Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Police Blocking Off Streets For Pokemon Go Territory Battles

Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499

Comments

• XxPriestxXXxPriestxX Member UncommonPosts: 133
    No.... the 2 grown men there don't look shady or out of place at all. Wonder how many missing children have been caused by this game so far...
    Trolling, being trolled, getting banned, yelling at mods, getting perma banned, making new accounts, and still trolling this site since 2004 =D
  • whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    That mustache. reminds me of that trader mustache in Fable 1.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Hey isnt that black guy the guy from Storage Wars?
  • KilmaulKilmaul Member UncommonPosts: 121
    No.... the 2 grown men there don't look shady or out of place at all. Wonder how many missing children have been caused by this game so far...
    Shady, yes. Out of place, not really.  Where else would you expect a bunch of pedo-bears to be other than around a bunch of kids.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    I also think teachers are really shady, and out of place. Why would a grown adult want to be surrounded by a classroom of kids or teens? Yeah you can say they are teaching them, but really teachers that teach kids (not college professors) are a bunch of pedo-bears that like little kids.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• ECGangelECGangel Member UncommonPosts: 39
    anyone notice @7:09 how the 2 chicks near tubby just drift away like saying `we dont know this fool` as soon as he starts um.....dancing?
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Just looking at this place filled with people and all of them looking down at a tiny screen. Yeah, "we talk to strangers all the time" but only until the next Poke shows up! And the new thing I call the Poke Walk with people shuffling along like zombies in the Walking Dead. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618
    How odd. It's like some people don't realize that lots of adults out there grew up playing games and never stopped. Plenty of others picked it up when it became available. Me personally, I've seen it go from an arcade cabinet Pong game, to large arcades, to handhelds, and now smart phones. I started playing them back then, and I'm going to playing them until I'm dead. I've happily introduced my daughter to them, and she'll probably do the same. 
    Sure kids are more likely to pick up the new stuff, to them it's all new and they haven't built up decades of habits and prejudices, but there are still plenty of adults who keep an open mind. 
    So next time you see an adult playing a game and start thinking "pedo", realize that you too will be that category soon enough, if you aren't already.

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    edited July 2016
    Didn't bother to watch the video because pokemon does not deserve the time of any adult, but if police are really expending resources for this or any other video game then imo there ought to be a fee that goes directly to paying for police services levied on the game developers.  The developers can then pass the fees down to their players if they so desire.

Police have better things to be doing.

PS i hope the developers get the shit sued out of them every time some player gets run over.  Not by sued by the player that was stupid enough to get run over, but by the person that went thru the trauma and expense of hitting him.  
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    PG will be the new eSport, mark my words
    Dvora said:
    Yes... like rounding up people that are far too old to be hanging out in groups of children, wearing clothes that would make Richard Simmons proud, playing a game with a mechanic called a 'lure'.
    Trolling, being trolled, getting banned, yelling at mods, getting perma banned, making new accounts, and still trolling this site since 2004 =D
    Dvora said:
    Yes... like rounding up people that are far too old to be hanging out in groups of children, wearing clothes that would make Richard Simmons proud, playing a game with a mechanic called a 'lure'.
    That will be one of the few upsides of this game, it may draw some pervs into the open.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited July 2016
    I'm sure the line "Hey kids, I know where some super rare pokemon are, follow me" has been used pretty often thanks to this game...Even one of the guys in the video admitted that he likes going up to strangers and asking them to take him places.
  • psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I wonder if some of the kids considered this physical education
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Lotta haters up in here :-(
    Pokemon is for everymon!
    Adults and kids alike, just because you like kid things doesn't make you weird. Most of the anime we all watch is made for ages 13+
    I wonder if some of the kids considered this physical education
    The ones that did haven't been found yet.
    Pokemon is for everymon!
    Adults and kids alike, just because you like kid things doesn't make you weird. Most of the anime we all watch is made for ages 13+
    Speak for yourself anime watcher!  jk... but there is anime and then there is pokemon.  fluffy looking monsters are for kids.
    edited July 2016
    Pokemon is for everymon!
    I don't hate Pokemon Go. I hate the way that social responsibility is being thrown out the window because the game trumps the real world. The real world is being patient at the moment, but as more fall off cliffs, walk into busy thoroughfares, as more crowds block off streets, parks and playgrounds from the larger non-gaming portion of humanity, the more it will end  badly. While the stories of people coming together are pretty neat, the bad examples and the dark side of the game show that humanity is not ready for this technology.

These AR games, whole world games, etc. need boundaries, both from developers and from players themselves. The flipping real world takes precedence over the "augmented" world. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:
    Pokemon is for everymon!
    I don't hate Pokemon Go. I hate the way that social responsibility is being thrown out the window because the game trumps the real world. The real world is being patient at the moment, but as more fall off cliffs, walk into busy thoroughfares, crowds block off streets, parks and playgrounds from the larger non-gaming portion of humanity, the more it will end  badly. 

These AR games, whole world games, etc. need boundaries, both from developers and from players themselves. The flipping real world takes precedence over the "augmented" world. 

Holy crap! I agreed with Suzie XD
    edited July 2016
    Rhoklaw said:
    SBFord said:
    Just looking at this place filled with people and all of them looking down at a tiny screen. Yeah, "we talk to strangers all the time" but only until the next Poke shows up! And the new thing I call the Poke Walk with people shuffling along like zombies in the Walking Dead. :D
    I'll be 44 this year and I've spent a majority of my years gaming. To be honest, I normally can't stand mobile phone games and have focused solely on playing RPGs or MMOs. Pokemon Go is the only mobile game that I can call a step in the right direction. You certainly won't force people to go outside and get some exercise, so I see this as a breakthrough in healthy gaming. I also agree it adds a lot of elements of danger with people falling off cliffs? or causing automobile accidents. However, much like I can't stand people who say guns kill people, I'd have to say this is definitely not a game that kills people. If you are a parent that allows your child to have a smart phone at the age of 8 or 9, but refuse to actually be a parent and something bad happens. Is it the fault of the game or the parent? Ok, I think I've rambled on into too many directions.
    I don't blame the game in any way, shape or form. I put the blame squarely on the players who are, for the most part, so engrossed in their own self-gratification that they forget that there are ways they should not behave, laws and customs they must observe, places they should not go, etc. The bigger, wider, REAL world is more important than AR no matter how many people get up off their duffs to play it. 
    Post edited by SBFord on

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    This is all that Pokemon Go really is, 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Or this...

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    LIOKI said:
    A sad and pathetic truth. :/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    edited July 2016
    SBFord said:
    Pokemon is for everymon!
    I don't hate Pokemon Go. I hate the way that social responsibility is being thrown out the window because the game trumps the real world. The real world is being patient at the moment, but as more fall off cliffs, walk into busy thoroughfares, as more crowds block off streets, parks and playgrounds from the larger non-gaming portion of humanity, the more it will end  badly. While the stories of people coming together are pretty neat, the bad examples and the dark side of the game show that humanity is not ready for this technology.

The part where you say these games need boundaries I totally agree on. They never should be placing things for gamers to go after on peoples private property. All the pokestops and pokemon should be contained to public areas. 

edit: Unless a business or resident pays to have their location a poke stop or spawner, which can be done...