Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Agents of Yesterday Giveaway!STO Star Trek Online News - MMORPG.com

Comments

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    I liked the Ship Combat in STO.  I could never get into the running around.  Not sure if that's changed.
  • n0bl3m4nn0bl3m4n Member CommonPosts: 1
    I love Star Trek Online (STO) because despite being like any other game plus the franchise, it has a cool "free to play" model where you dont have to worry if someone is "pay to win" or not, you can take your time to learn and earn as you progress playing it. There is some kind of limited PVP but it is still fun to go and try some Ker'rat System fun with the Borg on your behind trying to show you that your shields arent important at all on top of the beams, cannons, mines, torpedoes and other weapons that are thrown at you from the shadows while all those gankers uncloak quite some adrenaline. Regards.
  • EmbrethEmbreth Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I've loved Star Trek since I was a kid, starting with the Original Series and going through all the subsequent ones, up to the most recent movies. The MMO has been an amazing chance for me to play in that universe, and get to run around in it with other Captains who love Star Trek just as much. The new expansion pulls me back to the 'feel' of the Original Series and I'm very much looking forward to playing with it.
  • philipofpelaphilipofpela Member CommonPosts: 1
    I think what i love most about star trek online is that it really immerses you in the star trek universe, and the fact that we can now venture into the TOS and kelvin timeline is simply amazing
  • OrigSleuthOrigSleuth Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I have been a fan of Star Trek from the times of Capt Kirk, and watched it through all the variations. Series, Films etc.

I find that once you get past the ship control system, the storyline is very close to the classic ideals of Trek. It is very positive, and you can easily imagine that you are playing the starring role in a Trek series.

While it is free to play, it is not pay to win, nor is it plagued by the "twinkies" Most players are willing to help out, one player from another Fleet (Guild) provided me with some high level gear - free of charge!
  • zufaulzufaul Member CommonPosts: 1
    I love Star Trek because the present sucks.
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I love Star Trek and Gene Rodenberry. Let us be honest with our self. This game does him and the concept no justice, and is a disgrace to Mr. Roddenberry's Vision. What a shame that the great Star Trek is such a half ass game. Hosted by a cash grabbing company that could care less. Have some backbone and fortitude this is a major disgrace if you look at it clearly. I hope in the future the great Star Trek series will be portrayed with honesty and with some reverence. What a complete travesty that a company like Perfect World entertainment is hosting this. If you or a true Star Trek fan you must be appalled by this abomination.

Cheers...

• voodoo_zevoodoo_ze Member CommonPosts: 1
    I love Star Trek Online because..you are captain of the ship, with your own crew and.... space barbie
  • 8of138of13 Member CommonPosts: 2
    because I’m a Borg, and it’s time to assimilate YOU ! :p
  • RenantonRenanton Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Ive been playing STO since its inception, and am also a lifetime sub. Lately I play on and off again, but it still feels like Star Trek to me. The devs have really worked hard to make the game feel star trek "ish" and it hasnt been easy with the fan base. I however feel they have done just fine. The original release of the game was said to be too simplistic, so they worked on it. Now, people say its too intense...too much to learn. The game is deep, but not so deep to not be able to learn. I'll just say, if you like Star Trek, they have done a great job!
  • KahrekKahrek Member UncommonPosts: 68
    By pure nostalgia I install and play this game every major update. Usually create a new character and start from scratch. Plenty of fun with the storlyline and episodes.
  • daimianptpdaimianptp Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Cause it is the best science fiction f2p mmo game out there hands down and let's me enjoy the star trek universe to the fullest!!!
  • RatziRatzi Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Actually i like it because i'm a Star Trek Fan :-) What more is there to say? ;-)
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Still waiting on Cryptic to announce whether people will be able to use their in game purchases on the console version or if lifetime members those of us who helped this game get off the ground in the beginning pre-launch will be able to use those benefits when it launches on the consoles. No amount of hype should distract folks from getting those answers from the developer.
  • TerrorhotkillerzTerrorhotkillerz Member CommonPosts: 1
    the game helped me trhough dark times in 2009-2010 when i was moving around from house to house. i also have been a long time trek fan since i was a kid. i've played the game from start and would greatly benefit from the package.
  • DelbishDelbish Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Been playing STO off and on since it was first released... As a Star Trek Fan starting in the 70's, and being a big MMORPG fan/player, when this game was first released up until it's current incarnation I've really loved this game... Whenever new content gets released like this, I'm always drawn back to the game and look forward to all future content...

Zip
  • okiranokiran Member UncommonPosts: 4
    My friend said I would like it.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Been playing since before closed beta. This game has hands down the best User Generated Content system of any MMORPG, before or since.
  • RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664
    I like tribbles
  • TwinStarsFederationTwinStarsFederation Member CommonPosts: 1
    I was introduced to the game by my dad when it first came out. At the time I had no idea what Star Trek was, so the game was a bit confusing. 5 years later, I've watched DS9, Voyager, The Next Generation, and many more series. STO has always, to me, been the game that brought me to Star Trek in general, so that is one of my favorite things about it, but the draw is, without a doubt, the epic space battles that can ensue.
  • rylaarrylaar Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I love STO because I'm a big fan of the ST universe and love games that relate to it.
  • TayroboTayrobo Member CommonPosts: 1
    Why love STO because it IS STO :-)
  • Pongo_Pongo_ Member UncommonPosts: 38
    I like blowing ships up, the fact that it's Star Trek is a plus. I play all the factions just so I can make everyone go boom. I even make myself go boom.

.........................BOOM!!!
  • SVNRTHMNNSVNRTHMNN Member CommonPosts: 1
    Star Trek Online is one of the few games that offer a flashback-like experience to my childhood. I enjoyed watching the originals series, TNG, DS9 and Voyager as child/teen and playing in the universe in which a can meet and assist my childhood heroes is simply awesome :-).
  • HordequesterHordequester Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Lifetime account and been playing since closed beta. Haven't found much else out there that keeps me coming back with new content.
This discussion has been closed.