Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fly Free for a Week in Latest Promotion - Star Citizen News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Fly Free for a Week in Latest Promotion - Star Citizen News

The latest Star Citizen Fly Free for a week is in effect. Prospective players can head to the game site to check out what's new since the last FF event including the first stages of the persistent world with items now tied to player accounts.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AshikuroAshikuro Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Is this an old post? The game site linked here says one week up to April 25th..?
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
  • tool089tool089 Member UncommonPosts: 72
    The free fly was announced yesterday in AtV to start today. It hasn't started yet, so there's no actual post on their site about it. I believe most think the starting time will be when RtV is posted today or at least more info will be given about when it starts then.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited July 2016
    Be sure to grab the mission were you salvage the wreck in the asteroid belt. Getting a looted chargeable sniper rifle is always nice.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/citizen-spotlight/4001-Get-The-Sniper-Rifle-amp-Electric-Shotgun-FAST-Star-Citizen-23-Guide

Have fun
  • pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561
    Its not free. I followed the links from here. Went to the website(there is a post about it NOW) , read all about FLY FREE etc,registered and then went to the download link.(as i was told)There you are given a 4 step download procedure which No2 is purchasing something from the store. So what fly FREE are we talking about here?
    pupurun said:
    Its not free. I followed the links from here. Went to the website(there is a post about it NOW) , read all about FLY FREE etc,registered and then went to the download link.(as i was told)There you are given a 4 step download procedure which No2 is purchasing something from the store. So what fly FREE are we talking about here?
    Its not activated yet as you can see from the fourth post in the thread above.

Once its activated, just click over it. You do not have to buy anything. Same like last time.

Have fun
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    So they're getting close to not doing total wipes. Good for them.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Erillion said:

pupurun said:

Once its activated, just click over it. You do not have to buy anything. Same like last time.

Have fun

How could they not activate something they are already inviting people on their website to do so? The logic....
    pupurun said:
    How could they not activate something they are already inviting people on their website to do so? The logic....
    They have not announced the activation on the official website yet.

The post here on mmorpg.com is reporting on yesterdays AtV show, where it was announced that the free-fly-weekend will start sometime today  (exact hour not yet know ... 4 studios .. 4 timezones .. who knows).

Anyway ... check again in a few hours ....

Have fun
    So they're getting close to not doing total wipes. Good for them.
    To my knowledge you still have to expect total wipes for quite some time. Throughout the whole Alpha.

Have fun

Erillion said:

pupurun said:

The post here on mmorpg.com is reporting on yesterdays AtV show, where it was announced that the free-fly-weekend will start sometime today  (exact hour not yet know ... 4 studios .. 4 timezones .. who knows).

Have fun

Erillion said:

pupurun said:

Have fun

Erillion said:

pupurun said:

Have fun

Its announced bro . On their website. ''You can register for an account here to get started. If you already have an account from a previous Free Fly, you’re all set! Just log in via the Star Citizen launcher and we’ll see you in the ‘Verse!''
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766

pupurun said:

Erillion said:

pupurun said:

Have fun

Erillion said:

pupurun said:

Have fun

Erillion said:

pupurun said:

Have fun

Its announced bro . On their website. ''You can register for an account here to get started. If you already have an account from a previous Free Fly, you’re all set! Just log in via the Star Citizen launcher and we’ll see you in the ‘Verse!''

Easy enough to tell if it is active on not, it will appear on the website pages, on the very top one service notice about it, currently not yet enabled.
    I realise its not activated. But why announce it as an event thats already happening. Why induce players to start trying to figure out HOW they ll get the installer by being presented with an option to buy one of their packages...I m just saying...i wonder why....*coughs*
    pupurun said:
    I realise its not activated. But why announce it as an event thats already happening. Why induce players to start trying to figure out HOW they ll get the installer by being presented with an option to buy one of their packages...I m just saying...i wonder why....*coughs*
    I suspect you misread a reference to the last free-fly-weekend (" If you already have an account from a previous Free Fly, you’re all set!") as referring to the upcoming free-fly-weekend.

CIG has NOT yet announced on the website that the event is already happening (I have the website open in the browser in front of me - no message to be found there).

It will be easy to see once the free-fly-weekend has started ... on the very top of the webpage, in the middle of the screen, you will find the announcement once its active.

Have fun

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

pupurun said:

Erillion said:

pupurun said:

Have fun

Not uncommon. Usually it is to build some hype. But as you pointed out it is important to be clear WHEN it starts and WHAT to expect. =)

This have been a good conversation

• adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    CIG couldn't find their arse with both hands so colour me 'not surprised' that after announcing it you can't actually do it.
    CIG couldn't find their arse with both hands so colour me 'not surprised' that after announcing it you can't actually do it.
    Have you tried it recently and found it not working   ;-)  ?

Because now it has been activated ....

Do not forget to chose one of the referral codes from the thread here. Benefits you and the guy with the code.

Have fun

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Erillion said:
    Have you tried it recently and found it not working   ;-)  ?

Because now it has been activated ....

Do not forget to chose one of the referral codes from the thread here. Benefits you and the guy with the code.

Have fun

Doesn't change the disconnect.  

Though news of CIG not handling their business isn't that newsworthy anymore.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

Doesn't change the disconnect.  

Though news of CIG not handling their business isn't that newsworthy anymore.

What is so hard to understand?

A Free-fly-week is FREE after it started.  It has started AFTER it has been announced on the homepage (and exactly that has been communicated to fans in AtV yesterday). If someone tried to get a free account BEFORE it started, he would have to pay.

NOW that is HAS started, its FREE.

Clear enough ?

Or in less words ... next time wait for the GO !

Have fun

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    pupurun said:
    For some reason this game makes me uneasy.....Just feels like a total money grab from the start
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I have not looked at this recent tenor but if anything like the others,i can see why some will be confused.

They most certainly are trying to be misleading,they have always been FREE fly trials but they do try to confuse you into thinking you have to buy a ship.I consider it lame tactics and yes they most certainly know what they are doing and trying to mislead.
    Rest assured ,it is free but this Chris Robert's business is anything but crystal clear at any point along the way.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.