Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

T-Mobile to Exempt PG from High-Speed Data Caps - Pokemon Go News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageT-Mobile to Exempt PG from High-Speed Data Caps - Pokemon Go News

Mobile service provider, T-Mobile, announced yesterday that it would be exempting Pokemon Go data from customers' monthly high-speed data caps for a year and would include a few other perks such as $15 in Lyfte rides to local Pokemon hot spots, a Wendy's Frosty and more. 

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    I think it's safe to say that Pokemon go will ultimately split the entire world into three colors. Red, blue, and yellow. Each fighting to permanently control gyms around the world. It'll be known as the pokawars, with red ultimately claiming dominance over its inferior blue and yellow counter parts.

• n3xxn3xx Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I think it's safe to say team mystic already has this in the bag thnx
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    And so it begins !

This is Pokemon GO played at the corporate level, with the "Pokemon's" being mobile phone users !
    "Gotta catch 'em all !"

The mobile phone companies are going to try and tear each other's throats out over this. Any company that can "capture" a large slice of the Pokemon GO players will make astronomical profits !

Let them send their Pokemon data for free, you'll make it up on all the other stuff they do on that phone. And once you have their accounts...
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Most likely not in the EU, but in the US/Canada. In the EU it's not allowed due to netneutrality. IMO a good thing that T-mobile did it though - Walking my dog for about 75 minutes already eats 20Mb from my databundle...
  • Psym0nPsym0n Member UncommonPosts: 283

Reizla said:

Most likely not in the EU, but in the US/Canada. In the EU it's not allowed due to netneutrality. IMO a good thing that T-mobile did it though - Walking my dog for about 75 minutes already eats 20Mb from my databundle...

20mb is absolutely nothing. Atleast if you live in the western part of Europe. Can't seem to remember when I used more then 6gb of my 10gb data bundle.

There's a workaround though, download the maps through Google Maps. It saves a lot of battery as well.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited July 2016
    Gorwe said:
    I just wanted to leave this here:

FUCK T-com / mobile!

Avoid if you can...
    12 years, 5 accounts, interest free financing on equipment, modern phones, no contracts, unlimited data plans for children, unlimited phone service for fathers who have long conference calls all day.

Now free PGo. Most innovative c-phone provider in the US.

Disclaimer: weak coverage in more rural areas, so not the carrier of choice for people likely to find themselves in a remote cabin in the woods being stalked by evil spirits, bigfoot or serial killers.

Whenever the people in the movie say they cant get a signal, we joke and say "they must have T-Mobile. ;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Just how expensive is mobile data in USA?

I live in Finland, and could get unlimited data over 3G network at 14-18 €/month depending on provider.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    edited July 2016
    Psym0n said:

Reizla said:

There's a workaround though, download the maps through Google Maps. It saves a lot of battery as well.
    Good one. Let me check how to do that, and how to limit the maps to only my current living area...

[EDIT] Got it! Thanks for pointing out the possibility.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    And this is how T mobile became relevant again. Love those data exemptions.
  • d3ck3rd3ck3r Member UncommonPosts: 17

Kyleran said:

Gorwe said:

FUCK T-com / mobile!

Avoid if you can...

12 years, 5 accounts, interest free financing on equipment, modern phones, no contracts, unlimited data plans for children, unlimited phone service for fathers who have long conference calls all day.

Disclaimer: weak coverage in more rural areas, so not the carrier of choice for people likely to find themselves in a remote cabin in the woods being stalked by evil spirits, bigfoot or serial killers.

Whenever the people in the movie say they cant get a signal, we joke and say "they must have T-Mobile. ;)

funny that they are one of the worst Providers in they home Country (Germany), they also wanted to turn Flatrates into payrates but didnt couse of the massive shitstorm.

but i came here to post this :http://katehon.com/news/pokemon-go-linked-cia
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    d3ck3r said:
    That's a Russian propaganda website.

Graffiti on toilet wall would be more reliable source of information.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Kyleran said:
    Gorwe said:

FUCK T-com / mobile!

Avoid if you can...

T-Mobile is absolute garbage in the south, metro areas included.

Outside of this their offerings are pretty good for a telecom. I've been dealing with them since they were Voicestream.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited July 2016
  • FeralLokiFeralLoki Member UncommonPosts: 134
    I think it's safe to say, that the human race has fallen to its lowest. this game is not just stupid, but addictive and as of now has created lots of accidents.
    Vrika said:
    d3ck3r said:

whatever it is, there is google and u can research for yourself if u are interested on this topic.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    d3ck3r said:
    Vrika said:
    d3ck3r said:

whatever it is, there is google and u can research for yourself if u are interested on this topic.
    Google is indeed a fantastic tool !

Whatever you personal agenda or beliefs, somewhere on the internet there's always someone who will agree with you !

And if you're really struggling to find likeminded folks, that just proves how harshly people like you are being suppressed... :D
  • Gymrat313Gymrat313 Member UncommonPosts: 154
    APThug said:
    I think it's safe to say that Pokemon go will ultimately split the entire world into three colors. Red, blue, and yellow. Each fighting to permanently control gyms around the world. It'll be known as the pokawars, with red ultimately claiming dominance over its inferior blue and yellow counter parts.
    All hail Team Valor!
    d3ck3r said:
    Vrika said:
    d3ck3r said:

Google is indeed a fantastic tool !

Whatever you personal agenda or beliefs, somewhere on the internet there's always someone who will agree with you !

And if you're really struggling to find likeminded folks, that just proves how harshly people like you are being suppressed... :D

i dont care if "someone" agree with me or not, i was not even stating any position here... i didnt said its true or not, because i dont know it.

what i was trying to say that ppl that are interested may just reasearch instead being a smart ass like you

• IggiePuffIggiePuff Member UncommonPosts: 146

Psym0n said:

Reizla said:

20mb is absolutely nothing. Atleast if you live in the western part of Europe. Can't seem to remember when I used more then 6gb of my 10gb data bundle.

I read the other day that downloading the maps would not help at all. Not sure if that's true tho.

But I said days ago a mobile company would be smart to exempt Pokemon Go from data caps. After all a number of them are doing it for things such as music and Netflix type apps, so why not Pokemon Go? Better yet, how about them all doing true unlimited data once again for a nice price?
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    I told my wife that there was a pokemon on our bed. When she walked in to investigate, I was laying on the bed with an "in the mood" grin. She walked out ;/
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I'm not bothered by the concept of the game or that it's Pokemon. I think it's pretty dope. I'm concerned about the wave of dumb f%#k darwin award winners causing the conversation to be about how Pokemon Go is responsible for deaths and injuries.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562
    edited July 2016
    yea dumb
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

And this is how T mobile became relevant again. Love those data exemptions.

I cant complain, Now that PokeGo is out my mobile data is getting drained too fast, and i dont go out looking for pokemons. I only use my mobile data when going to work. This will definitely benefit me since i dont have the best T-mobile plans available.

• Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Dam... thats pretty good for me lol. Effective immediately? I dont see a date.