Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pokémon Go developer says ads are coming, and shops are already luring gamers in

Comments

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Now they can herd people around in the most profitable way possible.  I think the zombie apocalypse is happening right in front of me, but who would of thought it would be so profitable?
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Mobile data game with ads. That's not good. 
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Yea this game really needs content.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Adds? Yeah more than that is coming. Sponsored high quality gyms that you must buy a product from irl to use, special pokemon given for buying rl goods.

Yeah lube up kids, you cant expect to make a fascist popular and rich and not expect them to start milking you dry as thanks.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I dont play it much as it is but once ads starting popping up on my screen or am urged to buy a sponsored product is when I will be uninstalling. Surely they are already making tons of money off of their shop items without the need to do this crap.
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

This craze is the beginning of games/aps that direct players/users to a variety of stores/locales that upon arrival entice players/users to interact with items/objects in the store that ultimately entice the player/user to spend money at the location.  Expect a glutton of similar applications to be released soon that will target adults based on shopping behavior/metrics tailored to the individual and specific groups.     
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    SlyLoK said:
    I dont play it much as it is but once ads starting popping up on my screen or am urged to buy a sponsored product is when I will be uninstalling. Surely they are already making tons of money off of their shop items without the need to do this crap.
    Don't lie.  You will be buying all kinds of stuff.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    filmoret said:
    SlyLoK said:
    Don't lie.  You will be buying all kinds of stuff.
    Not a chance.
  • XxPriestxXXxPriestxX Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Ad sponsored by Big Gay Al:

Hi Kids, would you like to get your hands on some nice little furry creatures to play with? Well look no further! Big Gay Al's has just what you need. Come on in, oil yourself up, and play with your pokeballs the way they were meant to be played with, all for just a $5 cover charge.
    Trolling, being trolled, getting banned, yelling at mods, getting perma banned, making new accounts, and still trolling this site since 2004 =D
  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    Ad sponsored by Big Gay Al:

Hi Kids, would you like to get your hands on some nice little furry creatures to play with? Well look no further! Big Gay Al's has just what you need. Come on in, oil yourself up, and play with your pokeballs the way they were meant to be played with, all for just a $5 cover charge.
    How long before South Park makes fun of this, I bet its in the making already lol... 
  • joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    If any add ever pops up when I play this game. will be the day I uninstall it.  It's already making millions per day, adding adds will just show they don't give a crap about the community.
  • BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    ...ads?  This article is deliberately misleading.  Places will be able to pay to become pokestops.  More pokestops is a good thing for players.

http://www.imore.com/pokemon-go-will-soon-get-sponsored-pokestops
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Sounds fine to me,  the money doesn't really come from the players, and companies are hedging that they'll be able to bring customers in based on having a pokestop.. maybe with chances for rarer pokemon,  I don't really care either way.. it doesn't diminish the game any.

As for it not being AR and more of a GPS game...  it's both...  the AR isn't necessary, but the AR is fun, and .. if you're actually a higher level, using AR is pretty much necessary if you're trying to catch high level pokemon with great balls and berries -- the curve balls don't work well with AR off.