Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mute for 10 years/ pernamnent ban

sddfgsddfg Member UncommonPosts: 2
I think the mute for 10 years is a bit over the top, im pretty sure youll learn your lesson if you were banned for a month compared to being muted for 10 years. Im muted for ten year. :/
superangel8877IAmDramaCrazieragdon67Putrefee

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • FomaldehydeJimFomaldehydeJim Member UncommonPosts: 673
    I have to ask, what did you do? 
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

No sympathy too, but I'm surprised that they even think their game will be around for that long :P

Must be a cup half full bunch when there is not even a drop of water in the cup

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882

It's a game for children. If a middle-aged man can't control his language when with children, then I think permanent ban from chatting in-game is too lenient action.

garry214trdsfPhry

• barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618

I too am dying to know how you earned a 10 year mute. 

But at least it's a mute, instead of a ban, you can still play the game. 

Hmmmmm.... That kind of penalty implies it was a verbal/textual thing only. Extensive profanity? Threats? Smack talking above and beyond any level of sensibility? Still, ten years... Wow! 

IAmDramaCrazie

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    10 years seems rather silly, a year or permamute would make sense but do they really think the game even will be up in 2025? 
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882

EDIT: Sorry, I tried to edit my post not make a new post /EDIT

• MightykingMightyking Member UncommonPosts: 235
    Would you want someone to speak up after you have forcefully kept him silent for 10 years would be my question. :)
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Note that the OP doesn't even deny that he deserved a ban and he himself suggests that the offense is worth at least a month of being muted.

Keep him muted, I say.

Harbinger of Fools
  • Moguy3Moguy3 Member UncommonPosts: 70

I copied and pasted this from NUMEROUS posts on their website.

<td padding0="" verticalbottom"="">
    Re: Muted for ten years

You have proven to us that you cannot interact with other players in a safe way, and we have chosen to remove your chat privileges instead of permanently banning you from playing Wizard101 at all.

Your actions have consequences, both in real life and in online life. This is a valuable lesson for you - you knew you were breaking the rules, and now you're paying the price. 

I'm sorry you feel this is unfair, however due to the egregiousness of your inappropriate chat, we felt it was necessary to remove your ability to chat to protect our other players. You are welcome to continue playing, but you have proven you cannot be trusted with chat privileges.

UngoodPhryZoeMcCloskeyPutrefee
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    Good heavens what have you done  image

• IssieaIssiea Member Posts: 75

I'm sure you would've gotten some kind of warning first?  Or the offense so bad that it constituted a ban that long....

I'm curious too as to what it could've been but my guess is they would have a lower tolerance towards players in that game due to so many children playing it. 

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Moguy3

You have proven to us that you cannot interact with other players in a safe way, and we have chosen to remove your chat privileges instead of permanently banning you from playing Wizard101 at all.

Your actions have consequences, both in real life and in online life. This is a valuable lesson for you - you knew you were breaking the rules, and now you're paying the price. 

I'm sorry you feel this is unfair, however due to the egregiousness of your inappropriate chat, we felt it was necessary to remove your ability to chat to protect our other players. You are welcome to continue playing, but you have proven you cannot be trusted with chat privileges.

Anybody getting hit with that kind of ban, needs to seriously consider why they were banned, and perhaps seek counselling for inappropriate behaviour. image

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It is even more silly when you realize how much the kids are cheating the chat system with what would be deemed illegal chat and wiz 101 does nothing about it.The children i would say EASILY outweigh any adult language problems,they simply know how to get around it and do.I would  also garner a bet that Kings ISle KNOWS the children are getting around chat,which makes it all the worse.So much for a safe environment.

The other problem i have is we always see VAGUE phrases like "to protect the other players".They use phrases like that because it sounds better,like the are doing the world some good.The reality that might make them look good but truth is often times they are simply protecting THEMSELVES and their business from something as a simple as negative information about their operation.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Moguy3 said:

Glorious. I love it! Wish more games handled douche-baggery this way

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    well this game is filled with kids, so i guess if he went off the deep end multiple times, they gotta be protective a bit more than another type of mmo such as darkfall or sth

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Not serious enough to ban but serious enough to be a reminder for as long as you play the game.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• teodor16082001teodor16082001 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    @teodor16082001
    This is unacceptable.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Dakeru said:

Note that the OP doesn't even deny that he deserved a ban and he himself suggests that the offense is worth at least a month of being muted.

Keep him muted, I say.

So the criminals get to decide what their punishment will be now?
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    waynejr2 said:
    Dakeru said:

Keep him muted, I say.

So the criminals get to decide what their punishment will be now?
    I have no idea why you quote a year old post by me.
    Especially because obviously you didn't even understood what I actually said.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • XxPriestxXXxPriestxX Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Moguy3 said:

Are these guys just blind to the internet? Or couldn't they be bothered to learn to code a chat filter? Sure, OP likely deserved something, but that something likely could have been avoided with non-lazy developers.
    Trolling, being trolled, getting banned, yelling at mods, getting perma banned, making new accounts, and still trolling this site since 2004 =D
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Surprised they did not call the police on you ya dirty old man.
  • barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Moguy3 said:

Are these guys just blind to the internet? Or couldn't they be bothered to learn to code a chat filter? Sure, OP likely deserved something, but that something likely could have been avoided with non-lazy developers.
    Hate to tell you, but chat filters aren't very good, especially when multiple languages might be involved. The more you widen the scope of what will be filtered, especially to take into account attempts to get around it with alternate spellings, the more it interferes with normal conversations. Then when you start adding in other languages, it gets insane!  

On another game that has an automated warning system, a friend of mine got a ban warning when he told someone, "Hang on and wait right there, I'll be there in a moment to help.". 
    To this day, we still have no idea what triggered the system, and that wasn't even one of the most restrictive ones I've seen.

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...

• XxPriestxXXxPriestxX Member UncommonPosts: 133
    barasawa said:
    Moguy3 said:

Hate to tell you, but chat filters aren't very good, especially when multiple languages might be involved. The more you widen the scope of what will be filtered, especially to take into account attempts to get around it with alternate spellings, the more it interferes with normal conversations. Then when you start adding in other languages, it gets insane!  

On another game that has an automated warning system, a friend of mine got a ban warning when he told someone, "Hang on and wait right there, I'll be there in a moment to help.". 
    To this day, we still have no idea what triggered the system, and that wasn't even one of the most restrictive ones I've seen.
    Hmm... well, easy fix would be for any online game to carry an M rating. We all know even the most innocent looking site could be a nightmare for children... just like we've all heard the things kids are already saying on the playgrounds at schools these days. It's not going to stop because some crappy game moderators take it upon themselves to be the chat police, it just alienates your users at the other end of the spectrum. Especially when you want to cater to the ones that have to ask for the credit card as opposed to those that OWN the credit card =P
    Trolling, being trolled, getting banned, yelling at mods, getting perma banned, making new accounts, and still trolling this site since 2004 =D
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    edited July 2016
    Here is my issue, while this could be a very serious issue, the response from KI is generic template response given to players who receive a chat ban.  I have seen this response from Ki from many, many people when they get a chat ban, including my cousin.  You can find these on wizard101 central all the time.   My cousin received a similar ban for telling another player he was a funking liar and got the same worded template . ( he did use funk and not the other word)  KI deemed his response to be an attack even though the other player lied and tried to discredit him in open chat.  A claim which the transcript proved.  Rather than accept the ban, he fought them and got the same generic template responses.  He got his credit card company and the better business bureau in Austin Texas involved. He also showed how KI seemed to ignore other posts which violated rules where no disciplinary actions were taken.  After this happened, he sent them a nice email and they gave him his full account status back.  My point is sometimes things aren't always what they appear to be.  This case here may or may not be a serious issue.