Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The website is up

1235»

Comments

• FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
    edited July 2016
    Looks like it's still mostly a cesspool of cynicism and misinformation about CoE being passed around on this site.  Makes having a discussion about it here pointless, really.  You could copy and paste some of the negative paragraphs directly into the Star Citizen forum and you probably wouldn't be able to tell they were posted here originally.  What a waste ... oh well.
    I think the reason for this is that the information on the site needs to be organised and updated.  I read the information in the forums and it's often said, yes that was said 6 or 8 months ago but... then they quote a conversation recently given that was never posted as an official update.  They really need to put the latest information in one place.  Or you would have to constantly read every conversation written down by their staff at the time in the forums, in irc, and other locations, which most won't do.  When was the last time their Q&A was updated?
    It seems pretty well organized now with most of the important info easily accessible:
    The Wiki is regularly updated: http://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Chronicles_of_Elyria_Wiki
    and they improved their dev tracker on the forums.

It's probably impossible to have all tidbits of information concerning CoE in one place though, it would require a lot of resources to maintain it for little benefits.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Vucar said:
    Looks like it's still mostly a cesspool of cynicism and misinformation about CoE being passed around on this site.  Makes having a discussion about it here pointless, really.  You could copy and paste some of the negative paragraphs directly into the Star Citizen forum and you probably wouldn't be able to tell they were posted here originally.  What a waste ... oh well.
    I think the reason for this is that the information on the site needs to be organised and updated.  I read the information in the forums and it's often said, yes that was said 6 or 8 months ago but... then they quote a conversation recently given that was never posted as an official update.  They really need to put the latest information in one place.  Or you would have to constantly read every conversation written down by their staff at the time in the forums, in irc, and other locations, which most won't do.  When was the last time their Q&A was updated?
    I agree with this very much. Its one thing i wish they would make a higher priority. 

Having to hear second-hand that the talent system works differently than how it is depicted by the website itself, frankly, is embarrassing. It should be somewhere official. At the very least, redact or remove the DJ that gives disinformation.

I started following this game almost a year ago and kept up with the Q&A's religiously, so I am mostly up to date on the latest word. However, coming into this brand new, i could see it being really overwhelming and frustrating trying to learn what's still true, what's outdated, which hour long Q&A i need to skip through to find information on a certain idea, etc. Its kind of a mess honestly. 

Last i looked, the CoE wiki was far from complete or else i'd point people there.

I would think their community managers could work on collating and centralizing that information since it directly affects the knowledge of the community, but I guess not... 
    In all honesty, this sounds like a job for 1 or 2 really dedicated fans, who could work closely with CoE to get the job done.

I'm often critical of the CoE devs, but they are a small team and the principals no doubt have their hands full. They have a very ambitious timeline, so getting some volunteer help for the "soft" tasks will probably be greatly appreciated.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    It seems pretty well organized now with most of the important info easily accessible:
    The Wiki is regularly updated: http://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Chronicles_of_Elyria_Wiki
    and they improved their dev tracker on the forums.

It's probably impossible to have all tidbits of information concerning CoE in one place though, it would require a lot of resources to maintain it for little benefits.
    Did you put together this list of links yourself or does it appear on there main site in bullet point like this?  Nice list by the way.  First time I've seen it all in one place like this.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• FranciscourantFranciscourant Member UncommonPosts: 356
    Did you put together this list of links yourself or does it appear on there main site in bullet point like this?  Nice list by the way.  First time I've seen it all in one place like this.
    It's on their new website (the bullet point list was made out of those links)

• VucarVucar Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Nice. That's a lot better.