Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closed Beta Delayed Slightly

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616

imageClosed Beta Delayed Slightly

Due to player feedback, Artix Entertainment has announced that the start of the Adventure Quest 3D closed beta will be delayed slightly to July 26th. During the closed beta, players will be able to take part in 11 new dungeons with several new features as well. Artix is hoping that this will be "the shortest closed beta ever" and anticipates that open beta will begin from 1 to 7 days later.

Read the full story here

Comments

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    edited July 2016
    the game is pretty bad right now, i had no idea it was so close to open release. Maybe it will go over better on mobile? Having played it it's safe to say its primarily being developed for mobile.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

fascism said:

the game is pretty bad right now, i had no idea it was so close to open release. Maybe it will go over better on mobile? Having played it it's safe to say its primarily being developed for mobile.

I wouldn't say that at all. I found I quite liked the style and it had solid game play. It still needs work but it's in early access so much will yet be introduced.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 736
    I played it and it is very bare bones. The combat is incredibly clunky and feels wrong on so many levels. Let's hope it changes because the adventure quest IP is awesome in its own right with funny quirks that cannot fail to spark some humour while also having some good storylines & loot
    edited July 2016

SBFord said:

fascism said:

I wouldn't say that at all. I found I quite liked the style and it had solid game play. It still needs work but it's in early access so much will yet be introduced.

i just hate to see a lazy pc version of a mobile game. Maybe they will work on the UI, menus ect. but I dont have my hopes up for that. Compared to other mmos on mobile im sure it stacks up fine.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    fascism said:

SBFord said:

fascism said:

i just hate to see a lazy pc version of a mobile game. Maybe they will work on the UI, menus ect. but I dont have my hopes up for that. Compared to other mmos on mobile im sure it stacks up fine.
    It was built from the ground up to be a true cross platform game for mobile and PC. It wasn't supposed to be Black Desert or it never would have been able to be played on anything but PC.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

edited July 2016

SBFord said:

fascism said:

SBFord said:

fascism said:

It was built from the ground up to be a true cross platform game for mobile and PC. It wasn't supposed to be Black Desert or it never would have been able to be played on anything but PC.

im talking about the menus and UI. Those were not designed for pc. Its just a typical mobile rpg ui labeled with hot keys. the menu slides out from the side of the screen and you cant open multiple windows for anything despite 75% of the screen being empty. Thats all im talking about. Thats not my opinion, that part of the game was designed for a mobile device with a small screen. it looks and feels bad on a PC, that part is my opinion.