Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Agents of Yesterday Giveaway!STO Star Trek Online News - MMORPG.com

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

imageAgents of Yesterday Giveaway!STO Star Trek Online News - MMORPG.com

To celebrate the launch of Star Trek Online's new expansion, Agents of Yesterday, we're teaming up with Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios to give away Temporal Agent Starter Packs. Each pack includes several items to help you create a brand-new Temporal Agent, including two temporal ships, torn uniforms from Star Trek: The Original Series, an 0718 Bridge Officer and the official title of "Temporal Agent."

Read the full story here

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• zigalucardzigalucard Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Been playing on and off since this came out, probably some of the best space ship combat i've played in an mmo, it always brings me back.
  • RynetRynet Member UncommonPosts: 114
    I love STO and the story that it contains. Staying true to the franchise is a must. Phasers set to stun!
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Been playing on and off since this came out, probably some of the best space ship combat i've played in an mmo, it always brings me back.
    I have to wonder what you consider space ship combat because when I had to aim my ship to shoot the game had me rolling on the floor laughing and an immediate install.

Far as I am concerned, it has the worst ship combat every in a game anywhere!
  • AG-ODINAG-ODIN Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Been playing on and off since beta, love the combat effects, sounds and the constant events that go on.
  • TbnitzTbnitz Member UncommonPosts: 13
    As a fan of all the Star Trek franchise, the game is a perfect embodiment of the series in a game. Pre ordered the game when it was announced and always come back to the game from time to time
  • mnemic666mnemic666 Member UncommonPosts: 224
    BECAUSE IT'S STAR TREK! It's fun to be in the universe after seeing all the shows/movies, and playing through episodes really does feel like playing through an episode of the show.
  • PhaedruslivesPhaedruslives Member UncommonPosts: 122
    Extensive customization, of characters crew and ships. The universe and it's legendary lore. and ship combat and itemization that is deep and allows for all kinds of play styles.
  • mothermoymothermoy Member UncommonPosts: 9
    They make me feel like I'm there really stoke my imagination! Been following star trek since tos,
  • defecteddefected Member UncommonPosts: 24
    seven of 9 you sexy thing!
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    Can't say I'm fond of the ground combat still, but I do enjoy the ship battles and I've always loved the Star Trek series.

Sadly I was not around to experience the original series when it first aired, I actually got my start by watching the Voyager series...But i then went and watched the next generation and some deep space 9.

I enjoy STO mostly for the setting, getting to talk with other fans of the game and the series online, and I do very much love fiddling with the customization tools and collecting ships.

While my favorite character is my RRF character, been really enjoying running through the Federation's content with my AoY char and the change in perspective it brings with it.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• Trusin1Trusin1 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    I love Star Trek but not STO. I don't feel it creates the correct "feel" of what Star Trek is supposed to embody. Really think you needed to go the route of ships are crewed by "real" players who go out on the missions. Star Trek is supposed to be about humanity or a group of individuals beating the odds and supporting each other with their unique skill set. What you have here is a nice nostalgic stroll through some of Star Trek's great moments but you don't offer players a chance to "create" their own story in the Star Trek universe. In any case I would still like a free pack! :)
  • MiuraMiura Member UncommonPosts: 16
    STO... Lore, history, space, science fiction ... What else you need???
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Ozmodan said:

I have to wonder what you consider space ship combat because when I had to aim my ship to shoot the game had me rolling on the floor laughing and an immediate install.

It's just like PIRATES! which is like... beloved for it's ship combat...
  • TopikmopikTopikmopik Member CommonPosts: 6
    For me it's the combat and flying my ship.
  • TidwellBooTidwellBoo Member CommonPosts: 1
    I've grown up on ST, and bonded with my dad through the show. Now we play the game together and it's like I'm a kid all over again. Great game, great storyline, amazing graphics, awesome community...what more could I want from a game? :)
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Would be too long, first thing pops into mind (because of the thread about fluidity) is the free character building with the ships and BOffs. Then of course the lore, then the Foundry. Community is cool as well.

I think I already have the TOS uniforms, but I'd like to see the torn version :wink:  and an Enterprise, even as a T1 ship, would always have a solid place in the shipyard. Too bad it's one character only, so one can't keep the Enterprise on the main captain, and give the rest to the newly created TOS captain...
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    Star Trek is one of the first sci-fi things I ever got interested in. My parents liked it and I thoroughly enjoyed watching Start Trek with them while I was growing up. The best thing about the game is that I can imagine myself in that universe and I can experience some of the iconic ships and missions myself.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    better than JJ Abrams movies , love new content & sounds of TOS tv show
  • wyrdewyrde Member UncommonPosts: 54
    I love the character creation, the bridge officers, the duty officer system. In STO you're the captain of a ship, with a living crew that grows and changes with you. Being part of a fleet that's big on social interaction, beach parties, and live DJs cements the deal. (:
  • LAK'NLAK'N Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I am fan of Star Trek and scifi in general and Star Trek Online even with its flaws is the more close of my ideal MMO in that matter...
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Kirk>Picard
    TOS>All

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• blackravenukblackravenuk Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Been playing since the beta on & off something keeps bringing me back to play weather it be a new ship or episode but the TOS content rocks & ofcourse its all about the Pew Pew :P
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    Ozmodan said:

...?

The ships have fore and aft slots for the guns and the guns have a shooting arc, creating facing directions for the ship that are also shared with the way the ship's shields have facing directions. Having to "aim" your ship is a part of the strategic value created for both offensive and defensive maneuvering as a result.

You don't load a cannon on one side of the ship and expect it to fire through your hull to strike the target...

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• ccmclaughccmclaugh Member UncommonPosts: 32
    STO has the best space combat of any scifi game.
  • lpsnowmiserlpsnowmiser Member CommonPosts: 1
    STO fills the gap left by the absence of Trek TV in a masterful and entertaining way! Love this game!
This discussion has been closed.