primary goal and they consider it a win every time someone decries their behaviour. (+200 pts if they get on someone's block list)

Griefing doesn't only occur in MMOs you know. ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,168
    Every game here has "one of those" and they are all tend to over defend their position and attack anyone who has an issue or is critical of a particular aspect of a game or glaring bug. They tend to think everything is just fine even though 99.999% of the rest of the playerbase might have an issues with said bug and you are all idiots for complaining because the game is perfect.

You tried the game for 7 days and didn't like it and want to talk about your experience? Well don't discuss the issues you might have with the game in the ->correct forum<- here because god forbid someone might actually read it and decide the game isn't for them before they throw money at it. You're just trollin.

Oh you you found something broken in the game and want to talk about it; again in the correct forum? You are a hater and just trolling, or you don't even play the game.

I just blocked that person since it's always the same rhetoric and it is pointless to argue with someone like that.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Scorchien said:
    mortality said:

Oh they got back to me, apparently the key I got yesterday from MMORPG.com yesterday, has expired, that was a quick 7 days...

I have played a lot of games from beta to ones that have been out for years and always try to be objective, but this one is so unpolished that a given key doesn't work, forums don't communicate issues and problems are not getting solved.

Why do I need to wait 2 days for a GM/Dev to tell me I need to use paypal instead of a credit card?

Bad business practices, clearly the keys were given to bring in new players, if the keys don't work people will go, sod it and find another game that actually works as it should.

Edit: Also I'm not a guy...
    Well, m'lady, I'd suggest that you do in fact sod it and find a different game.  BDO doesn't hold your hand and based on the level of frustration you've experienced before even starting the game, I kind of doubt you'll have a very good time with it.
    Plz reiterate and enlighten us on How BDO doesnt hold your hand ...

I mean if you like you can leave out the part .....

Where the giant Glowy Trail leads you directly to every Quest Objecive ..

You can leave out the part Where there are Giant Orange circles on the map showing you where to go ...

You can leave out the part with the 6 giant different multi colored Icons over NPC heads telling you what each one does ...

You can leave out the part that says Horse .......   !PARKING!

You can leave out the part where pets loot everything for you ....

You can leave out the part where NPC farm all your mats and craft for you ....

You can leave .......................ohh F it nv/m
    1. Will you compulsive critics of BDO please learn how to type using the English language?  Thanks.

2. BDO was just criticized in another thread today because someone was complaining that he had to look up things online all the time.  It's an incredibly deep and complex game with tons of intricacies.

But yes, for you guys and gals with extreme ADD, this game is just going to be annoying as hell and you'll never wrap your little heads around it.
    Insulting the intelligence and attention span of your critics only means you have no good arguments against them. Also honestly your obsessive need to overly white knight every post on this website about BDO and stalk them to make sure people agree with you is as sad as them stalking the game. BDO's critics do have some points you should perhaps give some thought to, yourself because you certainly don't see things from a clear point of view.
  • VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414
    This thread is more about discussing how people are discussing the game and less about...actually discussing the game...Locking it.
    To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.