Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Niantic Scores the Biggest Mobile Game in US History - Pokemon Go News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageNiantic Scores the Biggest Mobile Game in US History - Pokemon Go News

While the dubious wording of "biggest mobile game in US history" is present, mobile gaming being a rather new phenomenon history-wise, it is nonetheless worth noting that Pokemon Go has become the biggest game ever in the United States based on average daily users counted in the millions.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Had to uninstall it almost had 3 car crash and I'm afraid there will be a lot of accidents because of this game. Other negatives are uses your data plan, drains the battery, after level 5 ran out of Pokéballs and refused to buy more. All train locations had pokemon placed by other people that apparently have no lifear cause theirs were like 20 times stronger than my highest one.
  • perrin82perrin82 Member UncommonPosts: 285
    I foresee the numbers dropping, just like any game, but it is clear that it has been successful at this point. The question is will the game be good enough to last. Reading Bill's column the game is meh, but the social aspects are pretty excellent. It'll be interesting to see what other companies do because of this success. 
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    edited July 2016
    Really I think it speaks volumes of the age of most mobile gamers
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I will not deny i love pokemon even though i hadn't played it since the original ruby/sapphire came out. I have PokeGo on my phone and while i can see it is a little fun app to keep people active, all this app did was bring me nostalgia so i went to amazon and bought Pokemon Omega Ruby for my 3DS instead of sticking to the phone app.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    I would like to read a detailed review of Ingress vs Pokemon Go from a feature, gameplay standpoint

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• FeralLokiFeralLoki Member UncommonPosts: 134
    It's a stupid game, dont know why anyone would wanna play this garbage.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Had to uninstall it almost had 3 car crash and I'm afraid there will be a lot of accidents because of this game. Other negatives are uses your data plan, drains the battery, after level 5 ran out of Pokéballs and refused to buy more. All train locations had pokemon placed by other people that apparently have no lifear cause theirs were like 20 times stronger than my highest one.
    The salt is strong with this one... :D
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    the opportunites for something like this is outstanding and I dont understand why it hasnt caught on until now. its not like games like this didnt already exist.

regardless case in point as to why businesses should be excited about this.

'wow hunny that was a nice trip to the mall to get our next whatever the game I am hungry, lets go eat at the food court with the coupon i got in the game'

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited July 2016
    FeralLoki said:
    It's a stupid game, dont know why anyone would wanna play this garbage.
    Different people have different taste. There is your answer. I would rather say playing on a cell phone is garbage instead of saying X game is garbage, but That also applies to my first sentence.