Hi mmorpg.com folks!
I enjoy Black Desert and it's pvp in a way but since they took the death penalty away from pvp, i lost the thrill into it and with that I've been enjoying Desert less and less... So now I've been looking for MMORPG that would have some sort of penalty OR rewarding system for world pvp. Like in runescape you loose all your gear in PvP but I'm not into runescape for various reasons. Anyhow the system in Black Desert that you can attack everyone you desire that are lvl45+ is the best feature I've seen in mmorpgs for while as pvp player.
This game that Im looking for doesn't have to have total open world pvp like Black Desert, its enough that theres like couple contents for daily quests and people can go gank there. More important is that there's some sort of thrill like gaining or loosing something.
I dream that I would play some sort of assassin class and would go in stealth and run into someone who is innocently questing and then I could attack him. At the end the loosing player would loose something or the killer would gain something.
Games I've played and some notes:
- Black Desert Online (great open world pvp where are no factions and you can tag anyone)
- World of Warcraft (very smooth pvp, I give great credit for that)
- Aion (not going back for it ever)
- WildStar (liked that you could pvp in daily quest zones but in this game there were factions + you didn't really gain or loose anything in world pvp)
- Elder Scrolls Online (played a lot back in the day. Liked the 1st dlc where you could actually steal a lot of Tel'vars from other players by killing them or loose yours. Smooth PvP. Then the dlc died when more came out and theres really nothing more open world pvp + Cyrodil pvp feels boring)
I hope that theres a Black Desert stylish game where you could attack someone in anywhere in the world but more importantly I want the thrilling feeling that you have something to gain or loose. I want to believe theres a game out there that offers something like this that I just couldn't google out or find from Twitch. Most of all I find survival games with the words I used to find mmorpgs but they really lack the rpg aspects that I really want.
I appreciate all the suggestions!