Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Latest Update Takes a Big Step Closer to Early Access

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageLatest Update Takes a Big Step Closer to Early Access

With the latest update to Shards Online, Citadel Studios is another step closer to alpha and Steam Early Access, both of which are targeting the end of 2016. With the new player experience improvements, a more robust Unity 5 Engine and the addition of some high-end skills, it’s an update to be reckoned with. After a chat with Derek Brinkmann, we know a bit more about what this massive update brings to the game than was revealed in today’s blog post.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 272
    edited July 2016
    is there still no way to delete a character? can't seem to find the option and would like to remake, as stated in article I died and lost hunting knife :P
  • GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395

ubermut said:

is there still no way to delete a character? can't seem to find the option and would like to remake, as stated in article I died and lost hunting knife :P

Yeah they need to work on that.

• barasawabarasawa Member UncommonPosts: 618
    edited July 2016

Adoni said:

ubermut said:

Yeah they need to work on that.

True, but they are, it's still Alpha, so expect things to not work.

Development Standards:
    Pre-Alpha: This will probably eat your machine.
    Alpha: This won't eat your machine, we hope.
    Beta: It seems to have stopped eating machines, now to hunt down the other bugs and issues.
    Release: It should be ready, but let's see what happens in the real world.

Marketing Standards:
    Pre-Alpha: We call this a sneak peak, otherwise See Alpha
    Alpha: It's Awesome! And since we said 'alpha' you can't do jack when it eats your machine.
    Beta: Give us money, despite that it's not ready for market and might still be an Alpha.
    Release: Give us more money and STFU

I almost forgot to mention, the guys talking about Shards are mostly the devs, not marketing.

Lost my mind, now trying to lose yours...