Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another classic example of "PvP war"

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
edited July 2016 in Off-Topic Discussion
...between the consumer and the producer. Look at all these tv shows that are currently airing on tv through the week http://www.airdates.tv/

Now, ask yourself how many of those are good enough for you to watch? Over the last few years what's been happening is many great tv shows like Almost Human, Forever, Penny Dreadful and many other been getting cancelled for WORSE ones to air. Just like in MMO's quality and talent COSTS and this is just another classic example that as long as certain number of individuals watch these shows, with best examples like Keeping up with the Kardashians, they will be there over something else, something better that you would watch yourself.

Producers will always try to convince the consumer it's somehow better to deliver the product they want over the product the consumers want. I also understand that we are all different and that has something to do with the variety of tv shows airing through the week. At the end of the day all you have to do is look at what the world is willing to accept, watching and consuming to truly know how much different you are vs the rest.

From all those tv shows airing right now I'm watching Beauty and the Beast (another good show that is about to get cancelled), Mr. Robot, Dark Matter, Preacher, and I stopped watching Outlander and Scream after the first season, because I still have a backlog of other better tv shows I'm trying to finish right now like Dexter.

The reality is I'm one of the few around here who can afford to consume so much entertainment thanks to my endless free time and be in a way ahead of the many out there who are still catching up on tv shows that I've enjoyed in the past. This is similar to gaming and MMO's as well, where in the first two decades I've enjoyed, completed, and spent $ on single player games more than anyone I've known. So, in a way thanks to my single player experience and what's currently available from single players, I can afford to skip them by not being interested enough vs my other entertaining options I currently have.

So, what about you, what are you watching from all those tv shows airing right now or are you watching something else? More importantly, when you are not interested to game, what other hobbies/entertainment you seek out to fill the gap until you wait for that X game or thing to do? Legion is coming soon and the closer it gets the more challenging it will be to pass the time, especially if you know the game you currently are playing you won't be playing it in the foreseeable future.

Comments

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    @Stizzled I rather not derail this thread. So, all I'm going to say is that issue has been resolved.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    edited July 2016
    OP has it backwards when it comes to MMO's. People cried for everything to be the same. They made everything the same. When there was no quest markers, people cried. No LFG, people cried. No map, people cried. You all cried and got what you want. So instead of something built upon a designers vision, a shit load of people hopped on and changed course. A camel is a horse designed by a committee. [mod edit]
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    Stizzled said:
    I thought you had your account taken away and stormed away from this site forever?
    Wishful thinking.