Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth buying?

13»

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Iselin said:
    Koboli said:
    Iselin said:
    Koboli said:
    Iselin said:
    I bought it... only played the first 20 minutes or so, however, because I ran out of character deletions (I cannot believe that's a thing) and will have to wait for tomorrow to take the plunge for real.
    Holy crap, you went through 11 characters in one day?
    I don't... think so? No. I want to say I did 5 deletions. 
    By default you can create 8 characters and you're limited to 3 deletions per day, something they did a couple of years ago as part of their anti gold spammer campaign. It's how I came up with 11 :) 
    I created one three times and deleted her three times.
    Ok got you. I'm an altoholic and I thought you were even worse than me :)
    Well the first step is admitting your problem ;)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    azarhal said:
    Koboli said:
    And finally, I just lost interest. A few hours in and the story didn't grip me - the introduction was really fairly compelling, particularly with the Amazonian lady sacrificing herself... until you're dumped onto Happy Crab Island and just left to rot. Oh, let me go do some fetch quests for this pirate lady in a lawn chair; oh, hey, it's the voice actor from Cowboy Bebop predictably playing some roguish dude... oh, now I'm out in the desert again picking up pieces for some dwarven machine... wee.
    Did you try the other two alliances? Because Daggerfall Covenant has the most boring start of the three...

Might be worth a try. There are three openings - and (after feedback) the option subsequently to skip straight to the "initial area". At which point you just travel to one of the starting cities. 

Some of the voices are "meh" others are very good though.  Michael Gambon, John Cleese, Bill Nighy and others. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3485722/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

There is some "pretty" desolation knocking around as well.

I agree though about the game letting you find out about it as you go; in some ways it isn't "intuitive".

And at the end of the day if it doesn't "grab" you it doesn't.

If you do give it another try see if you can find a "dolman" as well. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    The game or i mean the devs made a brutal mistake in not capturing me the first day.

So i have no idea what the game does after day 1 because ti was so bad and so lame i just quit and never wanted to go back.
    If i remember,i was not alone,there seemed to be a lot of media buzz on the starting aspect of the game and i also believe changes were made to simply skip the beginning,not good enough imo.I don't like skipping anything,geesh i played starter isle in EQ2 about 50x.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

Sure is, its a great game.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited July 2016
    Wizardry said:
    <snip>and i also believe changes were made to simply skip the beginning,not good enough imo.I don't like skipping anything,geesh i played starter isle in EQ2 about 50x.
    The "beginning" was made optional but only after you had done one of them. 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    gervaise1 said:
    Wizardry said:
    <snip>and i also believe changes were made to simply skip the beginning,not good enough imo.I don't like skipping anything,geesh i played starter isle in EQ2 about 50x.
    The "beginning" was made optional but only after you had done one of them. 
    He might have been talking about the second "beginning", the starter islands. Some in the media made a big deal about those couple of hours there keeping you from the real game so they changed the default to the main first zone with an option to go to those starter islands.

And with the last update they just changed it back so the starter islands are once again the default after the prison intro, just like it originally was.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    edited July 2016
    Very good game overall. It is what it is. It's probably the most immersive themepark game I've played. Combat is OK, story is solid, crafting is passable, the music is amazing and dungeon runs are fun (3 cheers for the holy trinity!). 

Joined - July 2004

• ViterzgirViterzgir Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Definitely! Simple as that
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 913
    I just wanna warn you that this game will get so boring for you if you keep solo play..i happend for me..i got hooked for a while and became a vampire but then the game turned boring in the end..just sayin

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    laserit said:
    Iselin said:
    Koboli said:
    Iselin said:
    Koboli said:
    Iselin said:
    I bought it... only played the first 20 minutes or so, however, because I ran out of character deletions (I cannot believe that's a thing) and will have to wait for tomorrow to take the plunge for real.
    Holy crap, you went through 11 characters in one day?
    I don't... think so? No. I want to say I did 5 deletions. 
    By default you can create 8 characters and you're limited to 3 deletions per day, something they did a couple of years ago as part of their anti gold spammer campaign. It's how I came up with 11 :) 
    I created one three times and deleted her three times.
    Ok got you. I'm an altoholic and I thought you were even worse than me :)
    Well the first step is admitting your problem ;)

The first step is creating a new character.  The second step is goto the first step.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    azarhal said:
    Koboli said:
    And finally, I just lost interest. A few hours in and the story didn't grip me - the introduction was really fairly compelling, particularly with the Amazonian lady sacrificing herself... until you're dumped onto Happy Crab Island and just left to rot. Oh, let me go do some fetch quests for this pirate lady in a lawn chair; oh, hey, it's the voice actor from Cowboy Bebop predictably playing some roguish dude... oh, now I'm out in the desert again picking up pieces for some dwarven machine... wee.
    Did you try the other two alliances? Because Daggerfall Covenant has the most boring start of the three...
    I agree. AD is probably the most fun imo. They do some interesting things with quests- you can find lots of deep quest lines if you wander about the map, but there is a sense of "quest grind" after a while even on the AD side.
  • Kane72Kane72 Member UncommonPosts: 211
    Not worth 1 dollar let alone 20.

This is one of the worst MMO's i've ever played.

Theres a reason its on steam and its cheap.
    A seriously rediculous answer. There is a lotto do and many people are enjoying the exploration and the wide expanse of options. Give it a go and you are likely to be pleased.