Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

250 LOL's - Thank you stalkers

Comments

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Congrats on making so many LoLable posts.... I guess.

Only 67 more to go big guy. You can do it!

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719
    edited July 2016
    Please, don't discriminate between Laughing Out Loud with someone, and Laughing Out Loud at someone :)
    Post edited by 13lake on
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    The LOL button should have a tooltip describing it's purpose. Sometimes i think the LOL's are making fun of a stupid post while sometimes i think it is a positively hilarious post.

So which one is it? Or make 2 buttons, (LOL+) for positive lols, and (LOL-) for making fun of bad posts.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    bartoni33 said:
    DMKano said:
    LOL = lots of love
    Oh look an Orange appears!

Grats @DMKano! 1,000+ LOLs and still going strong.

You have a lot to live up to @GrumpyHobbit.
    Nah, @DMKano is waaaaay behind @GrumpyHobbit when it comes to the all-important "LOL-to-Post" ratio !

Looks like @DMKano 's posts are much too dry... :D

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    13lake said:
    I always had the impression that LoL-ing someone's post meant that you found that post both extremely absurd and pointless to the point that it wasn't worth wasting your time to write an answer to it.
    While certain people use it that way, that surely wasn't the original intent.  Notice that the other buttons are all unambiguously positive, and there isn't a button for "stupid" or "idiot" or "incoherent".  That's an intentional design decision to try to make a more positive community.  The LOL button is intended to be equally positive, as a way to let people express appreciation for a funny joke.
  • Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    iixviiiix said:
    LOL , non of them are negative . Sometime i wish there are disagree or facepalm

They should monetize it.  w2b /facepalm
    bartoni33 said:
    DMKano said:
    LOL = lots of love
    Oh look an Orange appears!

Grats @DMKano! 1,000+ LOLs and still going strong.

You have a lot to live up to @GrumpyHobbit.
    Nah, @DMKano is waaaaay behind @GrumpyHobbit when it comes to the all-important "LOL-to-Post" ratio !

Looks like @DMKano 's posts are much too dry... :D

I don't know, I've seen him piss more than a few people off. I think someone in a thread earlier today got butthurt over some silly thread they started and when DMKano started asking questions they blocked and muted him! It was epic!

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    bartoni33 said:

Please help me?

LOL this post to support my drive to 250!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Dagon13 said:
    iixviiiix said:

If that ever happens, I'm sure some people would create multiple accounts just to click the ":facepalm:" button on certain posts... :D
    edited July 2016
    bartoni33 said:

Please help me?

While we are groveling for points I would like to say I need only one more Insightful to reach 25! Only one more! I am OK with it being a dirty, unearned one.

There it is! Thank you!

I would like to thank the community for all your support during this time. Mom, Dad I love you too!

(walkoff music starts)

bartoni33 said:
    bartoni33 said:

Please help me?

While we are groveling for points I would like to say I need only one more Insightful to reach 25! Only one more! I am OK with it being a dirty, unearned one.

I'll trade you that Insightful for one more meaningless LOL!?!?!

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    Dagon13 said:
    iixviiiix said:

Add a disagree button, but make it cost a penny each time you use it, while the current buttons are free.  And the disagree button has to be pre-paid before you can use it, of course.
    Quizzical said:
    Dagon13 said:
    iixviiiix said:

Add a disagree button, but make it cost a penny each time you use it, while the current buttons are free.  And the disagree button has to be pre-paid before you can use it, of course.
    How about a yearly sub of $12 that lets you rate posts!

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Quizzical said:
    Dagon13 said:
    iixviiiix said:

Suzie and Bill will have their own yacht in no time!

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    edited July 2016
    I think it would be better to get rid of the rating system altogether, you see it everywhere, and it has made people so desperate to know what someone (that they will probably never meet) thinks. Why do people need such a simple way to express their "opinion"? Get rid of the rating system, and force people to respond rather than making it so simple for them to disagree. It's drama for nothing! Cater to trolls? Allow disagrees? That would just make the forum toxic! This would give moderators a lot more work; I've seen it happen.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
    Quizzical said:
    Dagon13 said:
    iixviiiix said:

Suzie and Bill will have their own yacht in no time!
    We could start P2W posts about forum ratings and how unfair that is!

Quizzical said:
    Dagon13 said:
    iixviiiix said:

Oh man the money that would be made just from the SC forums could float an entire third-world country for a whole year.

Or how about $10 for a pack of get out of jail free cards so we can post how we actually feel about certain silly topics and then trade in the card.

Or how about $10 for a pack of get out of jail free cards so we can post how we actually feel about certain silly topics and then trade in the card.
    EVEN BETTER!!

$5 a pack...  contains random assortment of:

Insightful
    Agree
    Awesome
    LOL
    Thumbs Down

and the rare "Get Out Of Jail" card

Seems to me that the Bars of Shame are only given to those that post in certain... areas of this site.

Have fun!

EVEN BETTER!!

$5 a pack...  contains random assortment of:

Insightful
    Agree
    Awesome
    LOL
    Thumbs Down

and the rare "Get Out Of Jail" card

You work for Arc don't you? I've seen your dirty work in STO and Neverwinter.

I think it would be better to get rid of the rating system altogether, you see it everywhere, and it has made people so desperate to know what someone (that they will probably never meet) thinks. Why do people need such a simple way to express their "opinion"? Get rid of the rating system, and force people to respond rather than making it so simple for them to disagree. It's drama for nothing, no -1 and "disagree", that would just make the forum toxic!
    Unfortunately, it's a symptom of the modern desire for "convenience".

Just click a button, no need to formulate a logical argument and express it with proper syntax and punctuation.

And just by clicking people feel as if they are "part of the community", which means they are likely to return and generate more page-views for your advertising ratings...
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    All I know is, I'm not nearly as lol worthy as I thought I was.  This thread has made me realize I'm not LOL enough.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    why do people even care about ratings on a forum site? Is this the most important thing in people's lives here that they care so much about anon forum posters? I could really care less if anyone in this forum agrees with me or thinks I'm stupid as much of you should also feel the same or get some self esteem therapy. It's a forum based completely on opinions regardless of presenting neat little facts and internet articles to base your opinions on so seriously who really cares?
    All I know is, I'm not nearly as lol worthy as I thought I was.  This thread has made me realize I'm not LOL enough.
    That is a pretty impressive LOL-to-post ratio I must admit.

Look at it this way: you either don't post enough funny material or not enough bullshit posts. Question is, are you trying to post funny stuff and failing or are you just too right too often?

This discussion has been closed.