Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the 'Magic' that Makes a Good Game?

13»

Comments

• itstimetostopitstimetostop Member UncommonPosts: 2
    @blueturtle13

For me it's all about the PvP
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    Now, taking the thread in an obvious direction:

Is "the Magic" possible to recover?

Explain the shorter and shorter period of infatuation for each new "partner."
  • GainsNGamesGainsNGames Member UncommonPosts: 107
    For me it's immersion. I game that can truly immerse me into the world. Morrowind was one such game and  so  was vanilla WOW. Just exploring every part of the world and the excitement of what new adventures might lie ahead of me,  just up that road or over that hill.
  • OfficerFriendlyEQ2OfficerFriendlyEQ2 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Fear with adventure
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Now, taking the thread in an obvious direction:

Is "the Magic" possible to recover?

Explain the shorter and shorter period of infatuation for each new "partner."
    I don't think the same "magic" can be recaptured. Once you've experienced it for a while, it is gone and becomes nostalgia. Playing remake is feeding into one's nostalgia instead of creating "magic".
  • vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    edited July 2016
    For me it's the people you play with.  I can enjoy any game as long I can find like minded people that genuinely enjoy playing with each other and is willing to try and do anything with each other.  That's the magic of MMORPGs to me.

It's really easier said than done though.  These days, people are all about themselves.  What they want, what they have to do.  They don't get want they want fast enough, they bolt.  It's sad really.  I really wish my RL friends play MMORPGs again.