Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just got a email from Saga of Ryzom and D&L in same day!!!!Could i be in both betas?

One had title "Good news for you" and i was like awesome im in beta i guess! Well it says they will pick 500 players soon and i may be one of them so stay tuned.... WTF ok well thats ok i got saga of ryzom so i open it and it tells me if i get accepted into beta they will send me the game.... ummm there goes my chance of getting into 2 closed betas.... this blows :(

________________________________________________________________________________

Once a gamer... Always a gamer

________________________________________________________________________________

Comments

• SquareSquare Member Posts: 254
    Yeah, I got that Ryom email too... bummer.

-----------------------
    Screw ENIX

-----------------------
    It's hip to be square.

• lol yea i am still waiting on that second letter from Ryzom. That game looks better then D&L so if u get accepted into both then i would say screw D&L and go beta test in Ryzom....i think some people would chop me up into little pieces and mail me across the world in little shoe boxes for saying that but damn you only live once....image
  • LiammccarthyLiammccarthy Member CommonPosts: 77
    I have a good Idea!! image You beta ryzom and e-mail the acceptance to DnL beta to me and I beta test that instead of you!!!! That would rule

• ObiyerObiyer Member Posts: 511
    You act like you actually lost something. Beta's are hard work, you almost have to keep a notebook of all the bugs in that title (especially with MMORPG's). Contacting Dev's/GM's constantly because of radical deadly bugs such as memory leaks and lethal crashes, in the alpha phase your character is guaranteed to be lost in some kind of error and it'll become corrupted. Beta's are not suppose to be fun of any kind but actual analytical work on the title, and to see the game come into complete fruition "bug less" for the retail launch is a Beta/Alpha testers goal. It's long and arduous giving up our time to make the launch of the game go much easier. In actuality, Beta Testers are free Debuggers  (who actually earn money for debugging but they usually know hex etc.)  for the development team. I hope you know what you are doing applying for multiple Betas because frankly, one is more than enough.

-Obiyer

• LiammccarthyLiammccarthy Member CommonPosts: 77
    I know what a beta tester is, I am currently closed beta testing Biosphere, and have closed beta tested over 6 games, I know it is hard work, but when you are a hardcore gamer like me, It is really Fun!!

• ObiyerObiyer Member Posts: 511

Originally posted by Liammccarthy
    I know what a beta tester is, I am currently closed beta testing Biosphere, and have closed beta tested over 6 games, I know it is hard work, but when you are a hardcore gamer like me, It is really Fun!!

I wasn't talking about you but the originator of the post. Though I bet your the type of guy that is a moderator to eleven boards and a member to fifteen others meanwhile squeezing enough time in to make one of your own. LOL 

-Obiyer

• i am gonna be beta testing Ryzom and its one of the first I have beta tested....with that scary description i think i will piss my pants and be on my way lolimage
  • PrinceVegetaPrinceVegeta Member Posts: 94
    ummm i kno its hard work but i got alot of free time on my hands for awhile and can do 2 betas. I doubt i will get into 1 let alone 2 but as for me and i agree with that other guy betas are fun and basically a free trial too to test the game b4 it comes out which is cool cause you kno whether u want to buy it or not.