Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Five MMORPG

2»

Comments

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

1. DAoC
    2. AO
    3. UO
    4. EQ
    5. SWG

Kunou
    GM - Desolation
    www.desolation-guild.org/genforum

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• kingslayerkingslayer Staff WriterMember Posts: 91

1. WWIIonline - This game is truely epic in excecution.  1 server, 1 world, massive battles.  This is truely a grognards dream. While there are many flaws: graphics are dated, charecter models are stiff, calculations on some splash damage are incorrect.  All in all it is a great game.  The devs are the most dedicated I have seen with regard to improving the game.

2. Dark Age of Camelot - yes this game is very well done.  I played for 2 years before becoming tired of it.  The charecters, graphics, world content, mobs, and PvP are executed very well in this game.  IMHO capping players at lvl 50 is a drawback as lvl 50 can be attained within a few months of playing.  The only negatives I found in DaoC are:  constant nerfing and buffing of charecters- one day you can kill the "yellow" skellie, the next day you can't.  The lvl 50 cap as mentioned.  PvP, while fun, had a limited impact on the game world.  The crafting system lacks imagination.

3. World of Warcraft /  Lineage 2 -  ???? who knows????

4. Lineage 2 /  World of Warcraft - same as above ???

5. Planetside - Yes, I put planetside on my list.  This game is very exciting for about 6 months.  The graphics are good.  The community is solid.  The gameplay is very challenging.  Nice assortment of weps/vehicles/implants.  The negatives for planetside - Core Combat was a joke, it should be criminal to charge for such trash.  The population has significantly decreased since release and makes it difficult to find a good fight.  After you have "maxed" your charecter, the value of playing lessens.  Most importantly, after playing for several months I discovered there is very little reward for your efforts. SOE has brought their typical crappy customer support.  Their website stats page has been bugged since release.  But, again I must say, you fight and fight in a persistant world and have very little reward for your efforts.  Should your campaigns be successful, your only recourse is to head to the SOE boards and try to extract some satisfaction out of your efforts by proclaiming what a 1337d00d you are. And that is just pathetic.

well thats my .02

Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com or its management.

• MoltarMoltar Member Posts: 11

1) Dark Age of Camelot

2) EverQuest

3) Asheron's Call 2

4) Earth and Beyond

5) Planetside

• bum37bum37 Member Posts: 127
    well.. I look for the gameplay and the community in mmorpg's.  graphics is on the bottom of my list. oh, and third would be how the game changes/evolves, something like monthly updates and stuff and like world events set by the people or gm's.