Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can someone please tell me Whats coming out in the next year? What MMO are you excited for and why?

2»

Comments

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    Waiting for Legion.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited July 2016
      Most of the games listed here  wont be out in the next year .. So why mention them .. The OP clearly ask for " in the Next year" ...Some of the games people are listing wont see release for 3 years if ever...

Most of the games listed really look like more of the same or just the next game with a laundry list of features that they will fail to deliver on 1/2 of.....

The Op may as well find a game that is currently out and settle in , because there isnt any MMORPG coming out in next year worth worrying about imo
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Anything coming out this year or next year will be the same thing that came out ten years ago so go play one of them. They probably have more content and fewer bugs.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • UltorXUltorX Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Camelot Unchained beta
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Its hard to tell what games will be release ready next year but here's the five games I've been following for 1+ year.

For western games, we might have camelot unchained and crowfall launching.

With korean games, Bless will definitely show up, I hope for lineage eternal but it feels like development has been slow for that game, haven't heard anything for lost ark in quite some time.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • GoldsurgeGoldsurge Member UncommonPosts: 8
    @Alpenn Chronicles of Elyria looks like a real beast. I find mmorpgs atm a bit boring too but I have high hopes for Elyria. It seems to be offering a total sandbox player driven rpg.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Goldsurge said:
    @Alpenn Chronicles of Elyria looks like a real beast. I find mmorpgs atm a bit boring too but I have high hopes for Elyria. It seems to be offering a total sandbox player driven rpg.

Can I build a spaceship in this game?  Can I create a time traveling Caveman who inadvertently creates paradoxes?  How about self-replicating machines?
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    waynejr2 said:
    Goldsurge said:

Can I build a spaceship in this game?  Can I create a time traveling Caveman who inadvertently creates paradoxes?  How about self-replicating machines?
    You're right, they all suck. I went back to playing games on Steam.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Messiah78Messiah78 Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Revelation Online looks good and Bless looks great, nice open world in Bless.
    Just hope that we dont get the whole +rng gear stat crap again. Just about done with that.
    I remember when I played Age of Conan, never had that rng crap. Just go to a raid and gear up slowly, weeks, months and in some cases years. 
    And back then, (not sure now) you could only do each raid only once per week. Never really got burnt out, until I had 10 alts.
  • ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Thou shalt not play a Korean MMO again.
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273
    In the next year? Nothing too exciting.

In the next couple of years? Star Citizen - if it's actually released.
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Nyctelios said:
    All the ones I was expecting already disappointed me or changed payment method - pushing founders pack "beta phase" (or locked themselves in certain regions with ipblock)... 

I'm actually waiting for Gigantic in the "moba" mmo sub genre if I may call it.

I'm waiting to get in Gloria Victis and check that out.

Well, I could say that I'm really expecting the next FF14 expansion because Heavensward is awesome.
    I am pretty sure you can already play Gigantic, I have it (I might have got a promo code to play it, but it was easy to get from memory).
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Not really sure when exactly it will launch, but Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. They say 2017, but I'm guessing 2018.

Also looking forward to Saga of Lucimia and Darkfall New Dawn. Not sure on the eta on SoL.

• SSJTankSSJTank Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Yeah Pantheon is the one to watch right now. It might not be out in the next year, but there should be betas.

Really enjoying ESO right now. ToS is great too, if you like pure quest grind games.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Pantheon, CU and CoE will really be bearing their fruits by next year and I know CU will at least be out and seeing how it's basically fantasy SWG without the pve (and of course the closest thing to a DAoC sequel we will likely ever see), I will for sure give it a solid go. Can't say I have any real interest in Crowfall but will keep an open mind once playable.

You stay sassy!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Nothing looks like it deserves a 6/10
    Even if Pantheon is a 5/10 i might play it for a bit out of boredom,not really a good idea to support half assed gaming but like everyone else,i sometimes spend money foolishly.

I am looking forward to Dishonored 2 but it is not a mmo,nothing on the mmo front looks good to get excited about.

COE MIGHT,have a slim chance of surprising us,but certain ideas/concepts/monetary paint a bleak light.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MorwynnMorwynn Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Chronicles of Elyria (if they can pull it off it will be amazing)
    Saga of Lucimia
    Utheros / Pantheon (toss up)

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    I don't think I can stomach another themepark or questhub.  It's going to have to be a sandbox featured game to get my interest. 
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Wizardry said:

I am looking forward to Dishonored 2 but it is not a mmo,nothing on the mmo front looks good to get excited about.

and Deus Ex Mankind Divided too. Not a MMO .. that is a strength, not a weakness.