Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Players Honor Tinki, the Heart of the Lonely Mountain Band - Lord of the Rings Online News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Players Honor Tinki, the Heart of the Lonely Mountain Band - Lord of the Rings Online News

Lord of the Rings Online players took to the Landroval server this past Sunday, July 10th to honor Tinki, one of the original founders of the Heart of the Lonely Mountain Band Kinship who recently passed away after a long fight with cancer. The event took place at the Bree-land Festival Grounds where players shared memories, music and comforted one another.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355
    That is nice...I used to play City of Heroes, for 9 years that game was my life. It shut down in 2012 and in 2013 one of our former players died. We could not even honor him the way we wanted to. It might be a small gesture to honor someone in a game, but to us they are our second lives, our second families, our second homes. Wish NCsoft understood that.

Mystery Bounty

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    A very nice memorial... only knew him through the events (since I play more on the Eu side), a really great guy, helpful and fun. Also a resident here too on mmorpg.com, posted a lot about the LMB events (Weatherstock, Winterstock) in the LotRO section.
    Sad news indeed, Weatherstock won't be the same without him around...
  • KoboliKoboli Member UncommonPosts: 210
    edited July 2016
    I remember watching them perform many years ago in the Shire. It was such a strange game, looking back on it.

*Edit* I watched a bit of the video. It was a nice tribute, in LOTRO's funny way. It's interesting how, even in a digital landscape, people can touch and shape each other's lives to the point where they want to memorialize them when they pass. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다