Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Top 5 MMOs of All Time

Comments

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    edited July 2016
    Earth & Beyond

Auto Assault

Tabula Rasa

FFXIV

City of Heroes

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    1. Anarchy Online, actually playing this again now, got the big 15th anniversary deal!  lol
    2. DaoC, pre-ToA
    3. SWG, pre all the ruining of the game
    4. Fallen Earth
    5. Global Agenda

I would place World of Tanks on this list, probably at #1 if you go by time spent playing the game.  But I see it as a MOBA not an MMO.

I think Tabula Rasa would be on my list if they hadn't so quickly pulled the plug.

• AeolynAeolyn Member UncommonPosts: 350
    edited July 2016
    Going by what I still have on my pc... and still occasionally go back to even though I know they've changed past the point of no return.  Note: I dislike sci-fi/space/flying themes.

The most played and enjoyed from the top:

UO
    LoTRO
    WoW(definitely before Cat!)
    GW2(jumping drove me away)
    AA

I did really try to like Vanguard but no matter what they did to it, it just wouldn't run well for me.
    Honorable mention goes to this little gem, SV.  It will be interesting to see how multi-player turns out.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    SWG Pre-cu Best all around experience... Most community oriented.. most diversity in types of players 

DAOC Best PVP experience outside of SWG (the community factor in SWG made it better, IE friend/foe relations)..

ESO Best overall quest grinder. 

AOC: Best atmosphere, ambiance as well as FFA PVP server. 

SWTOR: Best "Co-op" MMORPG.

Honorable mention: Fallen Earth.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Daneus84Daneus84 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    1. Gw2
    2. Lotro
    3. Age Of Conan
    4. WoW
    5. Rift
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    waynejr2 said:
    Dullahan said:
    What have we learned here today?

Of the top 14 most frequently mentioned games in the thread, only 1 was created in the last decade.

But games are better now.  Less grinding, f2p, less effort.
    But...but...I thought that this is the greatest era of PC gaming.
    There's always a mob that thinks the best of 'anything' comes from their favorite era...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    edited July 2016
    1) Final Fantasy XI Online mainly release till Abyssea but did play it till now.(13 years)
    2) World of Warcraft at Burning Crusade release.(3 months + go back a month for each expac)
    3) Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 original release not ARR. (6 years including 1.0 till now)
    4) Lord of the Rings Online when was sub game.(5 months + go backs)
    5) Rift when was sub game.(1 year + go backs)
  • BisloboBislobo Member UncommonPosts: 27

1) ESO

2) Age of Conan

3) DAOC

4) EVE

5) GW2

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    in no order , FFXI, WoW , EQ , DaoC , FFXIV , special mention COH :3
  • Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524
    1.) Everquest
    2.) Star Wars Galaxies
    3.) Dark Age of Camelot
    4.)Star Wars: The Old Republic
    5.) Final Fantasy 11

• tushka27tushka27 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    1) City of Heroes
    2) World of Warcraft
    3) Guild Wars 2
    4) Lord of the Rings Online
    5) Star Wars Galaxies
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    Earth & Beyond
    Asheron's Call 2
    Auto Assault
    City of Heroes
    Warhammer Online

It's hard to only say 5 though. I also really enjoyed Secret World, Tabula Rasa, Dark Age of Camelot, Rift, and EQ. I've enjoyed pretty much every mainstream MMO that's come out though. Now I'm playing WoW, but only because that's all my fiance wants to play. :(

I think how much I enjoy a game is largely determined by the group of people I play it with and how much time I could invest playing it. In my top 5 I had a great group of friends that we all spent a lot of time together in. Life now just doesn't give enough time to put that much time investment into MMOs and forming those deeper bonds with a group of players.
  • kellian1kellian1 Member UncommonPosts: 237
    1 - EQ2 - Lot's of fun times with this one and the Order of the Overlord guild. Getting the Stein of Moggok, old school was awesome. 
    2 - WoW - Old school AV, and hunting for Dragon eggs!
    3 - LOTRO - Wife and I had many a fun evening playing this. Still play from time to time. Best community I've ever been a part of.
    4 - GW2 - Was really into this one when it first came out, had a lot of fun in the world.
    5 - UO - My first, would rank a spot higher, but man did I hate clicking on my friend by accident and having my rep go down to dastardly and then have people hunting for me because of it. 
  • d3ck3rd3ck3r Member UncommonPosts: 17
    1. DAoC
    2. Anarchy Online
    3. SWG pre CU
    4. EVE

when CU will come out, that will prolly got to n1 and drop anything else by 1 number down

o/
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    EQ, UO, WoW, DAoC and Lineage basically define what the genre us and isn't. 
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    WoW vanilla.
    EQ2.
    warhammer online.
    ESO.
    Rift.

Dont play any mmorpg todays, they all feel so boring. guess i finally get rid my mmo addiction.
  • scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    1.Wow (because it pretty much made the mmorpg genre mainstream)
    2. Ffxi (this game was pretty groundbreaking at the time, console and pc versions playing together on an mmorpg was unheard of at the time.  Also the graphic quality and artistic talent made it the market leader)
    3. EVE online (one of the very few titles that dared to do something way different than anyone else)
    4. Tera (the first action combat mmo and it was amazing fun to play at level cap, the updates became incredibly stale after a while however)
    5. GW2
  • mainogremainogre Member UncommonPosts: 36
    edited July 2016
    1. Wow
    2. City of Heroes / Villians
    3. Lineage 2
    4. Rift
    5. Vanguard Saga of Heroes
  • WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Everquest 1
    Dark Ages of Camelot
    Anarchy Online
    --------------------
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Pfft, I don't even know anymore.
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431
    I don't have to many likes in the MMO genre simply because other than two, I've only played other MMos for a few weeks or 2-3 months or something.  

Not in any order

GW2
    WoW
    Wildstar
    ESO
    BDO

And the rest are pretty much...i D
  • Revel8Revel8 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    waynejr2 said:
    Revel8 said:
    waynejr2 said:
    H0urg1ass said:
    1. EVE Online.  Here's your character. Here's your first ship. Here's the undock button. There's about a thousand different things to do once you undock, but you can't stay here, so GET OUT.  Oh and fly safe. o7. No, there aren't any question marks or yellow brick frakkin roads to your next quest tin man so figure it out on your own.
    2. Age of Conan.  Upper Left. Lower Right. Up. Use both swords to decapitate him and then kick his blood-gushing stump over and find another unworthy opponent to mutilate. Oh, you don't like the sight of blood or pulling someones head off and throwing it over your shoulder? WoW is that way kiddo. Grow a pair. Or maybe that's why your sword is twice the size of your body. Compensating?
    3. Planetside 1. Look son, you wear a red and black suit and that means you shoot the people wearing purple spandex or anything that looks like a smurf. If you run out of ammo, then grab some off of the corpse's around you; there'll be plenty lying around. Unless you're terrible, in which case you'll be the static ammo bag.
    4. Tabula Rasa.  Wildstar? What the hell is that? You mean to tell me we fuck up another game only seven years from now? Well too bad, cause this is the first game that you'll actually like before we shut the doors.  But hey, Wildstar is gonna be great!
    5. World of Tanks. You can take your semantics, roll them into a tube and snort this line of "I don't care what you think an MMO is" off of my hind parts.  Pull the corn cob out, join us, and have some fun while your raid leader changes their third diaper of the night in the middle of your progression raid.
    Awesome Post!

Tabula Rasa was a tough one to see go down. I really loved the potential of that game and was fascinated by where it could have gone. Shame. 

I have never tried WoT. I may just give it a shot.

The best times of WoT are long since past.  Still, you can play it for free.

IMO world of tanks is better than ever.  They've kept improving it throughout the years.

When I last played, I didn't get 15 v 15 battles, it was kind of random and smaller in numbers per team.  They keep making changes and tweaking it and it felt over tuned to me. 

It feels like the shuffle game devs do, when one thing is too strong/weak the adjust it.  Which doesn't sound bad on paper but it seems to be used to keep players switching tanks. 
    That's interesting, it must have just been a combination of the time and tier you were playing.  I've literally had nothing but 15 vs 15 battles for over a half a year when playing tiers 3-10.  It will happen at times though, maybe once a month on average and usually not at peak hours.

I agree with you that they often buff and nerf tanks too and IMO this is usually a necessary thing to encourage game and server balance.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Marvel Heroes
    Overwatch
    Warframe
    World of Tanks
    WoW
  • Revel8Revel8 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    1)  World of Warcraft

2)  Word of Tanks

3)  Star Wars: The Old Republic

4)  World of Warships

5)  Star Trek Online