Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

250 LOL's - Thank you stalkers

GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
Thanks to @Gdemani, @Timberhack and @Craftseeker for stalking me though all my threads on SC and COE. Without your dedication to evading useful input and your unfailing ability to resort to LOL'ing my posts because you lack any counter argument I really could not have got there without you. Feel free to mis-use the function and ignore the mods when they specifically tell you to stop abusing the system and I will continue writing posts that infuriate you but leave you unable to respond with anything other then a LOL. 

Warmest regards!

Comments

• DarLorkarDarLorkar Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    This is why i did not agree with the new way of clicking on posts here ...or really anywhere.

After a while it is more about that, the clicking for or against or any perceived approval or negativity than about the posts.

Just adds to the drama for some people that care one way or the other. Does nothing for the posts or the community.
  • DiabhualDiabhual Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Allow me to assist you in your triumph to LOLtastic victory good sir!
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    LOLs are bad? I love LOLs.

Can I have your LOLs if you don't want them? Or is this post about getting LOLs when you were trying to be serious? If that's the case LOL.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Was there really a need for a thread because you got some lol ratings?
    Harbinger of Fools
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Helping you on your path to 1000 LOL.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited July 2016
    Thanks to @Gdemani, @Timberhack and @Craftseeker for stalking me though all my threads on SC and COE. Without your dedication to evading useful input and your unfailing ability to resort to LOL'ing my posts because you lack any counter argument I really could not have got there without you. Feel free to mis-use the function and ignore the mods when they specifically tell you to stop abusing the system and I will continue writing posts that infuriate you but leave you unable to respond with anything other then a LOL. 

Warmest regards!
    I am embarassed for you bro, butthurt over some silly forum voting buttons. They seriously should have put disagree buttons in. Today's "participation trophy" generation can't have anyone disagreeing with them though, might hurt their feelings.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    LOL , non of them are negative . Sometime i wish there are disagree or facepalm

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    The "LOL" button serves a dual purpose here:

It can either imply that the reader thinks you're extremely witty

or

they were reduced to helpless laughter by your complete ineptitude !

Unfortunately, it's impossible to tell which sentiment motivated the click... :D
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Tip o' the fedora to you my cringelord!
  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    I click the LOL sometimes if the poster made me laugh because they were saying something funny. I don't view it as a negative at all. A disagree button would help solve all that though... 
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    edited July 2016
    I swear Gdemani's forum looks like this:

edit:
      here.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Dakeru said:
    Was there really a need for a thread because you got some lol ratings?
    Hey, at least unlike some other poster on this site, he didn't suggest overhauling the entire system because all these LOLs were "cheating" him out of the points a brilliant man like him really deserves. :chuffed:

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• holdenfiveholdenfive Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Good god, what overt gotten to.

I lol'ed some of your posts, I consider it a benign practice of mild contempt. But that it affects you so hard makes me really lol.
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    I love when people "LOL" me thinking it somehow affects me negatively. Actually, it's part of what permitted me to quickly ascend to "Epic" status, even though I have way more "agrees". It's even more funny when those "LOLers" have less than half the points I have...

Personally, I only give a "LOL" if the person made me smile or openly laugh with his post. You did that, so I give you one. Enjoy.

;)
    That tend to happen when you have 5000 posts. That is a lot more then your average user. One would surmise that the more posts a person a has the more likely said person is to have more points. Anyways, enjoy your feelings of pride for achieving "Epic" on a internet forum.

Also, congrats on your "LOLs" @GrumpyHobbit  
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited July 2016
    Pssst, OP. I just helped JLP hit 250 LOLs as well, so now you don't have to feel so alone! (Saw he had 248 xD)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Well, it shows that they took the time to read your post, right? It's better to be hated than to be ignored. It's not like anyone takes the rating system seriously, personally I look at people with "rare" or "epic" status and think to myself they must have been here for a long time. At least they are not anonymous "LoL's" so you know who your "haters" are. :P
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Sorry but I just couldn't LOL your OP. For me LOL stands for "Ludicrous Online Lies". If I give you one, you know you are spouting bullshit from all holes.

BTW you are doing gods work in the SC forum. You are one of the few there that is neither a Whiteknight or a Troll, you just tell it like you see it. I like to feel I also do the same.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Pssst, OP. I just helped JLP hit 250 LOLs as well, so now you don't have to feel so alone! (Saw he had 248 xD)
    Thank thee, kind sir. Let's "LOL" all together for a better world!

I actually LOL at that!
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719
    edited July 2016
    I always had the impression that LoL-ing someone's post meant that you found that post both extremely absurd and pointless to the point that it wasn't worth wasting your time to write an answer to it.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    edited July 2016

Warmest regards!
    http://www.mmorpg.com/disclaimers.cfm#conduct

Trolling
    • Posting excessive negative comments or baiting others to respond in a negative manner is considered trolling on the MMORPG.com forums.
      For example: If there is one game that you did not enjoy, voicing your opinion is encouraged. Posting this opinion in every thread concerning that game to the point that it disrupts all other conversation is not tolerated.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

DMKano said:
    LOL = lots of love
    Oh look an Orange appears!

Grats @DMKano! 1,000+ LOLs and still going strong.

You have a lot to live up to @GrumpyHobbit.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

Avanah said:

Warmest regards!
    http://www.mmorpg.com/disclaimers.cfm#conduct

Trolling
    • Posting excessive negative comments or baiting others to respond in a negative manner is considered trolling on the MMORPG.com forums.
      For example: If there is one game that you did not enjoy, voicing your opinion is encouraged. Posting this opinion in every thread concerning that game to the point that it disrupts all other conversation is not tolerated.
    One of the most abused and at the same time underused ToC here. Although they are getting better at using it correctly.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    If Gdemami were to quit, this site would lose about half of its LOL clicks.

If someone wants to use the LOL button to mean, "I disagree with you, and therefore, I am going to increase your score", as I see it, that's his problem.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Congrats on making so many LoLable posts.... I guess.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

This discussion has been closed.